It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who LOVED "V" tonight?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I think the disclosure is so "in your face" im holding my breath for what they will do next. I am thrilled, I cannot believe that they are doing this. I am wondering what the reptillians agenda is this time around? Any ideas?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Yeah it was good, Lots of suspense, looking forward to next week.

think they want to take over the world and enslave the Human’s I’m guessing they had to leave their planet and move on for some reason. Maybe more of there kind hiding behind one of the planets or the Moon. This being just the forward fleet.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by SharkBait]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

I had a hard time staying awake through it, however that's probably more due to the labors of the day than the series.

Still, for me, it was kinda slow-moving..... I'll try to get a nap before the next episode
I wanted to catch the pilot, in case any profundity was disclosed.

How did it play for you Xynephadyn?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I enjoyed it, but I don't think that casual contact like what was portrayed would even be possible until some serious testing was done. Not to mention the obvious military angles that would abound,
but it's a TV show and they have to move along.
"Move along"
I love how they incorporated the reptilian sleeper conspiracy, and "universal health care" eh... "cough".

Looking forward to this series a lot.
"Chatter" about disclosure readiness is nutz!!

[edit on 11/3/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I remember the original, I dont understand why they are not species named, unless I missed that, I just dont get "visitor".
I guess it keeps it open?
It had a "24" feel to it.
add- didnt they breed with us in the one that ran in the 80's?

[edit on 3-11-2009 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I really dislike mainstream TV but it was nice to be able to change the channel from something other than the Sci Fi, History, or Military channel lol... a bit slow moving... I had posted a reminder and included this if anyone was interested....

"Keep a watch for the Dawn of the New Day pamphlet mentioned by Jordan Maxwell! If you are not sure who or what I am referring to you can check out the page with his opinion on the saying Dawn of a New Day I realize many people may not agree with his views but I found it extremely interesting when he brought it up in one of his latest interviews mind you he had been referring to this before the series came out... he has posted a mention on his site..> www.jordanmaxwell.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It would have been great had some idiot not hit the power pole outside and knock out the power 10mins into it! I was
:bnghd::bnghd: pissed! I had been waiting to see this and nobody bothered me either, they knew! I even had two people call me after it was over to ask if it had already started because they saw my FB status..lol So I hope there is a replay which I doubt being that its on a major network....Anyway I hope it didnt suck like some say and that it is given a fair chance.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I liked the production values, CGI but to me the script sounded like something film school students would write but the actors did a great job with the material they were given. At least a series like this hires thousands of people and during times like these; that's a good thing.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
So far not anything to write home about. The pilot episode should have went the miniseries route in my opinion. It felt rushed while moving along at a very slow pace and as such may not get the viewership it hopes to because of its lack of depth in its initial outing. Trust the big networks to screw the good things up.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Seems pretty solid so far. I think us Earthlings are portrayed as a little too accepting though, maybe that will change as the story develops.

The only thing I found a little off-putting, was the excessive use of green screens. Many of the scenes could have been real sets, like the inside of the warehouse, enclosed locations on the ship, etc. Using green screens too much can make it feel cheap, hopefully they won't abuse them.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
The only thing I found a little off-putting, was the excessive use of green screens. Many of the scenes could have been real sets, like the inside of the warehouse, enclosed locations on the ship, etc. Using green screens too much can make it feel cheap, hopefully they won't abuse them.

I do agree, but building sets/location shooting is expnsive where as a geek with a mac and Final cut pro is cost effective.

TV is about making money for the adverts; not ART.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I like how the show handled the church-and-clergy matter sensitively, and not irreverently. Hollywood is finally getting it maybe, that ---most--- Americans are conservative toward religious matters. Granted however, I cringed when they made the large Jesus crucifix go crashing down on his face. But then maybe I spoke too soon. At any rate, I see that it appears this one clergy minister will be a main hero character.

The main Alien Anna, has black hair and dark eyes. I wonder why, since in ---real--- 'contacts', the attractive human-looking types are blonde. Even 'houseboat Bob', (of the Needles CA UFO crash) was paid an intimidating visit by an attractive human-looking blonde couple.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by simonecharisse]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I didn't like it.

If that woman called out 'Tyler' one more time, I was going to turn it off! The way she stood in front of her son when they saw the ship was laughable.
She's going to be like that mother in Earth II, who spends most of her time calling out to her son.

I also don't like the guy who plays the priest, he was on '4400' and it looks like he's always going to cry.

Also the one thing that they didn't get right was when the crowd was first looking up at the ship, no one was taking pictures with their cellphones!!!

I was also waiting for Anna to eat a lovebird or mouse, but she never did.

Other than that, it wasn't too bad.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Darn... I missed the new V!!

I will have to catch it next time it airs.. I am sure they will do a repeat of it sooner or later

I was watching the older V's, on syfy channel.

When I was a young kid I remember my mom watching that show with my dad.
It was pretty cool back then.. But at that time I didnt know the first thing about Conspiracy theories and everything I know now a days..

Plus looking back, alot of people seem to think the conspiracy came from V..
But its the other way around.. V came directly from the theories so many people had out before hand..
Its just at that time, it was only written in books.. We didnt have the internet like we have today..
So word gets out fast about this subject..

Anyway.. I look forward to watching it!! Thanks for the thread.. I will take a read into what people thought of the show..
My mom said she watched it, and she said it freaked her out..
And she said it was good

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It has its good points and bad...

GOOD

The head alien is PERFECT, and she is playing the role beautifully (even better than Diana, imho...)

Cool motherships, look much more reptillian

Awesomely better lizard effects

Sleeper agents are an interesting new twist

Interesting change (head resistance is female instead of male, the human/alien relationship genders were reversed (human male falling for V female...her son, etc.)

BAD

It was rushed. One episode and we have the revelation they are lizards, the beginnings of the resistance, etc.? This should have been built up more.

The shuttles look clunky, I liked the sleek, white ships of the past.

NO SYMBOL!!! The symbol was one of the biggest icons of the old series...

Calling them "V's", just call them Visitors...like the old show...

Skimpy on the revelation...the old show said where they came from (Sirius), more about why they were here (even though a smokescreen), and more interaction with officials.

The old uniforms were much more sinister...

No "Scientist Conspiracy", this was an anchor of the old show, and a way for the Visitors to start dissent.

---------------------

All that aside, still a good show, and one of my new must-watch shows... Anna is worth it...beautiful, but deadly, and her acting is top notch (note the little eye flutters and other minor tics that really bely an alien character...awesome...) Like the old show, it hinges on the performance of the alien face to the world, so they did do this right....

Moreso than the original though, it seems humanity is really screwed....hehe...

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I have only seen the pilot.

Is there a way to get this show over the internet?

I would appreciate u2 if someone can tell me website to find the latest shows.

Is this a mini- series or will it be a regular program now?

Thanx.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
There are about 4 episodes, then a break for the Olympics... Once they are over, the show will (hopefully) be back.

Ratings were great, so looks good so far...

I have a feeling the network itself will show the episodes after they've aired. They'll want to build up an audience for the show's return.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Tonight's episode was right on target....

Much more of a slow build, and Anna was in top form. Certainly my new favorite vice, and gotta watch show....

new topics

top topics

join