It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eating Animals is Making us Sick

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas

How do you explain where food resources come from when meat eaters only eat meat? Do you think they just somehow manage to find colonies of meaty animals to eat that just appear out of thin air? Oh, they eat other meat eaters... who eat other meat eaters... and then where does that end?

Like, meat eaters eventually eat meat of an animal that is not a meat eater. Do they eat animals that is vegatarian/vegan/herbivore?

How does this even remotely address the issue of the topic at hand?: Eating Animals is Making us Sick.

Eating only meat is not the answer.

-Dev

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rawhemp

So should i beileve the blind statistical studies or the guy who has operated on over 300,000 colons... By the way could you link to this meta-analyses again

I'm not trying to get you to believe in any study. My point was to simply point out that you're "blindly" following the advice of a man whom you claim doesn't understand nutrition, and I agree, and yet you'll dismiss the findings of multiple observational studies that suggest otherwise. I just don't understand the logic here.

It's quite obvious the man has a very basic understanding of nutrition. Eating grains as much as he suggests is unhealthy and intolerable for a large majority of people(coeliacs diseases, gluten intolerance).

Meta-analysis of animal fat or animal protein intake and colorectal cancer

Just to be clear, meta-analysis have the tendency, often times, to be bias if a certain conclusion is already being persued upon analyzing the data. However, this is the case with any observational study. I'm not advocating the findings of this as be all, end all but I also don't think it should be dismissed either.

Fruit should never be restricted and I've never seen any health professional ever say otherwise, except for a couple retarded vegans who think fruit=hybridized sugar

Hybridized sugar?

There are certain instances when restricting fruit intake would be benefitial. Of course, these are special circumstances. Those of whom are insulin resistant would benefit from replacing fruits with water-dense, fibrous vegetables, such as broccoli. And, I've often recommended to some clients of mine, of whom just can't seem to lose that little bit of extra fat covering their abs, to reduce fructose consumption(fruits) for a bit. Often times, it works.

That said, I typically recommend generous consumption of fruits and fibrous, water-dense vegetables(except iceburg lettuce, that stuff is pointless) and allow for any fruit and vegetable after a metbolically demanding workout.

-Dev

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd

That said, I typically recommend generous consumption of fruits and fibrous, water-dense vegetables(except iceburg lettuce, that stuff is pointless) and allow for any fruit and vegetable after a metbolically demanding workout.

-Dev

Agreed. I might not agree with everything you say but at least you don't make outrageous assumptions based on nothing
. Gotta give you props for that!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

How does this even remotely address the issue of the topic at hand?: Eating Animals is Making us Sick.

Eating only meat is not the answer.

-Dev

As I pointed out earlier, the note I made about precursorial food elements.

All the elements that compose meat are already available in vegetation.

People get sick when they don't assimulate enough precursorial food elements and when they consistently eat higher compounds, like animals proteins, that don't provide the dynamics of functionality as human protein does.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Feeling's mutual.

Throughout this thread, both vegans and omnivores have come in here with the same response.....

That's ridiculous....You're an idiot, it's a scientific, proven fact that humans are (insert preferred diet) and that eating an all (insert food type) diet will kill you. It's an irrefutable fact.

To that, my only response is.....

Truth is, when it comes to nutrition/health, everyone is a self appointed expert. Their own anecdotes provide them with inconclusive proof and they stop at nothing to inform others of their fallacies compared to their own Righteous Remedies.

It's a never ending battle.

-Dev

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

I've neither seen clinical nor observational evidence of your claims. They seem downright fabricated.

Can you describe the physiological/biochemical responses that explain your reasoning?

-Dev

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I've neither seen clinical nor observational evidence of your claims. They seem downright fabricated.

You just denied all human and animals that exist on non-carnivorous diets.

Proteins aren't just made out of thin air. The mainstream argument that carnivorous body-builders have against vegetarian diets is that they say there is no source of protein in anything else but meat. That would be like to claim it is impossible for their to be vegetarian body-builders. We know it is possible. The human body can make/synthesize its own protein and not need any animal protein.

