It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ancients Series | Part I: Sumerians

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Please provide a link to, or a pic of, any Assyrian Annunaki.

I believe you are looking at an Apkallu.

The "lunchbox" (LOL) is a container for anointing oil.

Harte

They are still related... the Apkallu were created by Enki to give knowledge to the humans. And if you look at these Assyrian Apkallu and earlier Sumerian depictions of Sumerian Annunaki, they are very close in resemblance; wings, etc.

www.mesopotamia.co.uk...

I think that's what he was referring to.

As for the lunchbox, lol, i've read also that it is for anointing oil, but i'm curious as to the specifics of this 'anointing oil', what did they believe it actually did?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
in the "PATH OF EA".. there's a particularly interesting section here:

23./24. The star to its side: The Harrow (GISH).GAN.UR, the weapon of d.A.E - in which one sees the Apsu AK: The First star of Libra. The Apsu, Sumerian AB.ZU Latvian APSU "hole" is the "entry" to the underworld at the first star of Libra.

www.lexiline.com...

note it says "the weapon of d.A.E" is the Apsu and that it correlates with the ABZU and is a hole into the underworld? THAT, my friends, is the "flood weapon" and the bottomless pit of revelation 9.

www.htmlbible.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Correct, later cultures knew this.

But even curiouser was our discovery of Gliese 581 and her four planets, three Earth like, though e may be too hot for life as we know it. Earthlike means among other things the presence of water.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 11/5/2009 by Matyas]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

note it says "the weapon of d.A.E" is the Apsu and that it correlates with the ABZU and is a hole into the underworld? THAT, my friends, is the "flood weapon" and the bottomless pit of revelation 9.

www.htmlbible.com...

One problem i have with that connection is this:

9:3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

It talk's about these things where you would correlations with Sumerian myths would not forget to mention locusts emerging from the ground. Just my thought.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

epic of gilgamesh: scorpion men guarding gates of mt. mashu, through which is a long dark tunnel to paradise

garden of eden: seraphim/cherubim, guarding gates of eden (paradise)

enuma elish: scorpion men come out of the tiamat/kingu gate
(tiamat is the chaotic void of creation, the nun from which the gods were born (a wormhole). tiamat isn't an entity, it's a thing. when abzu was buried under the e.abzu (gate was closed) tiamat connected to kingu gate instead (i theorize it was on the moon). and out of this came the scorpion men and a host of other rather alien sounding beings

the abzu is the gate in the abyss. tiamat is the wormhole connected to the gate. enuma elish personified them but earlier texts did not.

note the bottomless pit has to be unlocked with a key -- it has some kind of locking mechanism on its gate and the being that opens it, has to descend from the sky to do so.

it might be useful to mention here that the event horizon of a wormhole has the appearance of water (theoretically, according to physicists, anyway)

what reason would "God" have to close down the tower of babel ? no way is a tall building a threat to God. the answer is, nimrod was reopening the abzu gate, which had been buried at the end of the flood. that's why the tower was called a stairway to heaven -- not because it was tall but because it literally had an entrance to the heavens.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by undo]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
from book of gates

pharaoh on the boat that travels into the heavens, is in the wormhole gate
www.touregypt.net...

enki in the wormhole abzu gate
www.uned.es...

and this one is interesting too. it has six arms and is called shiva, a hindu god.
century0empire.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

reply to post by serbsta

epic of gilgamesh: scorpion men guarding gates of mt. mashu, through which is a long dark tunnel to paradise

garden of eden: seraphim/cherubim, guarding gates of eden (paradise)

enuma elish: scorpion men come out of the tiamat/kingu gate
(tiamat is the chaotic void of creation, the nun from which the gods were born (a wormhole). tiamat isn't an entity, it's a thing. when abzu was buried under the e.abzu (gate was closed) tiamat connected to kingu gate instead (i theorize it was on the moon). and out of this came the scorpion men and a host of other rather alien sounding beings

the abzu is the gate in the abyss. tiamat is the wormhole connected to the gate. enuma elish personified them but earlier texts did not.

note the bottomless pit has to be unlocked with a key -- it has some kind of locking mechanism on its gate and the being that opens it, has to descend from the sky to do so.

it might be useful to mention here that the event horizon of a wormhole has the appearance of water (theoretically, according to physicists, anyway)

what reason would "God" have to close down the tower of babel ? no way is a tall building a threat to God. the answer is, nimrod was reopening the abzu gate, which had been buried at the end of the flood. that's why the tower was called a stairway to heaven -- not because it was tall but because it literally had an entrance to the heavens.

