It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Theory About Predictions, Like Oct. 25th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
During the summer there were rumors about bank collapse coming in September. It came from supposedly credible sources and gained steam.

Then September came and went. No systemic, apocalyptic banking collapse.

Now we have the October 25th rumor getting everyone excited. It comes from many sources, including the Web Bot, which has an awful (AWFUL) track record.

I am betting that October 25th (or 25th-29th, as it is being expanded...gee, I wonder why) will come and go without anything gigantic happening.

BUT, here is my theory:

The Powers That Be are feeding us these disinfo rumors. They will continue to do so in the coming months with greater intensity. Many people will get sick and tired of all the false alarms. The conspiracy followers will be discredited somewhat (or even more, should I say).

THEN, WHAMMO!!!!! After all these "the sky is falling" disinfo, the real AX WILL DROP. My guess is in 2011. I know a person who is part of a billionaire family. He hinted to me that economic collapse will occur in 2011.

But it might happen sooner! Or something else even worse! The sky is falling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GAWWWWWWWWWWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I like your idea...2011...gives me more time to prepare for whatever the hell happens..

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This thread should be in the disinfo section, as unless you are referring to a specific prophecy, the window of potential is still there according to the people predicting these possibilities. I have this feeling that everyone screaming foul on the predictions haven't actually read the data or analysis of the data and how it's interpreted.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Well, I seriously doubt that there is a concerted disinformation effort going on. Alarmist nonsense has been going on for as long as I can remember, and that's going on fifty years now. Ever since I was a young kid, the world has been coming to an end, Armageddon was about to happen, and so on. In fact, back in the 'Fifties, Armageddon was a very real possibility, with the USSR and the US pointing their nukes at each other and calling each other names.

I don't think this is disinfo. I think it's just that some folks are "drama queens" who need their daily dose of adrenaline.

I would love to find out exactly what past predictions have been. I know we had some disaster that was supposed to come in September - bank holiday, IIRC. Something else in August, and so on. We were supposed to have a nuke in Washington DC last Sunday, but then when that didn't happen the preacher said he should have only said it would happen in October, not necessarily that particular day. Today (well, yesterday, 10/25) was supposed to be something, but nothing much happened. So it goes.

I'll tell you this much. Let anyone predict a catastrophe for a given day, or even a week. I'll predict that it *won't* happen. When you look back (say after a year), I'll have been right almost all of the time. Obviously I'm no prophet. Some days, seriously bad things do happen. However, on most days nothing so catastrophic happens beyond the usual wars, murders, and disasters.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
LOL I love these threads and predictions. Every single one is always wrong. I jump on board everytime though. Nothing wasted but a few keystrokes and minutes of my life but...one of these times someones going to be right. Even a broken clock is correct two times a day you know!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
The trouble is, there have been so many rubbish predictions here, that one day someone will post a 100% correct one, and it will be treated like all the others, rubbish.
This is why all the current/past doomsayers on this board are doing nothing but a great disservice to the rest of us, as we will never be able to tell when someone is really trying to help us with an advanced warning.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
My opinion why there is so many prediction threads is because people can feel something coming i feel like something is about to happen but it dose not mean i believe the predictions i like to read them.
Like a post up above i said in a thread one day something will be predicted and no one will believe cry wolf.
But you get a lot of idiotic members coming in these threads to say silly things like when this prediction dose not happen im coming back to rub it in what is the point in that some of these threads are a good read always keep an open mind.

THANKYOU

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The thing that really annoys me about these doomsday predictions, is that for some of us, they are seen for what they are, a load of claptrap.
But I have seen on some of the current doomsday threads people are going to take time off work, or hold the kids home from school.
Now that is messing with peoples lives, and I for one would vote to ban the prophets of doom from ATS once their predictions have been proved false.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by brygivrob

BUT, here is my theory:

The Powers That Be are feeding us these disinfo rumors. They will continue to do so in the coming months with greater intensity. Many people will get sick and tired of all the false alarms. The conspiracy followers will be discredited somewhat (or even more, should I say).

THEN, WHAMMO!!!!! After all these "the sky is falling" disinfo, the real AX WILL DROP.
My guess is in 2011.
I know a person who is part of a billionaire family.
He hinted to me that economic collapse will occur in 2011.

well this friend, may just have been reading the callerman time line of the Maya calender which ends on 28 October 2011
(instead of the widly accepted 21-dec-2012 end date)

which puts you back in the disinfo universe that you thought you've gotten out of... the friend may be hyping you as much as the 2012 cult is doing to the pop-culture
so whom to believe...is the question--- One's inner self? or the world around them?....

Actually your internal BeliefSystem might be throwing you a curve also !

www.youtube.com...
~4 minutes~

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ukmadmax
The trouble is, there have been so many rubbish predictions here, that one day someone will post a 100% correct one, and it will be treated like all the others, rubbish.
This is why all the current/past doomsayers on this board are doing nothing but a great disservice to the rest of us, as we will never be able to tell when someone is really trying to help us with an advanced warning.

That's exactly what has happened. To see what I mean, see my signature or see here.

What you see there is a very accurate prediction for 911, yet it's been totally ignored and overshadowed by the October 25th, 2009 claptrap. There's a nuclear terrorism warning by the same person. However, the nuke warning is also being ignored. A nuke terrorism warning made by someone who successfully predicted 9/11 should be major news here, but it's not. I'm quite sure people on this thread will ignore that warning as well, until it's too late.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by TheTimeMachine]

new topics

top topics

join