It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The god complex.....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Well, if you read upon the so-called "messiah complex,"you find out a few things.Whileit does start in childhood, it is far removed from being spoiled.

Most peoplewith a "messiah complex"were social outcasts as youngsters.Pickedon. Labeled retarded,et cetera.At somepoint in their life they come to a conclusion, "No,none ofyou are better than I ambecause I am of extreme intelligence, or whatever." Typically it is someone who is tired of being coweddown by others.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
ssshhhhh .........

Good ,they've all gone to sleep ,

I GET THE FINAL SAY !!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Personally I think the structural model is a great place to begin when assessing oneself or others.

Many times in the God Complex, one is identifying ego with the super-ego

There is a lot to be said for integrating the two ("I and the Father are one"). But that's a lot different from the ego identifying with the super-ego.

In the situation where the ego identifies with the super-ego, it is merely jumping out of the way of the guilt being thrown at the ego by the super-ego through identification with it... yet the guilt still exists and is projected outward toward the world. In this situation, the sensation of God is still separate from the ego because in fact the two are not yet integrated within the individual.

However, during the process of integration, ("I and the Father are one"), the guilt disappears altogether. The sensation of God is not one "out there", it's one "in here". This is what is being referred to as "The kingdom of heaven is inside of you". Here is the kicker though... because the only way to achieve this integration is through the process of forgiveness for oneself, for others, for circumstance etc. So even though the integrated psyche now sits on the throne of God, it's not one that generates a sense of having authority over others because the psyche now has total authority over itself.

Many people stumble on the road to Autotheism and end up with complexes, because of something they just can't (or won't) let go of. In the end, one truly has to be "born again", "washed in the blood" or whatever phrase you like to apply which means they have stopped serving "Mammon" (or the external world) and instead "dwell within the kingdom".

Ironically, those with the most guilt based religious training as a child are the ones most apt to derive a complex, because they just can't let go of the sensation that there is someone outside of themselves that has authority over them, so integration never occurs.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Then where does the training in being humble come into play if speaking religiously? None the less great observation....

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

We could never have a conversation about the God Complex without referring to Animal Farm - and the saying "power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely".

Power areas can be defined in a number of ways .. .from politicians, Actors, to people at work ... how people constantly strive to get ahead and find themselves where they believe they are the Gods of their own little (or big) worlds.

That is when the real personality becomes evident.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion

Then where does the training in being humble come into play if speaking religiously? None the less great observation....

Great question....

Humility is the tool which helps you to push off the power of the perceived standards of the external world. For example, humility helps in two ways...

1. Not allowing oneself to get caught up in the praise from others. This praise can be like a drug. Humility helps to mollify that.

2. It can be a shield as well, when pressures of social status are upon the individual, humility helps to remove these pressures as well.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Yep, anyone praises me, i just think up yours. I would rather people be negative to me than give me complements, lol. Have always been that way.

You are just you, and i hate the ego thing, and thats why i just hate people trying to feed that ego, if you know what i mean.

I live my life as a tramp, and i prefer it that way. Amazing, i am just like the opposite of what people normally do and want, but i prefer it.

I am sure others do not like there ego, boosted as well.

There is probably a term for it, like everything.

But i learned when your young, egos are a bad thing, but in the material world, you need it, but for me, its a no no.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

This is my first post on the ATS forums. I have been only visiting & readingthe threads here for more than a year. I must admit that when I read the posts on this thread, I learned much valuable opinions & inoformation.

although people often come to such forums to ridicule conspiracy theorists & send offensive personal messages to other members, I see at least half of more people here are free thinking individuals. The open-minded type who don't hesitate to question things. Helped me overcome the fear of internet forums.

anyway, back to topic. Sometimes it seems to me that the Super-Ego-complex could be the same as the Messiah-complex. But could it be that the messiah complex is a bit different because it can rather make a person foolish enough to think its their duty to be helpful to others?

I mean, of course, the elite are the type of people who would rather not listen if somebody tells them that they, everything, & everyone else is God. There are people who rather prefer the "I totally rock. I'm God-like. The rest of you all suck" idea. That's part of the ego-centricism somebody on this thread mentioned earlier.

I think the messiah complex rather gives up power to the ego-centric, elite, & power hungry individuals by encouraging altruistic behavior & self-sacrifice.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by killyou]

[edit on 7-11-2009 by killyou]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

So true.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Great answer. That's using the old noggin.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by killyou

Welcome aboard first off, and thank you for your post. What you said does seem to contradict itself. Messiah complex vs God complex. Great job analyzing the two. I believe you are right. They are different.

Great job.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join