It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you can imagine it, it exists.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irishwolf
But wouldn't this also raise the question of nothingness and the fact that I can imagine every event not happening.

How does that fit into your theory. Has and will everything and nothing and the opposite happen. Seems kind of pointless if you ask me. Like the shrodingers cat thing. The particles both exist for both situations but only one of them happens when it is observed. Its a good theory but not very practical.

If I imagine that something never has existed and never will and someone else imagines that the same thing does exist what happens then? Does the universe just implode or something?

Good question. My answer to you is found in a book NEVERENDING STORY (by Michael Ende). Once imagination will be stopped, the world will cease to exist as we know it. The nothingness will take over. The world keeps existing because of the children.

It is allegory for us to understand that nothingness is just brain dead slaves or robots replacing civilization.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
hes right you known
you think and it exists
it exists because you thought of it
you are the reason that causes it to exist
if you do not think of it it does not exist
you only think of thinking

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
What if the arrow killed and alternate version of yourself. That would still leave you to be skeptical and post. The flaw isnt with the theory but the experiment

Not to mention the self-imposed limitations as mentioned earlier. This also keeps you from doing "impossible" things in lucid dreams, even though those limits would not otherwise exist in a dream. Subconsciously you feel as though what you are doing should be impossible and so it will manifest in your dream exactly to your expectations. I've dealt with this personally, and it's definitely very limiting.

A person who believes this theory... truly believes it, has no self imposed limitations. Why have all those who claim this theory as absolute truth not risen to greatness already. The OP isn't the first to come up with this and won't be the last.

Why have we had no supreme rulers of the world already?

Why have I not risen to god status? (Some of my experimenting with metaphysical, or occult if you will, theories and practices)

Oh, I see... it's always another me in some other time or dimension. One we can't possibly experience. We just have to have faith that it is there.

I'm sorry if my BS meter goes off when someone makes a claim that cannot be tested for yet asks me to just believe.

BTW, it is impossible for me to stand up right now and lift off like superman. I have however flown in a lucid dream. Does this mean, by your comment above, that I can in fact fly?

Sorry if some of you see my comments as closed minded, I get what the OP was trying to say, I just don't agree.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Primordial

reply to post by Primordial

What if the arrow killed and alternate version of yourself. That would still leave you to be skeptical and post. The flaw isnt with the theory but the experiment.

I covered that. It would have to kill this me, in this dimension, in this time so that I could not reply to this thread. But I have, so it doesn't exist as I imagined.

The flaw is with the OP.

If he had said in an infinite time frame it's possible for anything to manifest, we would have no way to test this other than theoretical guesswork. That's not what was stated and not a theory I tested.

Simplest answer is that there is no "THIS ME". Your would have to imagine an infinite amount of arrows killing an infinite amount of you's for the experiment to work. Your would have better luck wishing yourself back in time so your never replied to this post. I understand that your replying to the OP im just trying to explain to you that even if the OP is flawed and im not saying it is the multiverse theory is not.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Primordial

I would imagine the equation balances it's self out. What you fail to take into account is that there are others with views counter to yours. Why would yours take precedent? Force and counterforce in a manner of speaking.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

reply to post by DOADOA

The only thing this proves is your inability to grasp what is being discussed here.
Just because you ramble on about random stuff doesnt mean its going to happen in this reality. What you saying as absurd as it sounds might happen but if it did happen the way you described it your brain wouldnt have the relativistic comparison to the brain that made the post to realize that your post had come true. To the brain in that reality it would be business as usual.

I find it curious that there are people trying to disprove something that CANT be disproved. This to me is clear evidence that these people cant comprehend the logic behind this theory.

to answer your first sentence, what the OP is saying is, if i can imagine it it, it probbaly exist in another universe. my rambling wasn't for THIS reality, it was my imagination (oooo big word) coming up with an improbable scenario for another. according to the OP, if i can imagine it, it must exist in a parallel universe- i'm saying it cannot.

i am aware of what i'm saying is absurd, but according to this theory it is not and is actaully a reality in another universe. brain cease to exist the moment everything turned into chocolate, so there is no mind to grasp my made up reality, and yet this scenario is possible. everything you've said do not contain any substance and you have clearly fail to understand my given scenario let alone trying to understand a theory, you sir, have made a penny and you think you've discovered infinity. this also anser the rest of your post. come back soon.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

I love that dialogue. In no small part because I highly respect Atreyu's stance at the end of it.

