It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr James Mcdonald ~ Secret UFO Files.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Dr James E. Mcdonald was probably one of the most important figures ever in the history of Ufology - he was also the Senior Physicist at the Institute for Atmospherical Physics and Professor at the Department of Meteorology at the University of Arizona.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d6f56e655611.jpg[/atsimg]

Theres an interesting biography below detailing his work and research into the UFO subject -
it also mentions his feelings about the reliability (and intellectual honesty) of certain
'government conclusions and explanations' regarding specific UFO incidents:

Privately, McDonald analyzed all Project Blue Book case files, convincing him that the Air Force had performed an entirely inadequate investigation, which appeared to have been more concerned with internal politics rather than real science. He also reviewed the cases of the Air Force's sponsored University of Colorado UFO study, and concluded that many of their explanations were not well founded either.

Biography:
www.nicap.org...

Now its come to light that a great many (unseen) UFO files and research documents were kept and preserved by his family at his home in Tucson,Arizona for over twenty five years:

DR. JAMES E. McDONALD'S UFO FILES

The voluminous UFO research files of a fearless scientist. Dr. James E. McDonald, have lain in a special "UFO room" at his home in Tucson, Arizona for twenty-five years, lovingly protected by members of his family. McDonald was a high-profile contributor to scientific UFO research, beginning in the Spring of 1966 and continuing until his tragic death in June 1971.

Jim McDonald was a top atmospheric physicist. His official title was "Senior Physicist" at the Institute of Atmospheric Physics (IAP) at the University of Arizona in Tucson.

www.anndruffel.com...

It also appears those cheeky UFO hunters have made a programme about it:

VIDEOS:UFO HUNTERS - THE LOST UFO FILES:

What secrets lie buried in the never-before-seen files of a famous UFO investigator? In the early 1950's, James McDonald, a senior physicist at the University of Arizona, changed the entire course of UFO research. For nearly 20 years he examined UFO reports in great detail - interviewing over 500 witnesses, uncovering important government documents, and testifying before Congress in 1968. He challenged skeptics, performed scientific analysis, and led the charge for UFOs to be properly studied. After his tragic death in 1971, his investigations and files were sent to the University archives, where they lay dormant...until now.
The team brings these lost UFO files back into the public eye for the first time on television, and looks at evidence long thought lost to history.

Links:

Bio:
en.wikipedia.org...
www.theblackvault.com...

Documents:
www.gonogging.com...

FBI File:
www.cufon.org...

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
What I find interesting in part one is the reported black smoke ring that gets left behind as the ufo takes off..8:10 into the video I belive.

I have seen a few posts on ats about black smoke rings in the sky and have not seen a good explaination on what they are. So ya this puts a new spin on it if indeed its a real ufo.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reevster
What I find interesting in part one is the reported black smoke ring that gets left behind as the ufo takes off..8:10 into the video I believe.

Reevster thanks for the reply,I never knew about the existence of that photograph either - very odd.

As for the other cases,Internos has done great thread here on the RB-47 incident:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Cheers.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Kinda disappointed in the documentary..its great that they brought his files to light, and especially the evidence discrediting project blue book!! That alone is probably worth more than anything!

However most of the show was just repeating the same stuff over and over again..it was all 'fluff', I hate it when they do that. The 3d graphic superimposed on the old picture was probably the best thing they showed, but they couldn't do any more analysis on it?

They could have answered so much more, like how much heat would it take to instantly melt the sand that way.

I don't know, it was either total misuse of a very rare opportunity (to have access to his files) or the evidence they did find was so overwhelming they didn't want to overwhelm the general population.

Which brings up my last point (and first question watching the video), why are his research files in a restricted area?? Do they let no one at all have access to that? You would think some experts would continue to go through that treasure trove. Maybe now some will?

Edit - nvm on the last question, reading through the Ann Druffel site, very fascinating and I'm glad that careful access to his work can continue

[edit on 10/27/2009 by toepick]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by toepick

Toepick thanks for the reply,I think you're right about Dr Mcdonald's work discrediting the findings of Project Bluebook - he debunked quite a few of their 'force fit' explanations.
Theres a good example here concerning the Levelland UFO sighting wave of 1957:
USAF "force fit" debunks.

