It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood's Political Agenda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
If you thought Hollywood wasn’t political, think again. Oct 19th some of your favorite TV programs are going to be promoting “community service” which is a purely political agenda

Broadcasting networks will use America’s favorite TV shows and personalities to advocate the “power of service” . Yes, Hollywood has taken it upon themselves to tell you how and what to think, and what your priorities should be.

Not only that but the Entertainment Industry Foundation has joined forces with the AARP with it’s nearly 40 million members, and is working with theServiceNation coalition of 200 service organizations and the Points of Light Institute/Hands On Network to build a grassroots movement.

Earlier this year, President Barrack Obama signed the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act, and Obama has already promised to fund this youth corps BS with tax payer money.

servnat.3cdn.net...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Im in Ireland at the moment and there is obviously a lot of US movies and TV shows, seeing as we are an English speaking country..

But the propaganda is blatantly obvious in many movies, especially the big blockbusters. Its gotten worse in the past 3 - 4 years.. Pro war, pro US empire, pro Global warming, anti Muslim, excessively pro Christianity, pro globalized agenda are all rife.. the whole 'USA will prevail while the rest of the world are nothing' is slowly starting to stop but was pretty funny for a while.

Its frustrating to watch at times, its a pity Hollywood has been infiltrated like that.

On the other hand, its gotten me to watch more French and German movies... which I must admit, French movies in general are excellent. So thank you hollywood propaganda for opening this door for me lol

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
What's up ATS members, why no comments on this one? Here is something engineered to sway American political opinion in an Orwellian, Big Brother fashion and it's like no one wants to pay attention to it.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
Im in Ireland at the moment and there is obviously a lot of US movies and TV shows, seeing as we are an English speaking country..

But the propaganda is blatantly obvious in many movies, especially the big blockbusters. Its gotten worse in the past 3 - 4 years.. Pro war, pro US empire, pro Global warming, anti Muslim, excessively pro Christianity, pro globalized agenda are all rife.. the whole 'USA will prevail while the rest of the world are nothing' is slowly starting to stop but was pretty funny for a while.

Thanks, Dermo. You saved me from having to type out practically the same thing.

new topics

top topics

join