G'mork: If you come any closer, I will rip you to shreds.
Atreyu: Who are you?
G'mork: I am G'mork. And you, whoever you are, can have the honor of being my last victim.
Atreyu: I will not die easily. I am a warrior!
G'mork: Ha! Brave warrior, then fight the Nothing.
Atreyu: But I can't! I can't get beyond the boundaries of Fantasia!
[G'mork laughs and Atreyu gets a little angry]
Atreyu: What's so funny about that?
G'mork: Fantasia has no boundaries.
[Laughs]
Atreyu: That's not true! You're lying.
G'mork: Foolish boy. Don't you know anything about Fantasia? It's the world of human fantasy. Every part, every creature of it, is a piece of the dreams and hopes of mankind. Therefore, it has no boundaries.
Atreyu: But why is Fantasia dying, then?
G'mork: Because people have begun to lose their hopes and forget their dreams. So the Nothing grows stronger.
Atreyu: What is the Nothing?
G'mork: It's the emptiness that's left. It's like a despair, destroying this world. And I have been trying to help it.

Atreyu: But why?

G'mork: Because people who have no hopes are easy to control; and whoever has the control... has the power!

Atreyu: Who are you, really?
G'mork: I am the servant of the power behind the Nothing. I was sent to kill the only one who could have stopped the Nothing. I lost him in the Swamps of Sadness. His name... was Atreyu.
[the ground shakes again and Atreyu is knocked down. He grabs a knife shaped piece of broken stone and stands up, ready to fight]
Atreyu: If we're about to die anyway, I'd rather die fighting! Come for me, G'mork! *I* am Atreyu

Just a small tangent, I always wondered what was the power behind the nothing.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by PApro
this sounds good in theory but what your telling me is that somewhere there is a little round yellow guy that eats dots and gets chased by ghosts until he eats even bigger dots than he eats the ghosts? or a gorilla kidnaped a princess and throws barrels at the plumber thats tryin to save her? or even thats somewhere out there monkeys exist that fly and poop cookie dough ice cream?
i understaind what ur getting at and i agree to an extent.. but rather than saying every possibility exists you should say anything could exist.

I think what the OP meant was if you can imagine it, it exists. Not particular actions or a series of events.
For instance, Yellow exists, guys exist, dots exist, we all know what ghosts are, poop exists, in fact everything you describe here exists in an individual form.

The really hard part is to try and imagine or think of something that is entirely new. Something never imagined.
I bet you can't.
We really can't think outside the "box" I dare you to try.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
So imagine that every bit of matter and energy, in all universes and all dimensions, instantly seas to exists.

Nope, didn't happen!

Maybe your theory is bunk?

link   

Originally posted by Primordial
A person who believes this theory... truly believes it, has no self imposed limitations. Why have all those who claim this theory as absolute truth not risen to greatness already. The OP isn't the first to come up with this and won't be the last.

Honestly, you are so full of doubt, that even people who have totally freed themselves from these limitations would probably just confuse you and you would not be ready to accept that they would even be able to do such a thing. I have seen people do amazing things, there are even YouTube videos of such things, as if there aren't thousands of anecdotal pieces of evidence to everything from spontaneous healing to people disappearing into thin air in front of many witnesses. There is a YouTube video of an Eastern master setting paper on fire without touching, being able to shock people who simply touch his body, and apparently stop a small bullet dead out of the barrel of a gun with his hand. But even if I posted this video for you -- you would never believe it, of course. The first thing you would do would be come up with all these rationalizations in your head and then set out to try to prove them to yourself and then to me, that I am not actually seeing what the video appears to show. But it doesn't matter much to me anyway, because I also have first-hand experience with this stuff, have a deeper understanding of it than you obviously do, and am also aware of many examples of things that should not, according to conventional scientific wisdom, be possible. That is all fine with me.

