It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology fined £545,000 in first conviction for fraud

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Scientology fined £545,000 in first conviction for fraud

www.independent.co.uk

Scientology has been convicted of fraud in France. The French court has branded Scientology as "organised fraud" and has been fined €600,000 (£545,000) for preying financially on vulnerable believers.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
They should do more than just a fine, but apparently you cannot ban Fraudulent organisations that's a bit dodgy.

Germany ruled out Scientology as a religious organization but hasn't put a ban on.

Russia has banned Scientology.

And other countries do not recognize Scientology as a religion.

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SKOR-TJ

Im pleased to see this. The French are great at sticking it to lunacy.
Scientology is in a hard place, they cant really prove they are a religion, as they say you can practice any religion and be a scientologist.
They cant really say they are a mental health organisation as they basically equate science around it such as psychiatry to the evils of Adolf Hitler.

What does that leave them as...a cult?
Hmmm.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

What does that leave them as...a cult?
Hmmm.

According to this recent article in their mag, they define their org as a religion. In this issue they try real hard to disprove that they are on the way out and crumbling.

Scientology—a World Religion
International Religious Recognitions
of the Church of Scientology

There is no question of Scientology’s legitimate status as one of the world religions. Scientology is fully developed, by definition of religion, in its theology, religious practice and organization. The breadth and scope of the religion include nearly 8,000 Churches of Scientology, Missions and related organizations with over 20,000 full-time staff in 164 countries, all unified by a common religious goal.

The article found at www.freedommag.org... goes on to document their standing in various countries.

----

It seems rather telling that many of these mega churches and mega cults are establishing their little NWO mecca places where the elites and their chosen slaves will live in the future. I guess everyone else will be out in the cold.

Too see the grand palaces of the "Advanced Organizations" (AO=Ancient Orders?) click on the link in the quote text.

here is what will soon complete Scientology’s global staircase to eternity.

Kyalami Castle, sitting between Johannesburg and Pretoria on old Zulu lands know as the Place in Heaven, will be home to the new Advanced Organization in Africa.

www.freedommag.org...

One thing I find curious is that all of their new buildings are dedicated with a huge rose motif. Isn't there another organization that uses the rose symbol? Perhaps they are tied into that group as well.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
its about time. unfortunately the fine will most likely come directly from the pockets of members (or the pockets of the families of members)

i wish more countries would do similar things

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

The go "religion" as they get tax free status in their main source of income countries......they don't have to declare income.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Oh gawd, that made my day. Anyways, I hope they all get banned, sued, and imprisoned, the cultist leaders anyways. They're a sad excuse for a religion, do they put food on peoples plates that don't have food? No. Christians do. (Not saying that Christians are all great and mighty, but they definitely have the right idea for the most part.)

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
France doesn't want to ban them because it will draw them underground. If they are underground they won't be able to be kept an eye on by the authorities and the french government.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Paul Haggis (Crash, Million Dollar Baby etc) has recently dumped Scientology for their stance on gay marriage.

Hopefully this will turn into a trend and its members will begin to realize that Scientology is a fraud.

This is welcome news.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This is great news! Ron must be turning is his... ummm... Volcano!

IRM

[edit on 28/10/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Religion usually has a God in it somewhere.
I'm not checking the net and wiki but just my opinion.

The life force just works on some that have not been updated in science.
And they took all of Stan Marsh's money.

However back in the days devoted family attendance one would need
to pay for seating or a family bench or pew.
So I heard as some such arrangement did exist.
I see how others would use the seating if the owner family were not
in attendance.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The part about this fine that makes me laugh my arse off.... is that it's a one time fine... about $900,000 USD.

Meanwhile, New Jersey taxpayers are sending almost $1 million a month to a partnership run by Goldman Sachs Group Inc. for protection against rising interest costs on bonds that the state redeemed more than a year ago.

www.bloomberg.com...

Get that? They already cashed the bonds in... and they are still paying to cap the interest rate on the no longer existent bonds.

And no, Scientology isn't connected... but the two amounts are about the same. Scientology whines about a one time fine, and Jersey keeps electing the same idiots.

ALL HAIL XENU!!!

[edit on 28-10-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
reply to post by Alethea

The go "religion" as they get tax free status in their main source of income countries......they don't have to declare income.

That would make me jump up an down on any couch.
The elite support the ET scenario and will not go against their official edict.
A Scientology main belief is Alien existence and thus given and tax free work
card in America, home of Alien technology which is actually citizen technology.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
They should have fined them even more. America should find something to fine them for, maybe we can pay off some of that US debt.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
How is Scientology any less of a religion than any other?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Interesting but i don't think this will stop them much. On another note, who blew the margins? Haven't seen that since my days hanging out on the daily rotten boards.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Looking for more comments?

In Breaking Alternative News

Scientology fined £545,000 in first conviction for fraud (posted on 28-10-2009 @ 08:01 PM)

Conspiracy in Religion

French Branch of Scientology Convicted of Fraud (posted on 28-10-2009 @ 12:45 PM)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012

They're a sad excuse for a religion, do they put food on peoples plates that don't have food? No. Christians do. (Not saying that Christians are all great and mighty, but they definitely have the right idea for the most part.)

Christian charity is always laced with judgement. And to be on the receiving end of that charity, you usually have to listen to some preaching spiel about how you are down and out because of your 'sins'. As though losing your home is some justified punishment from their god.

Put food on peoples plates? That's not so hard. The poor only need to eat one day a year. The xtians always placate the poor on Turkey Day.

Most preachers/priests are more concerned with putting food on their own tables. In Old Testament times, the priests had secret underground tunnels leading into the Temple. After they had braziered the sacrificial offering, they and their families would sneak back to the temple at night and eat the "offerings". Of course, the stupid followers thought "god' had consumed it.

I don't think there is much difference between Scientology and any other group calling itself a religion. All of these groups promote a false superiority among their members. All of them are fleecing the flocks.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Scientology could probably pay the fine easily without a problem they should have been fined more.

France doesn't want to ban them because it will draw them underground. If they are underground they won't be able to be kept an eye on by the authorities and the french government.

Your absolutely right.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This is terrible news and means two things:

* Those who sign up for Scientology are not responsible for their own decisions/actions.

* Believers of various Religions can be sued for "Fraud" if they believe something not accepted by the mainstream.

* Scientologists can now act like a martyrs.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Skyfloating]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join