It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we being groomed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Are we being groomed?

Are being groomed by media to possible except some type of first contact or phenomenom of some kind?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Hello all.
I am a new member.
So Im sitting here wondering over a few bears of that all the televison shows and recenr movies about aleins and abduction are perhaps desensaitizing the population so when the real thing accures it is some what of a no biggy and "cool" thing? It may not be aliens per say, but some type of drastic event that changes everything may be percieved less dramaticly as it would have been if we have not been exposed to such things on a high level. your thoughts?

I apoligize about the bad grammmer.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by roninkan

Are we being groomed?

Nope, my hair is the same way it was yesterday.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
i may be blind, but i am still quite sure that there is no link in the OP.
my apologies if I'm wrong.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by roninkan

Hello all.
I am a new member.
So Im sitting here wondering over a few bears of that all the televison shows and recenr movies about aleins and abduction are perhaps desensaitizing the population so when the real thing accures it is some what of a no biggy and "cool" thing? It may not be aliens per say, but some type of drastic event that changes everything may be percieved less dramaticly as it would have been if we have not been exposed to such things on a high level. your thoughts?

I apoligize about the bad grammmer.

I'm sure people in the 50's thought the same thing when there was a rush of really bad alien movies being pushed.

I'm sure people in the 60 to present thought the same thing with all the bad alien tv shows and movies that was and is being pushed.

Its funny, just because there was a few years without us having to endure a rush of shows and movies about aliens, people automatically think we are being "groomed" when the cycle starts back up.

In a few years people will tire of it and we won't see any for a while and then the cycle will continue.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Wheres the link, the grammar from the link tells me that you don't have one. I to believe that we are being groomed for some type of disclosure that may happen in the future.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Couldn't it just be that ideas change with time? I mean, I'm a huge fan of Alien-based films (along with many, many others), and you've always had films where the Aliens are evil and others where they are good. I'd say that if these films were grooming us, preparing us for the future, it all started in the 1930's or whenever Alien flicks started. That would make more sense to me than the process starting recently. I mean, in the 80's Peter Jackson made 'Bad Taste', and now he's just done 'District 9', both of which are entirely different (although I am sure the latter will be remembered above the former, sadly...
). Although I don't really believe in all this 'Our minds are being swayed by art' (although in some respects it's true, I just don't think that there's anything sinister behind the whole thing), if this particular genre of film is grooming us, the grooming process started a loooooong while ago. Maybe even in the form of books, such as H.G. Wells' 'War of the worlds' and so on. Nice thought though. Kepp it up!

Ramadwarf on Bad taste, good and evil, and H.G. Wells

join