It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Posts..I miss them!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
When a subject was very intence and the poster wished to remain anonymous.
It made for great threads, or I'm jus dillusional, and it never existed?

Anyways some of the better/controversial info. came from these threads.

Am I imagining that this used to be the case?

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

At times, some of the most intelligent, informed posts came from these "unknowns."

As though they couldn't afford to be identified, but would share as long as they could keep their anonymity.

Who knows? We could have heard from Putin himself, or bin Laden, or Bill "cigar anyone?) Clinton, or even Puff Daddy.

Excellent point.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Wonder if we could have a forum, just for topics such as this?

It would be extremely hard to monitor/control and would be a huge headache for the MODS I'm sure!

Anyways just a thought , I do miss -em though!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Sometimes because of the very nature of anonomity it creates certain other problems with the powers that be. It was done for the welfare of the many.

But was it truly anonymous? That is the question I think we already know by the process of elimination.

Yes I know the word anonymity is spelled wrong, but it really looks and sounds good.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
it probably caused problems and stuff.

also it probably wasnt completely anonymous. the mods could probably check out the IP address and see what member(s) usually posted from that address.

it would mean that people violating rules could be busted, but its not true anonymity. (if they could in fact do IP checks)

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
i caught ET_MAN to be just a member that made an account, posting threads about his meditation methods on both accounts, first on his human one, being rejected by the idea, then on his alien one, with people taking interest.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I understand completely, but there is always libraries, and anyone , that has really juicy info. that don't know how to use floating/random ISP's, well thats another story, but yes for the most part veryvery few were anonymous.

But they were always fun, and I see the problems, that could compromise TPTB and other security reasons! But thats what made -em so good!

top topics

join