He (and other scientists) also made quite a few revealing statements about the UFO subject including some which openly question the competence,objectivity and agenda of 'government sanctioned' UFO investigations:

"I have been studying now for about 2 years, on a rather intensive basis, the UFO problem. I have interviewed several hundred witnesses in selected cases, and I am astonished at what I have found".
Dr James McDonald -Senior physicist at the Institute for Atmospheric Physics and professor in the Department of Meteorology at the University of Arizona - Oral statement to House Committee on Science and Astronautics at July 29, 1968

"The type of UFO reports that are most intriguing are close-range sightings of machine-like objects of unconventional nature and unconventional performance characteristics, seen at low altitudes, and sometimes even on the ground. The general public is entirely unaware of the large number of such reports that are coming from credible witnesses... When one starts searching for such cases, their number are quite astonishing. Also, such sightings appear to be occurring all over the globe."
(Hearings before the Committee on Science and Astronautics, U.S. House of Representatives, July 29, 1968.)
Dr. James E. McDonald, Senior Physicist at the Institute of Atmospheric Physics at the University of Arizona.

"As a result of several trips to project Bluebook,I´ve had an opportunity to examine quite carefully and in detail the types of reports that are made by Bluebook personnel. In most cases,I have found that theres almost no correlation between so-called "evaluations and explanations" that are made by Bluebook and the facts of the case...
There are hundreds of good cases in the Air Force files that should have led to top-level scientific scrutiny of this problem,years ago,yet these cases have been swept under the rug in a most disturbing way by Project Bluebook investigators and their consultants."
Dr James McDonald -Senior physicist at the Institute for Atmospheric Physics and professor in the Department of Meteorology at the University of Arizona

"Based upon unreliable and unscientific surmises as data, the Air Force develops elaborate statistical findings which seem impressive to the uninitiated public unschooled in the fallacies of the statistical method. One must conclude that the highly publicized Air Force pronouncements based upon unsound statistics serve merely to misrepresent the true character of the UFO phenomena."
Yale Scientific Magazine (Yale University) Volume XXXVII, Number 7, April 1963

"Project Blue Book was ballyhooed by the Air Force as a full-fledged top-priority operation. It was no such thing. The staff, in a sense, was a joke. In terms of scientific training and numbers, it was highly inadequate to the task. And the methods used were positively archaic. And that is the crack operation that the general public believes looked adequately into the UFO phenomenon".
Dr J Allen Hynek, Chairman of the Department of Astronomy at Northwestern University and scientific consultant for Air Force investigations of UFOs from 1948 until 1969 (Projects Sign, Grudge and Blue Book).

"My study of past official Air Force investigations (Project Blue Book) leads me to describe them as completely superficial. Officially released 'explanations' of important UFO sightings have been almost absurdly erroneous."
Senior Atmospherical Physicist Dr James McDonald, speech to American Meteorological Society 1966

As for those cheeky UFO hunters -you're right about the Anne Druffell link being far more informative.

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Reviewing these cases brought nothing new. Just go to a second hand book store and buy some UFO books from before 1980. Especially debunkers should do that!

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Regenstorm]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
Just go to a second hand book store and buy some UFO books from before 1980. Especially debunkers should do that!

Regenstorm -the NICAP UFO Evidence files from the sixties also make for some very interesting reading:

www.nicap.org...
www.nicap.org...
www.nicap.org...
www.nicap.org...
www.nicap.org...
www.nicap.org...
www.nicap.org...
www.nicap.org...
www.nicap.org...
www.nicap.org...
www.nicap.org...
www.nicap.org...

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Reevster

Hi reevster, the UFO rings are nothing realy, in most cases anyways, here is a link to a thread that has good explanations on the rings.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by GezinhoKiko]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

How do you explain a smoke ring when there is nothing around that could be the source? I saw one last week in a area where there was nothing but fields and forests.

In this case there is a video that might offer a solution for the smoke ring as shown in the pictures. The UFO is a typical (Nazi) bell shaped object. According to the writer Randolph Winters the first German engineered crafts didn't use a free energy source but 3 Mercedes Diesel truck engines. He refers to it at 4:28.

That would explain the black smoke.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
How are three diesel engines going to lift a large metal disc off the ground? I'm sorry but that is hillarious.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jclmavg

They were the generators for the power needed to propel the anti gravity device.
Some suggest rotating mercury,
others suggest a modified Van de Graaff generator is the base for the antigravity device.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Dr James Mcdonald speaks about intellectualy dishonest USAF debunking methods and the Portage county incident.

Interview with Dr. James E. McDonald who discusses the Portage County incident and the subsequent 'unbeleivable' USAF conclusion:

September 24, 1968 Lecture,

"UFOs: A Case Study in Public Mis-information"
at Kent State University, Ohio

Link:
www.cohenufo.org...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
UFOs and SCIENCE

The Collected Writings of Dr. James E. McDonald:

www.nicap.org...

new topics

top topics