It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bbc reporter versus yobs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
BBC reporter paresh patel gives a yob something he deserves, and good for him.
Im fed up with these drunken yob types who think they can get away with anything.
shame they did not know he is a black belt.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by remymartin]

[edit on 3-11-2009 by remymartin]

CX

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Totaly agree, idiots like this deserve everything they get when they pick on the wrong guy. The reporter was very restrained i thought, many would have finished the job off long before the police got there.

I wonder who the camera man was, was he with the reporter? I know it's good evidence on camera and all that, but you'd have thought he'd have helped the guy out.

CX.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Fantastic lmao

I bet those yobs thought he was going to be a push over.

It's a shame Jeremy Clarkson wasnt there im sure he would of piled in unlike Paresh Patel's cameraman.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
s&f because that made me feel warm inside, idiots like that deserve it.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Good on him.

Should have just decked them in the first place.... they swung at him enough times before he did.

Showed good restraint though.

[edit on 3/11/09 by blupblup]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
i love to see idiots like this get whats comming to them.
im also surprised the cameraman and some of the passers by didnt do anything

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The camera man was with him they were setting up for an interview.
It gives me faith that the yob culture in this country is coming to an end we all have to stand up and be counted.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Good for him, as has been said already many would not have held back, I think part of the yobs idea though was maybe to get the camera man to put his equipment down and then grab it, happens a lot.

Latest craze is smashing your car windows at traffic lights and grabbing items on display, Christmas time it gets even worse, these yobs need to be smashing big rocks into gravel for 12 months, instead of the soft sentencing they hand them, maybe then they would learn some respect.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
And this is what they get.

Despite the video, Nugent and McKenna insisted "they were just having a laugh. And that they only picked up the chair so that he could have a sit down". Nugent and McKenna, admitted charges of affray and assaulting Mr Patel on September 11. Nugent and McKenna were given community orders for 18 months with supervision whilst Mckenna also has to do 14 hours unpaid work at Manchester Crown Court. Jodie Anderson has been given a six-week suspended prison sentence and was ordered to pay Mr Patel a £50 fine. Judge David Hernandez said: '"He defended himself, he delivered a blow. I say good for Mr Patel."

top topics

join