It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New findings bring hope for possible Parkinson's disease cure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
November 03, 2009

Anumantha Kanthasamy, a distinguished professor of biomedical sciences and W. Eugene and Linda R. Lloyd Endowed Chair in Neurotoxicology at the ISU College of Veterinary Medicine, has been working to understand the complex mechanisms of the disease for more than a decade and thinks he has found hope for the cure.

Parkinson's disease sufferers lack a sufficient amount of a brain chemical called dopamine.

Kanthasamy's research shows that there is specific protein that is naturally present in human brains that -- for no known reason -- kills the brain cells that make dopamine.

The cells that are being killed are the ones that produce the needed dopamine.

"We have millions of cells in our brains," said Kanthasamy, "In Parkinson's, about 10,000 of these brain cells die; no one knows why."

Kanthasamy discovered that a novel protein -- known as protein kinase-C (specifically PKCδ) - is killing the dopamine-producing cells.

www.physorg.com...

More info on neurotoxicology

www.physorg.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bd78ee6cc3f9.jpg[/atsimg]

Anumantha Kanthasamy at Iowa State University has found an essential key to possibly cure Parkinson's disease and are looking for others. Kanthasamy has been working to understand the complex mechanisms of the disease for more than a decade and thinks he has found hope for the cure.
Researchers at Iowa State University have found an essential key to possibly cure Parkinson's disease and are looking for others.

Would be wonderful if they have finally found a cure for this devastating disease that effect so many around the world.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I certainly hope so! My father has it - he was diagnosed 15 years ago and has managed to keep it fairly under control, but it is beginning to win now.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Lolliek

Sorry to hear your father has this disease, hopefully this new discovery will be available soon for him and others.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
My grandfather died from this wretched disease. Unfortunately it will be another 20 years before we see any results. They need to develope the drugs, and test the drugs.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
My grandfather died from this wretched disease. Unfortunately it will be another 20 years before we see any results. They need to develope the drugs, and test the drugs.

That is the sad part, in fact they publish this information and it seems you never hear about again, if there is a cure of course it will be suppressed by big pharma or the medical community.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It's unfortunate that this is all a big LIE.

You will never have a cure for any disease so long as there is money to make off the treament of said disease. the FDA and the FTC do not want you to be cured, as you are no longer a customer them.

This is all just fluff and propaganda to make it look like they are working on these things when in fact they are just lining their pockets with more "research" money.

If you don't believe me I urge you to read the book entitled "Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You To Know". It will really open your eyes to state of disease and illness in America, and how Big Pharma and the government want you to be more sick than ever.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thanks tothetenthpower, I have read the book you mentioned, of course you are right, one reason that alternative medicine scares them and they are doing everything the can to try and control it.

new topics

top topics

join