It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pyramids of Montevecchia, Italy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
While media recently called attention to the vast Mayan pyramids discovered in the jungles of Guatemala, another intriguing pyramid find seems to have passed by almost unnoticed here on ATS, the pyramid like structures of Montevecchia, Italy.

A few alternative web sites have covered this find, while the archaeological establishment seems uncertain about what to make out of it for now.

A good outline of the Montevecchia Pyramids are found here:

www.european-pyramids.eu...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aaf279c40333.jpg[/atsimg]

If it is true, what Vincenzo DeGregorio could see with his BALLOON CAM, these hills, the highest 150 m, would be gigantic pyramids. Even higher than the Giza pyramids in Egypt (once 146 m). The Czech magazine WM 2003 has published a report about their research in May 2003.

In early 2003, the pyramids of Montevecchia (“Old Mountain"), ca. 30 miles from the Italian city of Milan, were discovered through the use of satellite and aerial imagery. These pyramids are now completely covered by ground and vegetation and appear to be natural hills, but the possibility of something more was enough for the Czech WM magazine and their editor in chief Georg Wojnar to visit the area. They arrived on May 8, 2003, in an effort to locate and survey the site. The team soon learned that discovering their location from the ground proved more difficult than imagined, with the team becoming impressed with the driving abilities required to negotiate the roads that lead towards the hills. After two days of failed attempts, they finally succeeded in locating the pyramids and carrying out an initial survey.
The team’s conclusion appeared in the June 2003 issue of WM. They had come to the conclusion that the first pyramid was estimated to have a base of 100 metres, with a height of 50 metres. In total, three potential pyramids were surveyed, with one pyramid showing clear signs of stones worked into the structure, close to the surface. A platform with an oblong superstructure with a size of 18 by 9 metres was also discovered. All three structures had an inclination of 42/43 degrees. The sides of all pyramids were aligned and were offset from the cardinal points by approximately 7 to 12 degrees northeast. The team wondered whether this was an error in design or a sign of something more intriguing. From the initial aerial surveys, there was speculation that their layout compared to the pyramids of the Gizeh plateau – and thus to the Belt of Orion. The Czech team stated that their on-site research had showed that the pyramids actually aligned with the passing of Orion at the sunrise of the summer solstice. The Czech team felt that the site should be known as “the Italian Gizeh".

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/75e96d98baa7.jpg[/atsimg]

Complementary info can be found at crystallinks:

www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Very intersting, they remind me of the overgrown Chinese Pyramids, those were purposely overgrown by order of the Chinese Government, wonder if its something similar here?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Found this informative close-up video:

vimeo.com...

These look like agricultural terraces to me, but my, they are impressive, and given the stonework that went into making them and the stairs that you start to see at 27 minutes or so, I think this is a worthy site regardless of age.

I don't know where this guy gets 3000 BC, which sounds optimistic, but if this could be proven to be even medieval in antiquity, I would be extremely impressed in the sense that I was impressed while visiting the terraces of Pisac and Moray in Peru.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: cachibatches
I don't know where this guy gets 3000 BC

Whatever to do you mean?

Their age is still undefined although they are surely older than 3000 years.

He says *surely*! Proof positive!!! That must mean it's older than 3000 years!

Lol... I fail to see how these become pyramids just because stone is found there. What indications are there that these arent obviously Roman structures?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: merka

originally posted by: cachibatches
I don't know where this guy gets 3000 BC

Whatever to do you mean?

Their age is still undefined although they are surely older than 3000 years.

He says *surely*! Proof positive!!! That must mean it's older than 3000 years!

Lol... I fail to see how these become pyramids just because stone is found there. What indications are there that these arent obviously Roman structures?

Not sure if you are addressing me here, or just the topic in general, but let's re-iterate that I believe they are agricultural terraces and compared them to what I saw in Pisac and Moray in Peru.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Heliocentric

Nothing but terraced farming, something that is found in many locations around the globe.

Here's a few examples.

China

Vietnam

Various others around the world

So no... not pyramids.

new topics

top topics

join