It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC defends Humpty Dumpty decision

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
There is no reason to fear, worry or have any concern. I am 100% sure that Jeremy Clarkson will fix this and the BBC, probably whist driving a super car round a track. Excellent. Just you wait and mark my words.
This politically correct BS has to stop.
Vote Clarkson for prime minister.

[edit on 28/3/2010 by who-me?]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I just saw this and it is absolutely ridiculous.

I did not read the entire thread but this certainly reads like an attempt at re-writing history, much like George Orwell's 1984.

I am in utter shock at the simplicity imposed on a classic rhyme for the supposed benefit of the people.

It's frickin' condescending is what it is. I'll never use it and the whole of Britain should just ignore the change.

Edit To Add - This is the crap they give for public consumption when they are implementing societal controls in the form of an omniscient surveillance system?

[edit on Sun, 28 Mar 2010 11:32:55 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

whatukno, I am a great admirer of you, but you should please leave the room after that awful joke...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Late to the party, and the Yahoo! link has gone, but I found this:

www.independent.co.uk...

* Rock a bye baby on the tree top, when the wind blows, the cradle will rock. When the bough breaks, the cradle will be safe because the tree has undergone a health and safety assessment.

* London Bridge is undergoing planned engineering works. Please wait for further announcements. [my personal favourite]

* Three visually impaired mice, three visually impaired mice. See how they run, see how they run. They all ran after the farmer's wife, who handed them over to the RSPCA.

Creativity or bowdlerisation? Hard to say. I'm with the poster who said that the message is that some things just can't be fixed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join