Vegetarians are able to give birth to babies. Where do you think all the proteins that make up a new body for the baby come from? Vegetarians don't just drop their diet and suddenly eat animals in order to go through the childbirth/gestation process.

And you say "fabricated?" I rather deny that ignorance.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Proteins aren't just made out of thin air. The mainstream argument that carnivorous body-builders have against vegetarian diets is that they say there is no source of protein in anything else but meat. That would be like to claim it is impossible for their to be vegetarian body-builders. We know it is possible.

I see. I misunderstood.

I don't know why you're arguing this point. I don't disagree with you that animal sources are not needed to prevent amino acid deficiencies. In fact, I know of a few vegetarian bodybuilders, and a few bodybuilders who experimented with vegetarian diets for a few weeks and got great results.

The human body can make/synthesize its own protein and not need any animal protein.

Yes and no. The body doesn't need animal protein; however, much like essential fatty acids, essential amino acids are those that can NOT be synthesized by the body.

Vegetarians are able to give birth to babies. Where do you think all the proteins that make up a new body for the baby come from? Vegetarians don't just drop their diet and suddenly eat animals in order to go through the childbirth/gestation process.

Thank you for the lesson. I'm very well aware. I still don't understand why you're arguing this.

I obviously misunderstood your description. Sorry for the accusation.

You posted this: www.abovetopsecret.com... and I have no idea why. I mentioned meat eating groups of people that are healthy, and you say that meat will be scarce if we eat it all? Then you start arguing with me about protein synthesis and....

Eating animals is making us sick. That's the topic.

-Dev

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I still don't understand why you're arguing this.

I obviously misunderstood your description. Sorry for the accusation.

[...]

Eating animals is making us sick. That's the topic.

I only attempted to be helpful in a similar theme to the topic for those questions that stray into the reasons why, even if those reasons seem not so much on the exact same topic yet are still core to the topic to explain why "eating animals is making us sick."

*zips lips*

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Okey dokey. You just had me confused, is all.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Nonsense!!! Your claims have been destroyed through countless posts on this thread - some of them my own! ALL PRIMATES, including humans, require animal protein in varying amounts - PERIOD! This is a fact and there is no escaping this fact. You can use all of the fancy non-sense words you want; "Precursorial" etc...
But it doesn't change the very simple fact that vegans MUST take supplements to counter-act the effects of not eating animal protein. Anything beyond your acknowledgement of that FACT are pure, unadulterated nonsense!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rawhemp

Originally posted by spinalremain
Meat is so unhealthy. I'd much rather live on lettuce like a rabbit and have pale skin and dizzy spells.

Pale skin and dizziness would be a symptom of under eating, Low fat high fruit vegans are the most vibrant people you will ever meet. You wanna see people with pale skin, acne, big fatasses and body odor you can smell 5 feet away go check out a Mcdonalds drive thru

HAHAHAHA! Very true indeed.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Your claims have been destroyed through countless posts on this thread - some of them my own!

Consider your post here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your battle is no different when compared to the Israel/Palestine war. You made it religious.

You have denied the possibility that humans are able to produce their own human proteins based on vegetation alone. You have not shown any facts that other than a narcissistic attitude to ignore percursorial food elements that constitute the body.

There are two ways to build a skyscraper on a certain location in downtown: (1) you build the skyscraper with the resources needed block by block and beam by beam, or (2) you steal a skyscraper from another downtown district and make it your own. The result is the same.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I am indeed a beef lover. I love to have prime rib about once a month. Oh man it's pure bliss to have a nice rare cut of rib roast. I'm sure most meat eaters would agree.

The thing is, if eaten sparingly and enjoyed every so often, the body has no problem at all breaking it down and processing it. Mine doesn't seem to anyway.

I'm also pretty sure we can all agree that eating prime rib is quite different than eating McDonalds! I myself won't eat that stuff. It does make me feel sick after 3 bites. I will however eat Taco Bell about 1nce every 3 months or so just because it tastes good to me.

