It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would the idea of a gay man frighten other males so much?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Most of the replys from us straight guys say the same thing: we are not afraid of gay men, and don't have a huge problem with it. The small percent who are totally grossed out by it and have a big problem with it are just a symptom of general intolerance that will happen with ANY alternative lifestyle.
So it's not just gay people catching flack. It's also single moms, it's people who smoke marijuana, people who go to swinger parties, peoplewho hold certain religious views, etc.
So I hate to burst your bubble, but not that many folks really care what the heck you do! There will always be a small percent who do, but it's the same for everyone.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Could it be that he was making his voice deeper to be more macho to prove his straightness in the way that you said you dont?

I suppose its possible and it was just a coincidence that he happened to be gay and have a high pitched voice but I still think the majority of gay men speak that way.

The way I'm seeing it is that we have gay men and then theres also "camp" gay men i.e. limp wrist, high pitched voice.

I really just don't see the need to be like that, if your gay then fine your gay but I still believe that these camp traits are put on.

I have heard of pavlov and classical conditioning but I dont see how that applies in this situation...

What do you put in a toaster? Toast? Nope, you put bread in a toaster.

What do cows drink? Milk? Nope, cows drink water.

You see my point? I don't need to know a man is gay by him putting on a high pitched voice or floating around like a fairy and I also don't seem why he would need to act that way.

We can argue all day whether or not you think its a personal issue but I assure I don't have anything against gays - I just don't need it rubbing in my face.

but that doesnt work because all gay men do not act/sound that way

So why do some do and some don't? Why do some act camp and others put not? Surely that means it controllable???

I mean if you cant handle a tone of voice and some non-suggestive body language you would be in bad shape if you saw two men holding hands.

To be honest with you I would find it slightly off-putting but that put on voice and flamboyance is more annoying.

you have some personal unresolved issue

Your keen to make out that I have a personal issues when I keep reassuring you that I do not. Gay men themselves have participated in this thread and said they find camp men annoying and they don't see why they act that way.

As I have said before the majority of gay people I have met all speak that way.

If its not biological (which it isn't because not all gay men do it) and it isnt put on or controllable then its a massive coincidence in my opinion.

What I meant was there is no such thing as a child acting like a boy/girl or an adult acting like a man/woman because most of these ideas are socialized into us and lead to all types of oppression.

Okay I took your comment literally, let me explain something a man should act like a man because thats what he is!

It's an expression of one-self! Men will typically deviate towards manly things the scientific reason for this is men have more Testosterone in their bodies than women.

You speak almost if you have a desire to unify both gender into one. Believe me that would not work, there has to be a distinction.

This distinction exists and although may be shaped by nurture and social factors its always been there in the first place via biology!

I personally dont have a problem with campy men.

Each to their own.

I would hope that you move outside your comfort zone, go talk to some campy men.

I'm sorry but I can't stand them.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The funny thing is, you know i am always talking about mind control, and how i have been monitored for 17 years now.

Last night, for no reason after reading this thread. Guess what i was dreaming about, out of the blue, and for no reason, as i have no interest in females.

Last night, and i hardly ever remember my dreams, i started dreaming about talking to females, and going with them.

So after writing this thread, and the fact that i hardly ever remember my dreams, and i have to live with mind control. Suddenly by coincidence, i started dreaming about females.

I say to those who are doing this to my life, up yours. I do not fancy females, and thats the way i am, whether you like ti or not. I am glad, i have no interest in lumps, or wet holes. Plus for the bloke who wrote that many females, like it in the arse. Do you not think i know that? lol

Females for me are ok to talk too and thats all, i have never wanted to go any further, and for you people doing this to my life, up yours, your not going to get me to go with any females, lol. I am happy with the way i am.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Im pretty sure they were straight, they did not sleep with men if thats what you are asking. You are coming at the campy side of this a little hard. Assuming they all flirt with straight men, etc. How about you throw the word some in front of that and maybe a from my experience. And you are right no one should have to be harassed but I think its funny that it is only a problem when it happens to the population in the majority in this case, straight males. So I stick by my statement, deal with it.
@ the lesbian response.

Nah, I'm using my personal experience as a basis - I'm not generalising as I've stated before. I can only go by what I know. As do others.