Man o man undo, you are brilliant. That's one of the most interesting thing's i've read. It's interesting the way you connect the perceived look of the event horizon of a wormhole, all i can thing about is the TV show Stargate.

I've always been fascinated with the tower of Babel story, has there been any evidence at the actual site it was built which may yield any kind of clues? I'm sure if Nimrud was building something as such that you described there would at least be something left over...

The fact that it is called 'the gate of God' though speaks for itself, very interesting topic which i plan on researching in depth once i get the time.

Edit: I also want to point something out, maybe you have a theory on it.

livingjourney.files.wordpress.com...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

All depictions of the 'tower' are similar, the largest level on top and descending in level size as the building increases in height. Why is this so?

Thanks for the overview.

[edit on 5/11/2009 by serbsta]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

9:3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

It talk's about these things where you would correlations with Sumerian myths would not forget to mention locusts emerging from the ground. Just my thought.

Locusts with stingers on their tails like those of scorpions. Do they not have a word for "Wasp"?
Oh, and does it actually mention "emerging from the ground"?
As hokey as it may sound I believe there is a theory that ties this creature, amongst other little critters, to celestial events. I have read little bits about this some time ago but never really looked into it.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Tiamat is a word for Earth like Gaia before the big change. Following Sitchin's line of thinking in the creation of the planets and comparing that to other myths I believe there is a time when Earth was different, perhaps before the creation of our Moon. Earth was in a different location, it didn't yet have a Moon, it was much larger and I think at some point it was broke in half. This would be the time of "a void and without form". Just to let you know, that part of my mind is still open.

ADD: In the Moon creation idea don't think 4.5 billion years, That old time-line might be wrong.

The "Tower of Babel" / "God Gate" always sounded odd to me. The Tower construction, the physical part that we know of, is found in ancient ruins the world over, and some even under water. Following any of our line of thinking how does this fit in? I am following the wormhole idea but I feel that this leaves out a lot of stuff. First off how does a pyramid make a worm hole?

Originally posted by Serbsta
I've always been fascinated with the tower of Babel story, has there been any evidence at the actual site it was built which may yield any kind of clues?

I have heard that the Tower of Babel was recently being rebuilt. It was said that Saddam Hussein thought he was the reincarnation of Nebuchadnezzar and this guy thought he was the reincarnation of Nimrod. Saddam was attempting to rebuild the Tower with some of the original pieces until H.W. Bush destroyed it in the first Gulf war. This didn't stop Saddam as he stared rebuilding it again until W. Bush destroyed it again in the Iraq invasion along with Saddam. Remember that Mr. W. Bush said that he thought God was asking him to run for the presidency. This makes for a really strange story.

[edit on 11/5/2009 by Devino]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

I want to know what happened to our wings?

Ok... if we were a mixture of Angel and human... where's the wings?

I want wings!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by serbsta

I want to know what happened to our wings?

Ok... if we were a mixture of Angel and human... where's the wings?

I want wings!!!

I believe we still have them. This gets into what I consider the true teachings of Jesus Christ, Gnosticism and our third eye or the pineal gland. Once we find ourselves within then we will be able to fly.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Let's not forget, this is mythology we are talking about.

But i have no problem with anyone taking it literally, i choose not to take most aspects literally, however there are some common things among various myths which cannot be simply myth making.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

the tower of babel was a recreation of the e.abzu. so i am guessing it was at eridu. but there's some argument as to where eridu was. another researcher believed it was also later known as the etemenanki which you can read about here:
www.livius.org...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

reply to post by serbsta

the tower of babel was a recreation of the e.abzu. so i am guessing it was at eridu. but there's some argument as to where eridu was. another researcher believed it was also later known as the etemenanki which you can read about here:
www.livius.org...

Hmm... i see. I thought this was interesting:

E-temen-an-ki means "House of the foundation of heaven on earth".

