It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moor alien case

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
hello

for many years i find the Moor - Alien case to be simply astounding...

and it happened here...

www.picturesofengland.com...

here it is...Ilkley Moor...

these are very well documented photographs, i doubt they are a hoax...

also, the case itself is very large and very well compiled...

One of the most unique accounts of alien abduction comes to us from the Ilkley Moor in Yorkshire, England. The witness and subject of this case is a former policeman named Philip Spencer. Spencer claims that in the early morning of December 1, 1987, he was taken aboard an unidentified flying craft, and after his release managed to snap a picture of one of the alien beings. The Ilkley Moor is very much as you would picture it. Reminiscent of the setting of the moors of Baskerville Hall in Conan Doyle's "Hound of the Baskervilles." it is an eerie place. It has been said that "The Ilkley Moor can scare you to death during daylight, and at night it's even worse." It is a place of mystery. There is the Swaztika stone; boulders etched with strange markings; the Badger Stone; and the Twelve Apostles stone circle. Many times the only living creatures on the moor are the sheep. Ilkley has other legends too, like the hovering lights at night, which bring occasional reports of UFOs. Strange, swirling lights that are filtered through the fog which seems to have a mind of its own. Possibly some of the mysterious sights can be attributed to the not too distant Menwith Hill Military Base, or the nearby Leeds Bradford Airport. The activities of these two facilities will not, however, explain what happened to Spencer. There were also stories of strange creatures that roam across the moor at times.

Moor alien 2

There was silence now. When he saw nothing else of the being or its craft, he began to walk to the nearest village. This walk took about 30 minutes, and during this time, a couple of things became apparent to him. First of all, his compass now pointed south instead of north, and secondly, the village clock showed the time an hour ahead of his.. Spencer was confused now. Did he see what he thought he saw? To answer this burning question, he headed by bus to the nearest town with instant film development. Sure enough, he had a picture of the creature! It looked to be about 4 foot tall, and had a blue-green tint to it's skin. He knew he had something of importance, or at least, he thought he did. He found the proper channels to contact UFO investigator Peter Hough. Hough knew what he was hearing was a "too good to be true" case, and it worried him, but after meeting Spencer, he was convinced that he was a man of integrity and was not seeking fame or fortune for his picture. There was no reason to not believe what Spencer had told him. Hough began a thorough investigation. The film with the alien picture would be the first thing to undergo professional scrutiny. The alien picture was first looked at by a wildlife photography expert. The object in the image was not an animal of any known kind. It could not be determined either way if the figure was animate or static. A reconstruction of the original site did establish the alien's height at or near 4 and one half feet. The photograph was next sent to Kodak laboratories in Hemel, Hempstead. An analysis showed that the object was indeed part of the original photo, and not superimposed. This conclusion did not, of course, determine what the creature was. Next, the picture was sent to the United States for computer enhancement and analysis. Dr. Bruce Maccabee, optical physicist with the United States Navy rendered his expert opinion; He stated that the slow film speed used for the low light conditions made the film too grainy for proper testing. "I had great hopes that this case would prove definitive. Sadly circumstances prevent it from being so," Maccabee stated. Something strange was noticed in the picture. Appearing on the hill at exactly the spot where Spencer says the UFO was, is a white square. Could it be that he had gotten a part of the UFO in the shot unknowingly? He was not sure.

Moor alien 3

Spencer had begun to have strange dreams of starry skies, and was still puzzled by the missing time he experienced, so the final test would be subjecting him to regressive hypnosis. The session was conducted by Dr. Jim Singleton, at Arthur Tomlinson's home, on March 16, 1988. Also there were Peter Hough, and Mathew Hill, a journalist friend of Hough who was to operate the three tape recorders.

and at Moor there has been many other activity...

links:

www.ufodata.co.uk...

www.ufocasebook.com...

it was on TV on Mystery Hunters- tvlistings.zap2it.com...

ufos.about.com...

so, what do you think of this case? Moor is a strange place indeed....

thanks

[edit on 7-11-2009 by deejayiwan]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
s&f for you,keep up the good work you are doing,it does not go
unnoticed.thanks

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
As a child..I spent many hours wandering the moors with my cousins and the dogs. It certainly is an eerie but beautiful place. My favourite stones are the ones called the cow and calf...to stand atop this was a highlight and the view is awesome.
The only thing of any interest might be that quite often the dogs would be spooked..and walk beside you with their tales between their legs.

Oh..I forgot to say thankyou for posting this interesting information on one of my favourite places.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by sueloujo]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Thank you for bringing this case, as well as all the others

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Spinotoror]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Great thread, thanks for the information.

I'm planning to visit this area early next year to investigate the paranormal activity, if anyone here knows of other places with lots of activity near to that location, please pm me.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by deejayiwan

Never of this before it's so fascinating
and the pictures!