I've never sexually harassed a women in the workplace or in a pub. I know guys who have and I find them ultimately offensive also.

Fair call however, some would be a more fitting use in a separate post from the one where I mentioned it was my personal experience - just didn't think about it at the time.

But no, I won't deal with accepting it, I'll deal with making it a point to disapprove of harassment of any gender under any circumstance based on sexual orientation.
-- Which I have never done for the record, but personal feelings have often been betrayed by my employed behavior.

But think about it, when you see a openly gay person in the media, be it a fashion critic, a gossip columnist, or a general sideline in a entertainment style show, they all have the same characteristics. There is an obvious quality they identify with.

How can gay people expect to be treated with the same nonchalance that the average person is given, since an overwhelming majority of publically out people act and react the same?

Now you may say that certain straight media types are the same, in some areas they are funky, or in another they are strange. etc and compare that to my statement.

BUT there is not one area of the media where there is a distinct trend in openly funky or strange people. Well, perhaps the music industry - but sexually ambiguous funny haired music show hosts probably fit into the same category somehow.

My point is, look at the openly gay public personalities. They are as if carbon copies. An openly gay fashion critic would not be able to host his own show, if he acted like Russel Crow. "You look beaut in the nuddy, sheila." Doesn't have the same ring to it.

In that lies the problem for people like the OP. When everyone is tired of the campy flamboyant ninny with his chardonnay fashionista opinions, and someone ordinary pops up saying "Ewww vaginas!!!" what is to be expected from the average human animal? We're talking about a race of animals that still have the capacity to pack rape vulnerable innocents.

If everyone had the same experiences in life, we'd all be better off but a lot more boring..

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Well the reason i say its something personal is that you automatically equate campy with something sexual. Obviously mentally we differ in that we see things differently. Where if I had a problem with the way someone acted I would ask myself why and go from there. You are not interested in examining why you feel the way you do or changing it.

I am not trying to unify gender. There is a difference between gender and gender roles. Gender roles are placed on us, we are usually born into a gender but even that sometimes gets mucked up. What I mean by a gender role is telling a little girl she should wear a dress because shes a little girl and little girls are (insert adjectives). Or telling a little boy that he shouldnt cry because boys (insert adjectives)

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Uhhh, do yo watch Dexter?

You don't want to buy a hammer do you?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I'm getting a little worried with all your mentioning of mind control. Can I ask who you think is controlling your mind, how and why they are doing it?

Suddenly by coincidence, i started dreaming about females.

It's not coincidence its actually very normal to dream about a topic or subject that has been present in ones mind and since you wrote a thread that discusses gays not liking female anatomy then I don't find this strange at all.

i have no interest in lumps, or wet holes.

Pretty sure lumps and wet holes apply to both genders from a sexual point of view.

Females for me are ok to talk too and thats all,

Females are ok for you to talk too? Is that it?

Have you never had a female friend? You know someone who was a little something more than just "someone to talk too"

I understand your probably meaning it from a sexual point of view but still it comes accross negatively.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The only problem I have with some homosexuals is the way they want to go on and on and on and on and on about the fact they are gay.

Why? Why make such a big deal about it? Most of us really do not care! But we'd rather you kept what you do in private, private - rather than constantly wanting to broadcast it to the world.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
From a woman’s point of view I don't think men generally have a problem with gays because they don't like female body parts or that they think this gay person will make a move on them or even that they have deep rooted gay tendencies they are trying to hide.

I think it more has to do with the fact that you see a lot of camp guys these days and straight guys are better equipped to handle the macho gays that you can't tell off straight away rather than the mincing kind that rub it in your face ... basically the fact that a lot of gay people think that being gay is what makes them who they are and want to share this fact with the entire world ... if they just act like normal people who’s sexuality isn't what makes them but is just a small part of them then I don't think questions like these would be raised.

But like the good book says “Adam was made for eve, he was not made for Steve"

link   
I cannot speak for everyone but something that does grate on my nerves are people who act like this....

I know that not all homosexual males act like this but I have met a quite a lot of people who are like a copy of this type of behavior, I find it disturbing and insulting at the level of judgement they inflict on others while they condemn anyone who questions what they say with the term "homophobic".

