It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wow! magnetosphere is REALLY lit up right now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Don't know what it signifies, but I've been watching this site since late winter and have never seen it this intense before:

don't know it the problem is on my end or not, but SOHO seems offlin, too right now:

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Anyone seen it this intense before?
current image link:

www2.nict.go.jp...

edit to add link

[edit on 24-10-2009 by apacheman]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
There are many signs of something not being right in our solar system. Speculation is ongoing... its very difficult to say for sure what it can be.

Its a bit interesting that its today on October 24/25 that we see this however, considering all the hype about events on these dates. And we know the elites are into occult solar system events.

Im just blabbering here though. Could be something to this, or not.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

I don't know solar wind perhaps?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Soho lasco fine for me.
sohowww.estec.esa.nl...

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Well, of course it's the solar wind. What differs is the strength, speed and intensity.

We've been in the deepest solar minimum for sunspots on record for nearly 2 years now (don't quote me on that, just an approximate figure, but a long time anyway); I'm wondering if perhaps we're about to experience a release of oent-up energy...I'll bet the Northern Lights were spectacular right then.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Everyone flips out when that whole thing looks "abnormal" If it fails.. and goes crazy balls, we are all dead. Very crispy and dead. Sooo, go hug your mom, kiss your kids, steal a Ferrari and get burnt to a crisp travelling 200mph.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Spaceweather has forecast a Solar wind this weekend to hit the magnetic field,

spaceweather.com...

[edit on 24-10-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman

Well, of course it's the solar wind. What differs is the strength, speed and intensity.

We've been in the deepest solar minimum for sunspots on record for nearly 2 years now (don't quote me on that, just an approximate figure, but a long time anyway); I'm wondering if perhaps we're about to experience a release of oent-up energy...I'll bet the Northern Lights were spectacular right then.

I guess i should of stated i was being sarcastic.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
SOHO images of the sun are looking good also. it looks like the activity has been significantly increasing over the past few days. Very nice indeed. I cannot post pics cause I am at work, but if anyone can take the current sun image and post, would be great.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The solar wind has been showing increased density (which increases pressure) as a result of coronal holes. This is a normal occurrence and will probably continue for a day or two. A new sunspot is emerging but we probably won't feel the effects of that (if any) for a couple of days.

The pressure scale on the magnetosphere "pegs" at relatively low levels so this kind of display is not really unusual. To find out more about what you are looking at check out this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

For information about the magnetic field display try this one:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by raz24400

latest realtime images:

sohowww.estec.esa.nl...

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Right on the verge of panic and you step in and blow it! I thought this might have given validity to the whole October 24th - 25th predictions by everyone and their dogs. Normal, bah hum bug!!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well don't get too excited this is the current info:

Updated 2009 Oct 23 2201 UTC

Joint USAF/NOAA Report of Solar and Geophysical Activity

SDF Number 296 Issued at 2200Z on 23 Oct 2009

Analysis of Solar Active Regions and Activity from 22/2100Z to 23/2100Z: Solar activity was very low. No flares were detected. New Region 1029 (N14E14) was numbered. Region 1029 is a nine-spot bi-polar sunspot group.

Solar Activity Forecast: Solar activity is expected to be very low to low.

Geophysical Activity Summary 22/2100Z to 23/2100Z: Geomagnetic field activity was at quiet to active levels. Solar wind speed ranged from approximately 370 to 400 km/s, while Bz reached a minimum of -9 nT.

Geophysical Activity Forecast: Geomagnetic field activity is expected to be mostly quiet to unsettled with isolated active periods for the next two days (24 - 25 October) in response to a recurrent coronal hole high speed stream. Quiet conditions are expected on day three (26 October).

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
A few aurora pics from the last few nights:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
A few aurora pics from the last few nights:

Man those are awesome, i wish i could see them like that around here. I only see white auroras and no where near as cool as the pics you have. Thanks for that...

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
We're all doomed (again).
We must have more lives than a cat to keep getting through these sort of threads.
See you tomorrow!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ukmadmax
We're all doomed (again).
We must have more lives than a cat to keep getting through these sort of threads.
See you tomorrow!!!

lol, yep.

The earth is ok, and humans will survive. What ever happens when ever in the future.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ukmadmax

Whoever said we were doomed? Just observing nature here, and marvelling at it. Like I said, I've just never seen it this intense before. Pretty sure no one else has jumped on a doom kick, either.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Is your sky line really like those pics, bloody nice sight if it is.

Shame london gets nothing here.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I think you meant to replay to the other poster, but yeah we have tons of skylines like that around here, just don't get the aurora that green color as often.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join