Lots of UFO activity over Manchester in the last 9 months i wonder if there are any ancient stones in the nearby vicinity

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

This case has been discussed before here, if you are interested in this story you may
check this extense thread where you will find all the relevant information about this
case including a photo I posted of the actual witness Philip Spencer making a drawing
of the alien for japanese NIPPON-TV.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Your passion for ufology is admirable, keep up the work!
I remember hearing of this case, I will do some digging and see if I can add anything of substance to this thread. Your contributions to the UFO forum as of late are appreaciated.

Just as a friendly tip I want to say that it is always better when presenting us with these cases to do so in a orderly, well laid out/presented manner with the pictures already embedded (cause people are lazy and major aspects of cases tend to get overlooked because no one wants to click a link). This also goes for using less external source and more of your own words, with your opinions and all possible explanations listed in an unbiased maner. It just helps the flow of things and helps ufology become more legit. Ufology has SO much going against it now that we MUST stay on top of our games and remain scientific and diligent, just remember that and you'll do fine, as you already are.
Your doing a great job, just try and keep those pointers in mind. If you have any questions ever about cases, coding, etc feel free to u2u me, that's what I'm here for.

Thanks for sharing

[edit on 11/7/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Hey there deejayiwan,

Ahhhh ! How I love the moors ... I live in a small market town right on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors and appreciate my surroundings on a daily basis.

Having said that the moors are a very strange place ... normal rules DO NOT apply up there and I have had many strange / unexplained experiences myself, it really is a magickal place.

I have a rather special photograph of my own from one of my late night jaunts, that I'll dry to find and post.

Woody

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit
Great link, thanks free_spirit, I'm a bit mad now because the YTV show Myth Hunters did a segment on this story but they never said that the alien waved at the witness nor did they say that the witness witnessed the alien's ufo taking off
nor any of that time loss or magnet reversal thing.

Poor research or job on Myth Hunters' part

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Nice to see someone do a thread about this often over looked case, its one of my favourites and in my opinion completely genuine as far as I can see.

One thing that ive always thought however is how the alien in the moor case is very similar to that other odd case with little green guys, ie the Kelly-Hopkinsville Encounter encounter, while the alien in the Moor didnt seem to have large ears the rest of the description is extremely similar.

Also of note in my mind is the fact both cases the aliens appeared rather affable with no intention of harm or hostility towards their 'victim' (although all the hostility in the Hopkinsville case was human based for the most part
).

Didnt learn anything I didnt already know about the case but S&F all the same.

Edit:- Hey Free_Spirit, never seen that image of him drawing the alien before... nice one. i take it back it DOES have large ears like the Hopkinsville aliens. Moor sighting happened a few decades after the Hopkinsville encounter, but I doubt mister Godfrey would have attempted a hoax based on that previous encounter.

If I have to ever meet a non Human alien.. let it be one of these mischievous guys

[edit on 7-11-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

I've noticed that none of those shows really ever do their cases too much justice.
They almost always leave out key elements of the stories they are presenting. That goes across the board on those paranormal shows.
They give you just enough info to let you see that something out of the ordinary MAY have happened, but never really enough info to be able to say one way or the other definatively.

OP,
Great case. I remember this one but it has been quite some time since I've seen it discussed. Good job. S&F

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I live in Keighley, about 5 miles away from Ilkley moor

I keep debating whether to go & spend a night up there, but it's ever so bleak.

I can also remember my Uncle who was part of Keighley Rifle Club telling me that (at probably around this time) they were having a contest & camping at the club, and they witnessed an egg shaped glowing object fly over the trees and off into the distance 2 nights running.

He was a senior police officer too, so a pretty good witness.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

s & f thanks for sharing this, very interesting.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I was looking at the close up photo from the supposed alien and I noticed some odd things about the "creature"

I would like to refer to it as the odd man as the creatures eyes and facial structure resemble more of a man than anything else.

Upon close inspection I discoved lips in a wistling pose a hat a beared a rifle a cane and a very odd pin on his shoulder with an ape with bunny ears
a flower at the end of his sleeve and for some odd reasons he's wearing bright blue sneakers. Aswell as being short, he has large ears eye's and a large nose

even if he may not be an alien, he, despite that, should be

So I decided to add lines to the image to give it much more clarity

i259.photobucket.com...

Thar

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Good thread, I loved the ilkley moor stories when I was a teenager, always found the swastika stone facinating.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I do grouse beating with the old game keepers up there and have walked through them stones last week haha, i will ask them if they have any info regarding this case.

Lee

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
How someone manages to not take a single sharp picture of an alien being is beyond my imagination.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I had heard of this case but as it is not often discussed I had forgotten most of it. The picture of the alien immediately brought it all back to me though; he may be small, but I can't say that I would be particularly happy to bump into him on a lonely moor with nobody else around for miles!

Thanks for bringing this case back to our attention, reading accounts like these really make the world seem a little more magical.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
looks like an old midget if you look closely he has a human face beard and hair

top topics

<<   2 >>

join