I find that if I have been eating too much meat or not enough ruffage that my body has a weird way of letting me know what I need at that moment. I actually crave salad and healthier foods when I should have them. I'm not sure if everyone experiences this, but I kinda find it fascinating that I actually crave what I need. (And basically this is the only time that I will ever be in the mood for salad because I find it boring). I think if you listen to your body that it will pretty much always tell you what it needs. What do you guys think?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

There are two ways to build a skyscraper on a certain location in downtown: (1) you build the skyscraper with the resources needed block by block and beam by beam, or (2) you steal a skyscraper from another downtown district and make it your own. The result is the same.

To be more specific, and technically correct, you can steal a skyscraper, take it apart and use the pieces to construct your own skyscraper.

This is how the body uses dietary protein. Enzymes break protein down into peptides in the stomach and those peptides are then used to make other proteins.

-Dev

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Your claims have been destroyed through countless posts on this thread - some of them my own!

Consider your post here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your battle is no different when compared to the Israel/Palestine war. You made it religious.

You have denied the possibility that humans are able to produce their own human proteins based on vegetation alone. You have not shown any facts that other than a narcissistic attitude to ignore percursorial food elements that constitute the body.

You go ahead and believe that - if you want. I'd love to watch you build a skyscraper with iron ore, carbon, magnesium and vanadium!!! Not only would it be an ugly building, it would collapse almost instantly!

Come to think of it, I would love to see you breath single atoms of Oxygen or drink 2 single atoms of hydrogen and 1 single atom of Oxygen separately. Your premise dies right on the spot - OH, and so would you!

The point I'm trying to make is all of this nonsense regarding "Precursorial" elements is pure BS! There are things your body needs that can only be created WITHIN the body of another animal. Humans are not capable of simply assembling nutrients because we ate the "Precursorial elements".

Hey, look, I give you a hell of a lot of credit for trying though. Stick with your beliefs and you'll likely fall victim to them.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
we can go back and forth all day as to whether or not meat is good or bad for us, making us healthy or sick.
but please stop saying people need it. if people needed it i would have died years ago.
you want it, you may like it, you may think its healthy, but you sure dont need it.
you need water, you need air, you need food.
but you do not need meat, its a choice.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Nonsense!!! Your claims have been destroyed through countless posts on this thread - some of them my own! ALL PRIMATES, including humans, require animal protein in varying amounts - PERIOD! This is a fact and there is no escaping this fact. You can use all of the fancy non-sense words you want; "Precursorial" etc...
But it doesn't change the very simple fact that vegans MUST take supplements to counter-act the effects of not eating animal protein. Anything beyond your acknowledgement of that FACT are pure, unadulterated nonsense!

so by your logic i cant possibly exist?
i dont take in animal products, nor do i eat suppliments.
ive been the same way for years, so many in fact ive lost count.
what exactly is supposed to happen to me ?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Come to think of it, I would love to see you breath single atoms of Oxygen or drink 2 single atoms of hydrogen and 1 single atom of Oxygen separately. Your premise dies right on the spot - OH, and so would you!

Look more like you tried to make nonsense out of something I never said. In other words, you been caught in an attempt to build a scarecrow.

The point I'm trying to make is all of this nonsense regarding "Precursorial" elements is pure BS! There are things your body needs that can only be created WITHIN the body of another animal. Humans are not capable of simply assembling nutrients because we ate the "Precursorial elements".

By the example of the quote above, I seriously think it would be a wise idea for universities to not allow a single doctor or scientist to graduate until they pass a course in nutrition in which by they are to spend at least 4 years on a diet of absolutely no meat products in anyway. I think that would solve a lot of NPD and destructive dopamine-problems (i.e. Parkinsons).

Edit:...

futurity.org...
"...a novel protein—known as protein kinase-C—destroys dopamine-producing cells."
"Major contributing factors for getting Parkinson’s disease include prolonged exposure to metals or pesticides and other environmental chemicals, according to Kanthasamy."

More evidence to support organic foods to prevent sickness from unhealthy farms/diets.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by dzonatas]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

when humans believe they can live on animal flesh, the flesh in which humans live will be misunderstood; as we can only experience energies of life once our own energies resonate with natural compassion for all life!

LOVE

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join