It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need a spirtual guru.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic Love

hello again,

methinks that he's so grey and grumpy because he's quite old when those clips were made. i think he died at his 89's and as far as i know, he was very happy man when he died.

well, obviously he didn't mean true love being filthy, but instead the word itself and how it is interpret and used in the world nowadays. for most, loving is wanting and wanting is lust. if you truly love, you don't want something of it, but instead you give without selection.

it is not my opinion, because it is his opinion, not mine. would it be my opinion, i would just be reflecting his thoughts - thus conflicting mine.

but instead of ignoring him, you should try and comrehend what he has to say. basically, if put out in short, he says that there is no universal path to happiness, no way to enlightment, no matter what others say.

you say that you have awakened kundalini, but isn't that really something you have chosen to do? wanting enlightment, isn't that desire? therefore a form of wanting, hence lust?

ps. go further up on this thread onto my previous post - there's two vids, one about this u.g. krishnamurti and one about jiddu krishnamurti (don't let the similarity of their names confuse you - they are totally different characters). but then again, maybe you shouldn't because i sense that you are happy wherever you are

peace.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Geemor]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I'll be your Guru. There's not much I don't know about whats out there. But what I can't tell you is what is within, sure I can only help you find that aspect of yourself that resonates with you most, but the journey of self discovery has to start with you.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Geemor

That guy is great! I think I feel a connection. Such a cranky bastard! He knows what he's saying though. True things aren't pretty things. He's attempting to break down all the siliness surrounding the search for truth and pointing out that all the stupid fuzzy, hallmark card crap people spout is just that.

Bless him.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
WHAT WE ARE TRYING, IN ALL THEESE DISCUSSIONS AND TALKS HERE, IS TO SEE IF WE CANNOT RADICALLY, BRING ABOUT, A TRANSFORMATION OF THE MIND. NOT ACCEPTINGS AS THEY ARE, BUT TO UNDERSTAND IT, TO GO IN TO IT, TO EXAMINE IT, GIVE YOUR HART AND YOUR MIND WITH EVERYTHING THAT YOU HAVE TO FIND OUT, A WAY OF LIVING DIFFERENTLY. BUT, THAT DEPENDS ON YOU AND NOT SOMEBODY ELLS. BECAUSE IN THIS THERE´S NO TEACHER, NO PUPIL, THERE´S NO LEADER, THERE´S NO GURU, THERE´S NO MASTER, NO SAVIOR. YOU, YOURSELLF ARE THE TEACHER AND THE PUPIL, AND YOU ARE THE MASTER, YOU ARE THE GURU, YOU ARE THE LEADER. YOU ARE EVERYTHING. AND, TO UNDERSTAND, IS TO TRANSFORM WHAT IS. (J. KRISHNAMURTI).

My advise to you, would be to enter in to the world of meditation. I am sure you´ll find all your answers there. Love and light.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Do not look to guru's who are just as confused, instead look within yourself.

I'd suggest checking out www.lawofone.info. I read it after already having a general idea of the Indefinite Unity of all in it's divine singularity.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by Seekingmyself

My advice would be not to look to others for guidence. No one can and should be allowed to tell you who you are and what you should do. Pick the path that best speaks to you. I mean, I or any number of others on this board could attempt to set you on what we consider to be the path. But in reality it is just our path. And their are many IMHO and only you can pick the one that is best for you.

Hey seekingmyself...I am going to agree with Watcher above.
There were some other good place's to investigate. Read,explore, go within.

But do not follow any but your Higher Spiritual Self. Or do it is really your choice.

Good luck and we shall run into oneanother on one of these paths.

Peace!
Cindy

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by funkeemunkee84

I commend you for searching for a clearer connection with God. the main advise I would give you is to visit the link I am posting below. I have found great comfort with God through this church and it's teachings. The pastor is a great knowledgeable person. Good luck and may Jesus be with you

JMFI

And, I will give some advice, you may take it or you may leave it either way I respect your choice.

DO NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT look outwards to any main stream religions/churches/gurus/messiahs, because they are all just either confused, fabricated, or a lot/little bit off.

Religon is a core of truth, but it's drowning in a sea of perversions.

Anything that is main stream is not to be taken seriously, whatsoever.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It's frightening for anyone when they begin to question what they always believed to be "the truth". I know it was for me.

I think (like a lot of others have stated) that you shouldn't go looking for a guide to give you the answers. But, I also think it's not a good idea to just start meditating and "listening for your own answers". The mind is complicated, and the nature of human thought process is, for a lack of a better word, mysterious. Schizophrenics are a great example of how "listening to your inner-self" can go terribly wrong.

My advice, is to just continue asking questions. Try to look at things(and I mean everything) without preconceptions. Try to avoid the construction of beliefs, they will only cause you to miss-interpret and dismiss other ideas later down the line. Don't be afraid to share these thoughts with others, talk with your loved ones. An existential crisis is nothing to be ashamed of. It's the sign of a working mind.

Perhaps a "clean-slate" cannot be achieved, but I think the attempt, the "journey" as some may say - is meaningful, and fulfilling non the less.

I think you should read the novel Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse. It inspired me, and maybe it will inspire you as well.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
the only spiritual guru u need for ur life is yourself.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

What helped me on my path was strangely enough Shirley Maclaines Out on a Limb.

