It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone recognize this tattoo!?!?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Yeah it's similar to Ogam (old Irish) Ogham (new Irish). They are NOT runes. No relation. But that is me being picky. Where it's not correct for Ogam is there is no line in the middle to tell you which Acimie it comes from. But yes somewhat similar. I have some Ogam in a Tattoo on my back (it's more than just the words).

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
There is a picture at the parlour me and my wife use, they have a picture up with similar patterns, there where a few more on that one though, might be worth noting they only do tattoos for the Pagan faith, so that may help my wife is starting a new piece in a week or two, I will grab a photo of it and post it if your interested?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Well, the most accepted theory is that his were an early form of acupuncture, as the bones near all his tattoos had arthritis.

Now, they obviously werent medicinal for me, but I find the ancient human marvelous. They were exactly the same as we are, but lived in such a vastly different lifestyle, and had no knowledge of anything outside their world. I just find the primitive lifestyle to be fascinating.

When I was younger, I always wished that I would be born 1000 years in the future, with all the cool gadgets and technology. I was really into technology in middle school, and some high school. I even got very good at computers.

Then, one day, I simply woke up and hated technology. I was about 16, and i'm now 20. Now, obviously i'm still techno-dependant, but I actually sympathize for the future generations. I could never live in the far off future. I'd rather live 12,000 years ago with my dog and my farm.

<< 1   >>

join