It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corporations shipping excess H1N1 vaccine overseas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I thought ATS would be interested in this story out of Canada. I'm sure this is probably happening in America too (although I have no information on that). Apparently, a vaccine manufacturer is shipping the vaccine overseas to other countries rather than giving it to the country they are in.

Read the story www.citytv.com...

GlaxoSmithKline’s Quebec plant produced more antigen than we can use and it’s been sent elsewhere. Where exactly the excess went is not known.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by ExPostFacto]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
There's excess in Canada? Wow. We here in the U.S. are inundated with reports of shortages of this vaccine, as well as of the yearly flu vaccine.

Me? I'm refusing the vaccination. More needy and worthy people could use it. Obama? Take mine, homey!!

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This can't be possible. We are having problems getting vaccines in Canada. That is why it is recommended that the elderly not to get it.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
As stated in the article, the vaccine is produced in three stages, the antigen creation (or the active ingredient) is the first. In order to have the shot, the other two stages need to be completed. In this case, there is more than enough antigen, the excess of which is shipped abroad -- to me that makes sense. Why waste an excess active ingredient?

The reason people are not getting the shot is because the other two stages have not been completed (Vial-filling and quality control).

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Oscitate

Makes sense, except to the people wanting a shot. The antigen needs to be put into a dispenser and they ran out of dispensers? Or they have them overseas? Makes more sense to be to ship the dispensers to where the antigen is. Hell, what do I know.

new topics

top topics

join