It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watchdog warns on 'invasive' search law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Watchdog warns on 'invasive' search law

www.nzherald.co.nz

THE BILL
* Removes right to silence for person suspected of having evidence in crime with three or more suspects.
* Widens provision for searches without warrant.
* Allows copying of material stored on computers and remote searches of computers.
* Increases covert investigative powers of the Commerce Commission, the Reserve Bank, Customs and Ministries of Agriculture and of Fisheries.
* Gives power to detain anyone at scene of search.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.parliament.nz

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This sort of bill is what I have warned many in New Zealand about previously, so to see one such as this come to fruition, is both vindicating yet worrying. The ability to remotely search will be abused - I don't trust the government nor police more than they trust me. I guess somewhere along the line they forgot we were free human beings, not numbers and criminals by default.
For the first time ever I heard the free to air, mainstream media channel 'tv3' use the words: 'police state' in reference to the search bill. I was shocked! I had just said those exact words three seconds prior to my mother, whom looked at me rather puzzled.

Myself and many others will be speaking out against this bill in 'cveitch youtube style', also addressing the proposed 200% plus acc price rises for motorcyclists, using fudged figures and released two days ago. Coincidental timing for both issues?

This bill and related bills can be found in additional links.

www.nzherald.co.nz
(visit the link for the full news article)

join