It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands claim to see this man in their dreams

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Joke or not, the psychological aspect of it is very real.
We should use this thread to see how many people actually dream this face in the coming days. Or one similar.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien
...its a have...a joke...

Check the whois on who registered the site...run their email addy...

Google Results

[edit on 14-10-2009 by alien]

Good find. Close thread if you want.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Bert's the new 'Freddy.'

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f7bbeb34d7aa.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
He'd better not show up in my dreams or he's asking for trouble. I do carry quite an arsenal there. Chuck Norris is also with me every step of the way and attacks on command.

LMAO.
AWSOME

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Gosh, if so many people have seen this man in their dreams, I wonder why nobody I know have reported this to me. Let me just say, my friends and I are very close and we trust each other and we speak our minds. Thank god this guy wasn't the man of my wife's dreams.
Cuz, I ain't that guy in this supposed dreams.

That is a BS website.

I'm more apt to believe in the Loveland Frog than this. And I lived along the Little Miami River in the Loveland Frog creation time, and there was no giant frog. lol. Heh. It was a story made up by US KIDS at the time.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I flagged this thread because I am convinced many will now dream about this man. It is probably the reason others have said they dreamed about him.

Just look at how long you analyzed the picture.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

That is exactly the point.
The website starts off with a claim. "Thousands of people have dreamed this face. Why? Have you?"

So you start with a claim and a couple of questions and from there are given a face to examine.

Now, this audience aside, most people that come across such things aren't going to question the claim until they actually study the face. Face it, a lot of folks believe in magic.

So then, you study the face and it has subtlties that appear calculating and possibly menacing...

The damage is done. I would be willing to wager that a lot of people WILL infact dream of this face or one similar through self-hypnosis.

All of the markers are there. The suggestion has been planted.

I think this thread is a fascinating exercise in psychology. And one that is much needed.
People need to see just how powerful the power of persuasion actually is.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Dreams are pretty subjective, kind of like hypnosis

You tell enough people about something like this, and enough people will begin to have dreams about that guy.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Ughh! Hope I don't dream about him. But I can see his face as I type this. The power of suggestion is at work already!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/73d91b99d0f0.jpg[/atsimg]

Heh, I was a little wrong about my analysis.
In fact, it is even MORE suggestive than I thought.

The smile is a half-smile, not just a no teeth smile. It is a smirk.

An obvious no-gooder.

Look closely at the pic and you'll see what I mean.
This has been planted in your psyche at this point and chances are, unless you were questioning it from the very beginning, you will see this man in your dreams.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by grrrrt
No, but I'll probably end up dreaming about him tonight now after seeing him.

My first thought too! Awesome.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Anyone interested should take note of their dreams over, say... the next week to see if they see a face like this in their dreams.

But also, this is a black and white sketch. You may not actually see the face, but note if you get the feeling in your dream that it is "that guy."

You know, like dreams have the power to do. In your dreams your subconscious is meshing with your conscious mind and you don't actually have to see the face to know that the boogey man in the dream is actually THIS GUY, by picture.

In reality, this guy is a weakling. You can see it at a look. So, in your dreams, this guy may be the unseen hand, type of deal...

I'm sorry to latch on to this, but this is congruent with a theme I have been looking into lately.
Hypnosis, in general.

This has all of the hallmarks of hypnosis. It may not be intentional, but the results will be conclusive, IMO.

That is, of course, if people are willing to even give it a shot. But what harm does it do?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

This I found out who it is. He's famous alright and ordering French fries!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I would also wonder to what extent examining the picture would influence whether one dreams of it/him or not... I scrolled right past it, didn't examine it at all and even now, can't really remember anything about it. On the other hand, those who did spend time on the picture may have it imprinted, even to a small extent, and if they are thinking about it, may indeed see it incorporated into a dream.

Best defense, think about something you really like, before bed.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Crazy so many people are seeing this man in their dreams. He looks more like the guy you would see peeping in your windows at night.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Of course the amount of people who dream about him is growing.

Click the link In The World and you will see flyers with his face and story on it. People on the street read it, gives them a chill up their spine and they dream about him that night.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I have never dreamed of this man, however, in the portraits section of the site,
he resembles Robert Pine, of C.H.I.P.S. fame!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
For some reason I keep dreaming of a really evil man with a patch on his eye...Odd

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Possibly just a natural, pre-wired human condition. Maybe a signature of the format of a certain area of the brain.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I think he resembles Neil Diamond a bit. (see link above)

And no, I've never seen this guy in my dreams.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join