The real question is whether or not you are ready to see and accept these kinds of things. And the answer to that question, I think, is "no." I really have no interest in even arguing about these things, because there are of no use to anyone who cannot accept them anyway. So it makes absolutely no difference. You probably also think, if this stuff were true, you would have already seen it or TV or something similar. Even when this kind of stuff does make it to a mass audience, the collective response is much the same as your own. Which, again, is all fine with me. You see that the people who are actually aware of these things have absolutely no trouble at all finding each other anyway and discussing these things just like you would discuss anything else on this forum, for example. I have no problem at all learning from all number of very aware individuals that are in plain sight for everyone to watch and listen to; the simple fact is that most people, if exposed to these teachers, would think of them as "quacks" or "frauds" or etc. anyway, so the same pattern is perpetuated. And for the final time, this is also fine with me. Everything does indeed have its designated place, and oil and water don't mix for a very good reason.

Why have we had no supreme rulers of the world already?

In fact the people who are actually running politics and world governments are especially aware. That's why secret societies are called things like "the Illuminati," meaning "illuminated one," etc. I didn't get to make that name up, after all; they gave it to themselves.

link   
nvm I'm too tired to think

[edit on 23-10-2009 by Soboro]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Raabjorn

I think the trick would be in getting the rest of humanity to do the same.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I often find it enlightening when studying a subject to look at the exact opposite so as to extract some clarity from the situation.

Let's think about the opposite of infinity. Infinity is a really really really REALLY large number. THE largest of numbers. If you have infinite possibilities of a "something" happening, the actual ODDS of that thing happening is pretty darn small. As in pretty much 0. Because that particular "something" is 1 out of aloooooooooooooooooottt of things that could possibly happen. Yes in the real world there are weights to things, probabilities ("will I have another beer?" has a more predictable outcome than "where will I be 47 years from now?"). But we are talking about INFINITE universes here.

So let's think about this "human thought-creation" question. How many things has the human race really thought of - in our entire history? Has there been someone in the history of man who has thought of a blue horse with green teeth eating a peppermint in Lake Michigan? We may think just because we have the POSSIBILITY of an unlimited imagination everything exists, however, we are nowhere near thinking of even a large number of possibilities. It's hard to put into words.

I agree with some posts here - just because you think it doesn't mean you created it. It just means it's a tangible thought, a something. And in an infinite universe set, every something is a something i.e. exists somewhere in some shape or form. We are very arrogant to think of something and say "it's my thought only, only I could think of that and because it's mine it cannot exist anywhere else ... the laws of my world, which I've created, won't allow it to exist therefore it only exists in my head."

Funny, the blue horse in Lake Michigan is probably having the same thoughts about this nerd sitting at a computer desk.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
shallow not deep be. reality into it manifest to thought the spread or mind your in it leave to whether, fit see you however exist to yours is manifest you that thought the of energy/power the, limited is imagination

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by afterschoolfun

If you present that line of thought to a "skeptic", they would simply assert that biological functions and natural development
affect you're mind to where you can only extrapolate new ideas from the natural existing world around you. Also you failed to define "exist". Just say'n...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by genma

This is actually a classic ats thread. Search it, the question that comes after this statement is then who imagine us?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by genma

You ain't a kiddin' check this out!!! The Secret to everything awaits you. It's called the Little Book of Light.

store.payloadz.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

Just because you say it cannot doesnt mean it cannot. Anyway this is all based on theory and probability. What we are talking about is the creation of a reality based on an idea. So your brain turning to chocolate might result in a chocolate brain. either way once the universe is created it will run the course it might last 5 minutes 5 seconds or 5 million years.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by maus80

And people once used their logic to determine that the world was flat. For every major decision in a life a new world is created. We ourselves do not know the extent of our own universe let alone the endless possibilities with the parallel universe theory. An infinite number of universes with an infinite number of possibilities
you could be having this exact same argument in another universe but with a different opinion

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Raabjorn

God how many times do i have to go over this. its not as simple as that, please read the earlier posts before posting the same thing thats been posted and answered before. EVEN IF YOU MANAGED TO SNUFF EXISTENCE OUT BY JUST THINKING ABOUT IT THE FACT THAT WE ARE HERE PROVES IT WASNT THIS REALITY. BUT THAT STILL DOESNT PROVE YOU DIDNT SNUFF ANOTHER REALITY OUT OF EXISTENCE.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join