It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who cares when the World is going to end!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I have recently come to the realisation that it is just plain idiotic to worry about the

world ending, my guess is that we won’t be able to stop it or survive it (it wouldn't be called the end of the world if we could) anyways, so why worry??

What is it that it intrigues us so much that we have to create thread after

thread and post after post... quoting this one and that one etc???

Isn't it driving everyone nuts?? I mean so what if Nostradamus said 2012... he also said

2001,02,03,04 and list just go on for eternity. (not really but you get the point)

Another thing is that even if that person (who ever predicted the event) is right, who

is going to know that he is right and spead the word without being labelled as

CRAZY?!?

I used to try and figure it out and listen to different visions but recently it really has

started feeling like a serious waste of time.

What are your views on this? Do you think all these "visions" are really going to help

us when the day comes?

Peace

halfman

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Yep thats true, i do not either. But i think we all live in our own world, so the metaphor there is your life, is what you really are worried about, isn't it.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by halfmanhalfamazing

I have more to think about than 'the end of the world'.... such as Islamic Fundamentalists and Radicals trying to take over the world!!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I myself was paranoid for a while ( thanks ATS) about the world ending, being a Pagan, having near OOBE's and realising the same of you, who cares about the end of the world , if it happens it happens, we can't stop it.

I have come to consider my actions, to myself AND others and thought that if I lead a good life, trying to help others at least I can die with a clear conscience, happy in the knowledge I did my best for Humanity , and also knowing and laughing at those who seek to control the lives of others either through threat of force, religeon or money and I had the thought that they try to have all that , and yet they CANNOT take it with them when they die, so it is all for naught , a wasted exercise for them, they chase the Dollar, try to tell people what they believe and force them to accept their beliefs as truth, yet I simply want to live my life , to experience all I can before I die either through th end of the world, an acident or old age.

I will have a full life and they will not, they will die hungry for love , sure they'll have attention but not respect or adoration, only jealousy , anger and greed. I laugh at the end of the world in whatever its form at the thought of mankind striving to fly but to busy arguing amongst itself to actually go anywhere. I will feel sorry for Mother Earth though, she has been through so much from us and I apologise to her for that.
But I wil not fear death , I look forward to it, it is after all a new beginning.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Everything I've ever said on ATS is right. Yes I'm right. When I posted about the royal bloodlines on another thread during the summer it was blocked. Maitreya is REALLY coming, the End Times ARE on the horizon. There IS a star in the sky that is really a fallen angel ship masquerading as a star heralding the Anti-Christ. 2012 was even said to be the year the "Mahdi" will show himself by that blond Fox News lady on Fox and Friends. DEC 21 2012. Don't watch television or listen to radio that day. Very weird happenings and the Anti-Christ's target for the "Day of Declaration." If I'm correct his name is Rahmat Ahmad Apostikane and his genetic makeup isn't so human after all.

ET Disclosure (evil angels posing as good)

World Government.

New World Order.

Anti-Christ.

Sounds about right. It's like a puzzle.

[edit on 10/28/2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

What is it that it intrigues us so much

The chance to change our lives. The chance to actually feel less like the insignificant specks of dust we are in the universe.

Most people just want the chance to end the endless cycle of work, consume, work,consume, DIE. They want meaning. They want the same answers that the human species has had since we have evolved into consciousness. WHY AM I HERE? WHAT IS MY PURPOSE?

For good example see post above.

Some people just need to feel special, like an insider. Like their meaningless lives have meaning. Some fill that need with religion. Some with TEOTWAWKI.

The truth is we don't matter - and that's a hard pill to swallow.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

Yep like i said above we all live in our own worlds, and its just a metaphor for our own lifes.

Most people cannot analyze dreams, or feelings anyway, thats why they get into this.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I don't want the world to end, I want it to change. This world has gone straight downhill, so I'm waiting for the day when a major positive change happens, and people start living their lives for the better.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
we are lucky to be able to experience this beautiful world as human beings, therefore im gonna do my best to survive if the world ends.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing

started feeling like a serious waste of time.

What are your views on this? Do you think all these "visions" are really going to help

How can it be MORE of a waste of time than creating a thread asking people if they think its a waste of time.

Most people aren't obsessed they just like reading about it. Would also like to know if its going to happen so i can do some last minute things like punch my boss.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
First, I've had enough "close calls" to know that if you're meant to go you're going to go, but if you aren't ready then you'll be here and this is just me personally, I like BEING. At the same time, I don't fear death, thats like fearing life. If you're afraid of death how can you ever live? I just take it day by day moment by moment. If you ask me safety is one of mankinds worst inventions, because it gives the sensation that there are things to fear in this life. As far as 2012 I can only hope that this fear of death thats going along with it makes us all realize that when something happens on 2012, but its not the end of the world maybe, just maybe we'll stop being scared of everyone and everything and start living a little bit...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentofchaos
If you're afraid of death how can you ever live?

What a ridiculous statement.

Some people live BECAUSE they are afraid of death. Fearing that any day could be your last makes you relish your family and friends more. The thought that you might not wake up the next day is surely something you should fear. There is also the link between death and pain which may make you fear death.

Wait till someone you love is close to death and see if your afraid. Ask an 8 yr old kid whose parents have died if he was afraid. What about torture victims being slowly and painfully killed.

But of course its not cool to come on here and admit it, which is why you said that you don't fear death. Maybe if i shove a gun down your throat we would find out.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm fascinated with it but not emotionally invested in it.

But I'm never looking for doom. Things do not end, they just recycle. That's what I'm looking forward to as a possibility - the beginning of a new cycle. There is enough lore, anecdotal, and circumstantial evidence to make me think its worth keeping tabs on.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing

All of these visions are visions of what could happen. In a Multiverse, anything is possible. It's just depends in which "parking lot" you are in.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FAQAmerica

Man you don't know my life simple as that. I've lost loved ones. My dad is blind and could easily pass at anytime, but he makes it day in and day out. All I'm saying is if we spend all our time worrying about when or how we'll die, we'll be spending less time thinking on things that matter. What you are saying with the torture thing? I should be afraid of being tortured at any moment and live my life in fear of being tortured, even jesus knew he was going to be tortured and went to be tortured not fearing death. Not saying I'm jesus, but again you don't know what I've been through; hence why i said after many "close calls"...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
You have NO idea what a man who lived over 2000 years ago was feeling.

Don't make ridiculous statements.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

How can it be MORE of a waste of time than creating a thread asking people if they think its a waste of time.

Creating this thread took about 3 to 5min. Reading about future predictions and 2012 has taken up a lot more time than that.

Most people aren't obsessed they just like reading about it. Would also like to know if its going to happen so i can do some last minute things like punch my boss.

Most people ARE obsessed. Why do you think they are making films such as "Knowing" and "2012" etc. Because no one is interested??
So the world has to end in order for you to live your life fully (eg. punch your boss)??

[edit on 29-10-2009 by halfmanhalfamazing]

top topics

join