It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NHS Questionnaire weard ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
My wife works for the NHS and she came home today with this Questionnaire and with all this talk of something about to happen this is weird.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7df96953c72e.jpg[/atsimg]
Has anybody in UK in other public services got one of these questionnaire's do you think they could be planing war with Iran and with this talk of Obama has declared swine flu a national emergency is UK next this questionnaire has me puzzled
Mod's if in wrong place feel free to move.

THANKYOU

[edit on 123131p://2009-10-24T12:09:46-05:002410 by mars1]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
My wife is a nurse but not had one of these yet,

Why the hell are they thinking there will be a fuel shortage?

As far as I am aware there has been no indication of a fuel shortage last time it was people trying to block the fuel production sies because of the fuel price.

I hope its something like that as if fuel becomes short because of a crisis it will no doubt be another stupid pointless war that next to no one wants.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

Thats what i thought see has been working there five years and never got anything like this before this is making me a bit nervous

THANKYOU

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

I work for the British civil service.

We've had one of these questionnaires before ... but it was only during the fuel blockade of 2001 (??), when petrol and diesel supplies ran dry.

No such questionnaire so far this year ... merely the usual one asking which civil service office you could walk to, within one hour of your home, if we get deluged by heavy snow.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
And another thing if they think there is going to be a fuel shortage wouldn't that crash the economy it is already on the edge

Has anybody else in public services received one of these questionnaire's
Something strange about this me thinks

THANKYOU

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It's an indication that someone in the organization is thinking and making plans for disruption of services. Nothing more than risk analysis and mitigation.

In other words..."If this happens, how will we accomplish our mission?"

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Yeah its most likely just the organization thinking ahead and be prepared, if anything. I really dont think were running dry of fule anytime soon. But its definetly something to think about, I mean you never know. It is a fairly short questionairre.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I work in a role that is classed as on the "critical national infrastructure" and we do alot of DR planning. We have alternative sites, back up power to everything, back ups for the back ups etc. So far this year, we have been planning how to continue in the event of severe snow (like last winter) and Swine Flu. It's all just planning in case it all go's belly up.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I can relate to that it just seemed weird because she has never had anything like this before and with all this strange talk on ATS of late has got me a bit paranoid

THANKYOU

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The last time I saw something like that was back when I was working at Odstock and the fuel crisis was all around..

I guess it could be part of any kind of disaster planning/continety plans.. Since I've written a few... but to be honest right now this has me puzzled as I've only ever factored in natural events, strikes and epidemics..

The only possible logical answer I can come up with is if this flu got so bad that the deliveries were not coming through, then this infomation might be handy, but there again if it got that bad then most staff would be as affected, and I would assume a group transport system would be put in place within most NHS trusts to ensure service continuety.

Given the state of the world, maybe someone is preparing for a war scenario, but that does not mean they expect one.. still puzzling tho.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mars1
reply to post by stumason

I can relate to that it just seemed weird because she has never had anything like this before and with all this strange talk on ATS of late has got me a bit paranoid

THANKYOU

ATS can do that to you.
But, the question I have is what scenario are they planning for? Certainly they would need to plan for many different scenarios, but what would this one be? The only thing I can come up with is war with Iran and the Straight of Hormuz being shut down.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

That's why i want to see if anybody else in public service has got one of them

THANKYOU

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I know ATS can do this to me but i love ATS best book i ever read

On a serious note war with Iran is the first thing that came to mind.

THANKYOU

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Just found this and this could spark a fuel shortage dont you think.
Israeli military strike more likely after Iran misses nuclear deadline

Its announcement on Friday will raise suspicions it just wants to bog down the limited deal on offer in further delay and, although more talks are likely, attention will turn east.

Given that Israeli government has made a nuclear-free Iran its prime international goal, a military strike to try to achieve that is now correspondingly more likely.

FROM www.telegraph.co.uk...

THANKYOU

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Well, I hope it doesn't come to pass... but have felt for a while that there is a great chance it will..

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I am with you on that all we can do is hope this sort's it's self out but i do not trust Israel one bit.
But this situation would work for a fuel shortage have not herd of anyone else getting this questionnaire yet.

THANKYOU

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Personally I make the assumption (when I do this I am normally wrong:-) that this is an old form that this particular NHS trust is using, something from the fuel strikes... Imagine going through all those forms, it'd take ages, be of little use except to a line manager rather than the trust, and that's the bit that has me puzzled the most.

I am sure the Trust uses a HRIS (Human Resources Information System) and could easily use that to map all staff locations (even removing pertinent details/names to cover data protection issues) it'd still have roles, distances and could over lay bus routes, potential staff mini bus routes (considering most NHS trusts are multi-site and have patient/staff transport) taking all this info they then can identify where there are gaps in their planning to maintain their desired staff levels. All this can be done without even discussing bothering staff.

There are to many free fields in this form.. to much uncontrolled data to be of use for modern DR/Continuity planning.

BUT.. it could be psychological, get staff used to thinking of other ways to get to work etc. An open mind is important when major incidents happen, it gives chance for staff to think their own approach to any given situation so they are not shocked or phased.

That has been and would be my approach.. Hope my meandering helps a little.

Edit: removing double words ;-)

[edit on 24/10/09 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Thank you for that post that was a good read.
There should be no problem for her to fill this questionnaire because it's not asking for personal information.

THANKYOU

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
There was another questionnaire recently but for teaching staff, not NHS... I was computerised, very long and they wanted to know some quite odd and specific things, things like all the registration details of all vehicles in the house hold, movement patterns (where they go what they do) and loads of other stuff... I believe it was 38 pages!!!

Information information information... They get off on information, I've a mind to change my name to Mary Poppins by deed pole just so that every time I fill out a form they automatically think I'm pulling their leg's and toss it away!

Mind you care work is often critical and prior preparation prevents P**s poor performance... It's a good think to at least provoke some thought on the matter - fortune favours the prepared mind... It won't take much to cause a fuel crisis - some guys with placards and trucks did a decent job the last time... Invest in good footwear, you never know

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I work in the NHS and have seen a questionaire like this before.

I think it's all down to each NHS trust preparing their own emergency plans.
The Trusts need to know who is going to be available if the pumps run dry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join