In my opinion if anyone is gay that is for them to choose but using your sexuality as a shield against other people condemning something you say or do is wrong.

This is just my opinion and I have this opinion after experiencing a work colleague who I have known for quite some time, telling everyone in the office he is gay which was fine with me and everyone.
Almost instantaneously however, the man developed a lisp in his speech, bends his arms in strange ways, walks with an invisible handbag, speaks like prince when he spoke with a completely different voice before among other things. I simply asked why he was acting like this just because I felt the need to understand and was met with the response, "if your a homophobe then thats your problem, talk to the hand bitch"

Maybe a better way of putting what I am trying to say without making it sound over complicated is...

Sexuality and personality are two seperate things, it should stay that way. All to often people think they need to act with exceptional flamboyance just because they are gay, if your gay, fine but dont change your personality to comply with the tv's potrayal of a gay person.

Just my opinion and I am sure some might agree or disagree, it is on the topic however and it is something that does need to be discussed at times.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

I'm getting a little worried with all your mentioning of mind control. Can I ask who you think is controlling your mind, how and why they are doing it?

Do not worry about me, i have been monitored for 17 years now. My family and everyone who knows me knows i cannot do or think anything in private. You do not need to worry about me one bit, because its a fact. I live in london uk, and i can talk to my doctors about it, and they just shrugg there shoulders, saying what can we do, lol.

SO do not worry about it, its a fact, whether you want to believe it or not.

People i went to school with knew, it was happening to me in 1992, and its still going on today, i can openly talk about it. The people who try to deny it, are the ones who are not anywhere near reality.

I just found it funny coincidence that i started dreaming that last night after writing this post. I did this post as on another forum, all you get is gays are disgusting and gays are that.

Stick to the topic, the mind control thing is absolutely real. Its just a fact of my life, and i do not care if you do not know about that stuff, as i will say it anyway. These scum did thsi to me all this time, and why should i keep quiet about it, when all the people who know me knows its going on. DO you understand what that means, it means its real, lol.

This is about why straights do not like gays, not about whether you cannot accept mind control is real, lol.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Touche on the harassment point. However, there are many respectable or non campy gay men in media. There is Sir Ian McKellen who is a successful actor. There is Anderson Cooper who is a successful broadcast journalist. There is Neil Patrick Harris another successful actor. Not to give a gay history lesson or anything but there are a lot.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Well the reason i say its something personal is that you automatically equate campy with something sexual

We are talking about the camp behaivour exhibited by homosexual men, of course in this instance its going to be associated with sexuality!

Where if I had a problem with the way someone acted I would ask myself why and go from there. You are not interested in examining why you feel the way you do or changing it.

I don't want to change the way I feel about it thank you very much, I don't like it and I don't see why people need to express themselves in that way just because they are homosexual.

I wouldn't mind if all homosexual males acted that because of a biological reason but so far you have failed to find one.

I've even gone as far to admit that certain males maybe more feminine than others but you still cannot prove to me that this camp behaivour isn't controllable.

What I mean by a gender role is telling a little girl she should wear a dress because shes a little girl and little girls are (insert adjectives). Or telling a little boy that he shouldnt cry because boys (insert adjectives)

The vast majority of the time a little boy will want to be more adventurous, play a shooting/driving game or climb trees than a little girl would.

As I said previously this is controlled by our bodys hormone levels and its what seperates males from females.

I do agree however that its wrong to tell a little boy not to cry because
"boys shouldn't"

I do not see a problem with a little girl wearing a dress as thats an item of female clothing, obviously you wouldn't make her wear the dress but naturally she will be attracted to the femine clothes.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Almost instantaneously however, the man developed a lisp in his speech, bends his arms in strange ways, walks with an invisible handbag, speaks like prince when he spoke with a completely different voice before among other things. I simply asked why he was acting like this just because I felt the need to understand and was met with the response, "if your a homophobe then thats your problem, talk to the hand bitch

Exactly!

I'm glad someone has experienced this aswell!

There is no need for all that and I really don't see why people do it.

Starred your post.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Could you please provide scientific proof for the following:
Boys are more adventurous than girls.
Girls would like attire made for little girls more.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
LOL! I see gay people all the time here in Iraq. These iraqi guys hold hands in public and kiss each other. I ask a terp why they prefer men and they tell me that women are for babies but men are for pleasure.