Foundation of heaven on earth? Strange name for a place.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

it should read, foundation of heaven and earth. like the dur.anki, was the heaven-earth bond.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

So that bond could only be a gate, right?

I see where you're going with this whole connection, but i can't help but see many gaps which i can't, even with logic or by using the mythologies that have been written, fill them in. For example, the Tower of Babel, surely there would exist some proper recount of the purpose of it's construction and not just metaphorical representations of connections between Heaven and Earth.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

well it isn't really the only reference. if it's the e.abzu, which i believe it is,
then it's connected to the abzu references as well which makes it the abyss and the bottomless pit, or rather, the gate is the abyss and bottomless pit (et.al the abzu+tiamat connection from which the gods were born). so how do we get the abyss in heaven?

note how the thing starts underground and goes to the heavens? egyptologists and assyriologists assumed this was just the stars rising from and setting on the horizon. but notice the dur.anki is said to have no horizon. it's a wide abyss with no horizon.

it was a stairway to heaven. the meaning of its name is more precisely stated, chaos gate of the water god(s). the word chaos (tiamat) is the basis for the word "confusion," as is indicated in "enmerkar and the lord of arrata", an akkadian text describing enmerkar/nimrod's construction of the tower and enki's decision to put contention in the speech of man that had been one language before. the people all gave praise to enlil in one language before that. then the prince defiant, the tricky guy, enki, put contention in their language. personally, i think that just means he brought more people here from other places with the gate as soon as it was reopened. people who didn't have the same race, culture or language.

and here's the clincher:
>>>READ THIS IF YOU DON'T READ ANYTHING ELSE IN MY POST:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Indeed some technological device (tower) in a try to reach the gods, or to go to the places of the gods.

What strucks me is the 'tower'.. why is it that a church or any other building tends to be a high structure? There is a need to go up!

Was the tower a rocket like thing? there is a common idea in religious buildings as we know, the need to reach to the sky. As in a mimicry.

Chaos and language.. it seems to me that these words are in confusion, aka translation or interpretation error.

Chaos, can mean lose of control, we have to guess about the years, it could happen with invasions and such.. import changes the local languages.
I mean, its BS to expect that suddenly everybody speaks different. Its always been that way. We are looking to something else. Import from a completly different world could be the answer, or not.

Chaos and different languages seem to connect well.

Good thinking gentlemen, a very good thread!

[edit on 6-11-2009 by VonDutch]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDutch

for the longest time, egyptologists have suggested the tower concept was phallic symbollism. i don't think so. otherwise , every bullet, rocket, jet, airplane, needle, submarine and so on, is also a phallic symbol. here's an excerpt i wrote on the subject from a different thread:

The problem arose primarily because it was presupposed that supernatural events in ancient texts are the equivalent of what is referred to as "myth" All religion was then redefined to be mythical, and some 5300 years of ancient history was discarded for any historical purpose. The actual roots of this problem started during the first days of German Higher Criticism.

German Higher Criticism's primary goal was to establish the biblical text as the most correct and accurate of the ancient historical books, particularly from the perspective of papal interpretation. The German Higher Critics were professors, scholars and priests of the Holy Roman Catholic order, who took it as a solemn duty to rip the ancient world apart and put it back together again in a way that would elevate the papacy's view of the biblical cannon above everything else -- bar none. This had negative ramifications for the rest of the ancient world, as you can well imagine.

Firstly, the Papacy of the final days of the Holy Roman Empire
(?), viewed the planet as being only 5000 or so years old. This, of course, colored their approach to interpretation of other ancient texts as well. The German Higher Critics knew that to advance their study, it would have to be in agreement with the papal "status quo", whom were both their science authorities and their historical authorities. Obviously, something was wrong with papal interpretation but this was not for the Critics to decide. All they had to do was prove the papal interpretation of scripture was accurate and that all other historical accounts were mere contenders for the throne. And so the real trouble began.

Armed with the volumes of knowledge available at the time, the Higher Critics arrived at the erroneous conclusion that the ancient Greeks couldn't write. This theory was initially advanced by Friedrich August Wolf in his book "Prolegomena ad Homerum" (1795). He concluded that Homer couldn't have possibly written the Iliad and the Odyssey because the ancient Greeks couldn't write, or so he thought.

