It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged haunted places in NL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I didn't quite know where to put it, so I'll just post it here.
First off, I want to apologize to 'restrict' this thread to Dutch people, as I'm asking for haunted places in Holland. It's just that I live in NL and there are not many places here that I know of that are haunted.

So, whether you believe in ghosts or paranormal phenomenon is not relevant; I'm only curious what places in this country are said to be haunted. I know there's a lot of these places in the UK, as well as in the US. But all I hear from Holland are those damned crop-circles

So, shoot! And many thanks in advance for your input

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Isn't there castles in the Netherlands? I bet if you spent a few nights in one of those castles you could come out weilding a few good stories. I was looking around online but nothing special popped out about haunted holland or anything . . I know there has to be some haunted castles in those hills somewhere though!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
theshadowlands.net...

Seems like there are a few...but there's always room for a few more ! Seriously, there are probably hundreds of buildings or areas in Holland that are haunted...especially if nearby England is anything to go by !!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

Wow, thanks for the link! I did search myself but didn't find much, but this is awesome. I'll check it out!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Waardenburg Castle

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2aa6d595768.jpg[/atsimg]

One of the most haunted houses in the Netherlands. The house is unoccupied for the greater part, because it is a ruin and waiting for restoration. At night unseen feet walk up and down the stairs, in some rooms you can hear whisperings, the sounds of toilets flushing in places where there never were toilets. In the east wing there is a room where things move by themselves. Human bodies were found in the cellars and it is said that the medieval wizard Faust lived at the castle before he was taken to Hell by the Devil. Two bloodstains at the window that can’t be wiped out are silent witnesses of the happening.

The history of Waardenburg is rather violent, and that left its remains. The house is terribly haunted by several apparitions. At night someone is walking up and down the stairs; things disappear and reappear again at another place; footsteps are heard in the attic; you can hear lots of eery sounds; there is a poltergeist and in the east wing is a haunted room. The house is world famous, but not for its ghosts. In this very house lived once the famous Dr. Johann Georg Faust, the sorcerer, alchemist, necromancer etc. This Faust sold his soul to the devil in exchange for knowledge and magic. The devil would serve him for seven years in the shape of his servant Joost.
Faust was not a very friendly master, and he let the devil do things, the latter didn't like very much. He had to pave a road for Faust, and break it up again after he had passed. Once Faust emptied a two kilogram bag of bird-seed into the thorn-bushes and the devil had to pick up all the seeds one by one till it was two kilogram again, and so more. You can image that the devil didn't like this, and when his time eventually came, his revenge was terrible.
He took him by his leg and slammed him against the walls of his study, smearing his brains, eyes and everything out over the walls. Finally he pulled his body through the barred window and took his soul to hell, leaving his mutilated body behind on the dunghill.

This place doesn't look that scary but it sure has a story to tell ... wizards and stuff?! nuts! haha. Its pretty interesting how its surrounded by water too.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
A few years ago there was a show "er is zoveel meer" with Irene Moors (you know the one from Carlo and Irene - Telekids) She did a show with a man on RTL4 and he could see ghosts. He went to "haunted" places and buildings in Holland and made pictures that showed energyballs. It went something like this: I see a man over there! *snapped a pic*. There would be a gray spot on the pic and dat would be proof there was a spirit. and the spirits would tell him what happened there

I tried this, it works... but the guy on tv was a fake. Later on somebody found out he was briefed about the place they were going. so the spirits told him nothing. This was al about 5 years ago, maybe more. I don't remember the details but one story was about a man or woman that was trapped inside a wall of a house. The wall was intentionally build around this person while still alive.... Verry creepy.

Sorry for the non-NL-peeps, i only found a nl link to the show.
Er is zoveel meer - There is so much more

Maybe you could find a list to the places they went to. I believe the places are real but just not that man from the tv show.

top topics

join