Started an interesting journey!

But thats what its all about... the journey

Dave

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Hmmm. Try God is Not Great by Christopher Hitchens.

Or the God Delusion.

Oh, wanting to stick around in the faith, hmm.

Do what all christians do, read the Purpose Driven Life, and Mere Christianity.

...or the bible lol.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I haven't gone through all the threads here so forgive me if this has been said. Since you started out in the Christian faith, I'll start from here. There are some who think that when Jesus prayed alone on the mountain, out in the desert, etc. that he may have been meditating. The more I think about it. The more it makes sense. After all, His teachings are similar to Buddhism. Meditation and prayer are both similar in that for both it takes focused attention on one 'point' so to speak.

IMO, almost all religions lead to the same place. Ironically, religion has trained us to suppress our natural instincts and intuition which just happen to be what we need to feel God. My advice is to either pray or meditate to God or your higher power and then allow yourself to feel. Trust what you feel. I believe that is God. Sometimes I feel that if the major religions would stop concentrating so hard on 'civilization' and trying to separate themselves from the 'monkey', then they'd actually feel the awesome power of God, their connection with everything; and the world would finally know peace. The irony is that they'd have to experience God much like a nature pagan (or an Essene), but that isn't considered 'civilized'.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
When the student is ready the teacher will appear.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Seekingmyself,all you need is yourself by yourself.Be your own guru as the other posters have said.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

God is not way out there somewhere he dwells in ur heart.Theres a book called Why Not The Truth by Dr Willard Fuller.A wonderful man who passed away this past Aprilat the age of 93.I have never seen things presented in such an open non judmental way.He said religion must be done away with and started SUN the spiritual United Nations. He states that Muslim ,Budha,Jewish Christian truth is the same.If u cant find it U2 me and Ill gladly send u one.I was able to visit him last yr and was deeply blessed.I do hands on healing and other energy modalities and also enjoy some of the newer teachings that are surfacing. Nothing to sell but the truth to tell is what he said.And it is true! God Bless!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
As many have already stated, the answers are within you. The hard part can be in getting to them, and this has not been dealt with sufficiently in the thread.

All too easy to say, "go within", but so few can find a way that is genuine. And you can spend the next 50 years seeking out and experimenting with various ways and never actually get in there.

So, I developed very simple methods I used on myself for many years and have since been sharing them in small groups or individually as is required. Many people did not get it because it was too simple for their minds to comprehend and they were seeking an Illuminating experience to prove to themselves it is real. That rarely happens.

Yet those who took their experiences as pointing a direction for them to explore further were the ones who really did "get it".

If I may; my teacher told me 37 years ago, "Come to practice as if naked." She meant to not hold one single idea, belief, expectation, concept or desire about what you can, can't, should or should not experience. In this way you are open to what comes and more easily able to experience directly without involving your own creations.

One does not need a Teacher, the type who can be picked out in a crowd. These are not genuine. Instead a teacher will show you a way to access the inner Teacher and then you will have little need of other people's input once you are perceiving clearly.

You can try the methods I used, and that can be found on my website (link in signature). Some people like to record themselves reading the meditation and then using the recording as a guided meditation. That seems to help many people more effectively than sitting on your own searching for something that appears elusive.

Be Well and good luck.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
TO EVERYONE!
I so very sincerely appreciate all of your heartfelt and intelligent responses; I will respond more specifically in a little while; this whole college-student with two jobs thing seems to be taking up a lot of my time for some reason
I just wanted you all to know that it fills me with joy to know strangers care. Yay!

A few things I wanted to throw out there reaallly quick..

-I am sure that organized religion is just not for me. I cannot encompass myself with anything that has anything to do with negativity. In fact, on my facebook page, under religious views, it says love everyone. That's my "religion". I don't want to be a part of anything that promotes judging or is hypocritical or sexist or anything of the sort.
-I know very well that all of your advice will lead me in the direction my heart and soul feels is right. That being said; I created this thread as a means of exploring all of the options out there. Your book reccomendations and links are going to be so helpful to me! However, I do know that someone preaching to me and telling me "this is fact" is not what I am seeking. Gentle guidance or ideas is more on my mind.
- I live by the idea that I create my experience and that I create who I am. It made so much sense to me in Conversations with God because f we create our experience, why would we create a negative one? I do believe there is a higher power, a creator of sorts, but I am undecided as to what that means. I'm not sure anyone Reaally knows. Maybe one day.

Again, I want to express my gratitude. I'm feeling positivity from all of you, which is fantastic. I will be back soon to respond to all of you (gotta study and write papers and eventually sleep) ...until then, SMILE! life is (ultimately) good.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Awaken Your Consciousness, Open Your Minds!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Religions Of The World, The Bigger Picture!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekingmyself
However, I do know that someone preaching to me and telling me "this is fact" is not what I am seeking.

Usually when someone says "this is truth! this is fact!" it's time to disregard. Something about the old addage, "If a man says he knows the truth, do not trust him. If he says he does not know the truth, but seeks it, trust him."

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Sorry for being preachy, if it was me you where talking about. I was just trying to give what I thought was the best advice at the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join