In alot of eastern Countries, including Africa, men hold hands with other men and walk in embrace. It is a sign of friendship, its another one of their societal traits. Im not saying there arent gay men in Iraq, im just saying foreign customs and norms that seem strange to us doesnt mean they are Gay men.
I for one have the same question as the original author, its one of those parts of life i just cant understand the people against homo-sexuals. Marriage debate can take place for years, but to hate a person because they engage in someting that literally has no affect what so ever on your own life just doesnt make any sense to me.
It would be like if i hated with every fiber of my being a fishermen in Texas, has absolutly nothing to do with my life and unless i go to texas and start trying to fish what do i care what some texas fishermen is doing?
A great movie on the subject is called "Outrage" its a documentary about how pretty much all of capital hill is run by homosexuals. It is incredibly well down, available on TMN for me i dont know what American movie channels are called sorry!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Do not worry about me, i have been monitored for 17 years now. My family and everyone who knows me knows i cannot do or think anything in private. You do not need to worry about me one bit, because its a fact. I live in london uk, and i can talk to my doctors about it, and they just shrugg there shoulders, saying what can we do, lol.

SO do not worry about it, its a fact, whether you want to believe it or not.

People i went to school with knew, it was happening to me in 1992, and its still going on today, i can openly talk about it. The people who try to deny it, are the ones who are not anywhere near reality.

I just found it funny coincidence that i started dreaming that last night after writing this post. I did this post as on another forum, all you get is gays are disgusting and gays are that.

Stick to the topic, the mind control thing is absolutely real. Its just a fact of my life, and i do not care if you do not know about that stuff, as i will say it anyway. These scum did thsi to me all this time, and why should i keep quiet about it, when all the people who know me knows its going on. DO you understand what that means, it means its real, lol.

This is about why straights do not like gays, not about whether you cannot accept mind control is real, lol.

Okay you sound like you have some type of mental illness but just for your reference it was you who started talking about the mind control not me.

I was simply responding to your post, now I'll get back on topic.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

Could you please provide scientific proof for the following:
Boys are more adventurous than girls.
Girls would like attire made for little girls more.

Yes if you want, I can find something about how the hormone levels in our bodies and the nature vs nuture argument shape our genders and what we are interested.

But you are distracting from the original topic and your argument.

Can I just point out what XXXN30 posted above:

Almost instantaneously however, the man developed a lisp in his speech, bends his arms in strange ways, walks with an invisible handbag, speaks like prince when he spoke with a completely different voice before among other things. I simply asked why he was acting like this just because I felt the need to understand and was met with the response, "if your a homophobe then thats your problem, talk to the hand bitch

I thought you said this behaviour wasn't controllable?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I think that gays scare/bother hetro. males so much because, it is very strange to a hetro. male knowing how GREAT MM MM MM it feels to be inside a sexy woman to see another male not like the same thing naturally. Which sparks all types of wierd thoughts like wtf is really wrong wit them that they dont like what we like. Me I dont care too much for peoples personal sex bussiness, but in nature if you placed all the gays on two planets 1 for the lesbian and 1 for the gays and visited these planets in approx. 200 yrs they will be a civilization that can only survive with some serious help from TECHNOLOGY if they even made it that long. BASICALLY LEADING THEM astray FROM THE PATH OF LIVING AND BEING FRUITFUL (MAKING BABIES) SO THE MESSIAH CAN BE REBREAD AGAIN AND AGAIN WHEN DESPERATE TIMES CALL FOR HIS PRESENCE.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Shall i say this slowly for you, i am not on tablets, i have known that i stunbled across the fact they use electronic mind control in schools in 1992. Do you understand if i say it slowly.

Everyone who knows me, knows i cannot do anything in private, not anything. I have been monitored with this stuff for at least 17 years now. Do you understand me, this is fact not part of your these things do not exist in our world rubbish.

If you choose not to understand that this is real, thats your problem, but everyone knew about this was being done to me at school, and that for the rest of my life since, i could not take a dump in peace without people knowing about it.

Man some of you have no clue about what really goes on in this world, lol.

Did i say that slowly enough for you?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join