One thing lead to the next, and all the ancient greek epics, poems and histories were tossed out and labelled unhistorical myth: This included the Greek histories of Egypt, Assyria, Media, and the annals of the Greek city-states. As a result, greek histories were removed from historical consideration and taken out of historical and scholarly texts at the university level. Any remaining references were called "myth". Troy never existed, or so they said.

Those whose job it was to provide the new version of history (we call these people historians, today) took the data compiled by the Higher Critics and reshaped history. And so Greece fell from glory, that is, till it was discovered some 40 years later, that the ancient Greeks could write. Unfortunately, their decision to call their ancient texts mythological, was never recanted.

As the study advanced, so fell the Ancient Hindu, the Norse, the Egyptian, the Chinese, the pagan Roman, the Babylonian, and so on, until finally, when the dust cleared, there was literally nothing left in history that was true EXCEPT the papal interpretation of the bible.

Mind you, archaeology had yet to be created as a science. Most of the ancient world was still buried under sand, newer civilizations and so on. They had virtually no clue about the ancient past but were determined to recreate it in the image most befitting the papacy's view of biblical texts. It was a mess.

Here science picks up the ball and runs down the field with it, gleefully reshaping history into whatever configuration is necessary to define their knowledge of science AT THE TIME --- that is, till they run into that proverbial wall where it's finally determined that the papacy is simply wrong.

It is at this point, the bible goes the same way the rest of the ancient world had gone - relegated to obscurity. They couldn't separate the papacy's interpretation of it from the actual words in the text. To them, the two were synonmous, and so into the trash bin of history it went, along with the rest of the ancient world. German Higher Criticism had literally, in just a couple of decades, destroyed 5300 years of ancient history, based almost entirely on their own limited understanding of the cultures it stood in judgement of, without the benefit of archaeological record, and from the standpoint that papal interpretation was the only viable possibility, else it was all false.

Now the show was on for earnest. Since the ancient past was all just a myth, the new progenitors of truth (who had replaced the papacy in that career designation) had the problem of archaeology to deal with. It became a sore spot as it tended to disprove prior pronouncements that the ancient texts were purely myth. Again and again, archaeological digs had proven the ancient texts of these long ago people, were in fact, quite historical. This was a BIG problem.

Before the ball could be snatched out of their court, something had to be done. They needed a new timeline by which to gauge the passage of their new history. Obviously, they surmised, the supernatural events mentioned in nearly every ancient text, were unscientific. Afterall, what ignorance to suppose that dragons were emperors or that people could be born in any fashion other than via the birth canal or that men/angels, could fly in the sky or travel amongst the stars! Perhaps the texts had been merely massaged for dramatic purpose, but were otherwise historical, they deliberated. It was merely a matter of determining which were the MOST reliable, if at all. They settled on Ancient Egypt, but removed from consideration any of the supernatural references.

This is where it really gets interesting. Since the other ancient texts were generally unreliable for dating the past, they assumed, out of the box, that anything that might suggest Moses was in Egypt, would need to be reinterpreted or simply ignored, because there was no other evidence of Moses having ever existed (a victim of the backdating from their original and incorrect "Ancient greeks couldn't write" theory). It got more and more specific and more twisted, as time went by.

For example, with the advent of "Black Pride", it became socially unacceptable to suggest the pharaohs of ancient egypt were anything other than blacks. Even though the pharaonic and royal statuary depicts people from many different races (including blacks) over the millenia, it is summarily ignored. This served 2 purposes:

1) It gave the black people a sense of identity in the hstory of the world, that they could be singularly proud of.
2) It ignored all references to the roots of Dynastic Egypt having come from Mesopotamia, which in essence, allowed them to ignore literally, hundreds of references in various ancient texts that had been discovered since the rise of this new view of history. Akkad, Sumer, Phoenicia, Troy, and so on, all their texts were or had been abandoned to float in the nothing that most of ancient history had already been hurled into.

Ancient Egypt was finally reinterpreted so that it did not disagree with their prior findings, most of which had been based on lack of data to the contrary and any new discoveries that suggest they might have beenwrong, have since been totally ignored.

This is, I believe, the second biggest conspiracy in the history of mankind.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join