It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Cloud Russia -Oct -6-09

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I mean you gotta admit this is beautiful. IT also looks like a great way for a giant UFO to cloak or a great diversion for activity, since the focus would be on the cloud itself.

What are your thoughts on this type of cloud? IT seems very unusual to me.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by talisman]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
No, it's not beautiful to me.
It looks artificial and ominous.
It reminds me of Sky over China and Project Bluebeam.

Guess we should look for some disaster linked to this very soon.

Or maybe this time it will just be holography.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
No, it's not beautiful to me.
It looks artificial and ominous.
It reminds me of Sky over China and Project Bluebeam.

Guess we should look for some disaster linked to this very soon.

Or maybe this time it will just be holography.

I agree that it looks artificial. But perhaps there is some explanation for it naturall? I don't know. The amount of illumination in a circle like that though seems to be something very unusual.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
That whats known as a hole punch cloud (or fall streak cloud).

It occurs when ice crystals from high cirrus clouds fall as virga, penetrating a layer of altocumulus cloud below.

Fantastic video that

weatherthings.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
That is very nice footage. I like OzWeatherman's explanation as the most likely, but funny that Google Earth has started having that weird "anomoly" again in the last couple of days.

Check it out with the Weather option set.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I don't know Oz, that doesn't look much like the one you linked.
Nope not at all.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I wonder if by chance any of this has anything to do with this?

This was just in August 2009 and there are even more recent events happening.

There are some really strange things going on in the sky over Moscow and if you check out that guys channel you will see why very quickly.

This one is not natural in my mind.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by talisman]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I've seen the clouds like that over my house as well. It had occurred during a full moon.... wasn't the day of the video a full moon as well?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
That whats known as a hole punch cloud (or fall streak cloud).

It occurs when ice crystals from high cirrus clouds fall as virga, penetrating a layer of altocumulus cloud below.

Fantastic video that

weatherthings.com...

In fact, nobody knows how a so called Punch Hole Cloud forms,

The ice crystal theory is but a hypothesis.

You must understand that when meteorologists come across a phenomenon they don't understand, they put a name to it and think up a most likely or logical explanation, that's how science works.

It's not like they're going to call it an Unidentified Weather Phenomenon, or a Unidentified Flying Cloud.

It gives uninitiated people the impression that the mechanisms behind this phenomenon is known to science, while they don't know squat.

The reason for its existence could perhaps be ice crystals,

Perhaps it's because some invisible object gives off infra-red or other type of radiation, perhaps gravity, which causes atmospheric disturbances that adopts the shape of the object in question.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by talisman

I saw a few of those over Panama last summer. It's hard to describe them because they change shape and color. The debunker type told us we were probably seeing the sun reflecting off of a plane - Don't think so...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer

I don't know Oz, that doesn't look much like the one you linked.
Nope not at all.

Well like or not, it is a hole punch cloud

They dont have to be perfect circles like the one I showed in the link. They can actually form a multitude of shapes, including the ring like structure in the clouds with this one

But I mean you can believe what you want..im just giving you my proffesional opinion

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
And why is it circular? A down-burst/micro-burst wouldn't normally be a perfect circle like that.

Very interesting.... (Cloaked vessel idea is really good. like when its foggy and a car shoots into and through it, it pushes the fog with the car to a point...)

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric

Actually its not a hypothesis its fact

You must understand that when meteorologists come across a phenomenon they don't understand, they put a name to it and think up a most likely or logical explanation, that's how science works.

Is this really necessary? Its not about what you think of me or any other meteorologist....its about the video...you're off topic

It gives uninitiated people the impression that the mechanisms behind this phenomenon is known to science, while they don't know squat.

Perhaps it's because some invisible object gives off infra-red or other type of radiation, perhaps gravity, which causes atmospheric disturbances that adopts the shape of the object in question.

Yeah whatever, you dont know much about meteorology yourself, and I just gave the best explanantion that I know from a meterological perspective. I dont know why you are insinuating that I know squat...are you just vtrying to discredit me...or do you have a problem with me being allowed to give my opinion

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pharyax
And why is it circular? A down-burst/micro-burst wouldn't normally be a perfect circle like that.

Very interesting.... (Cloaked vessel idea is really good. like when its foggy and a car shoots into and through it, it pushes the fog with the car to a point...)

Well, they arent always circular in shape. Some can be elongated or in a ring like the one in the video. A perfect circle hole punch cloud is actually quite rare, and also spectacular on occasions

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
That is strange. I found the colorful "rainbow clouds" over china to be a lot more disturbing...
Did anyone else feel that when watching the china video? It really had an impact on me, it was a very strange feeling.

Off topic, but what song is that? I like it.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echelon117
That is strange. I found the colorful "rainbow clouds" over china to be a lot more disturbing...
Did anyone else feel that when watching the china video? It really had an impact on me, it was a very strange feeling.

Off topic, but what song is that? I like it.

Those rainbow clouds werent actually related to the Chinese earthquake. It was actually what known as iridescence or irisation which occurs when sunlight passes through water droplets or ice crystals refelcting the colour spectrum

www.atoptics.co.uk...

There are earthquake clouds, but these were a misidentification on that occasion

If you look up more, you may realise its nt all that uncommon

[edit on 8/10/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Haha really? Sorry I probably should have looked into it some more...
Regardless, they were an eerie sight.. It's one thing to look at a rainbow, but to see it in cloud form is strange!

Cheers for the heads up

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by Heliocentric

Actually its not a hypothesis its fact

Is this really necessary? Its not about what you think of me or any other meteorologist....its about the video...you're off topic

Yeah whatever, you dont know much about meteorology yourself, and I just gave the best explanantion that I know from a meterological perspective. I dont know why you are insinuating that I know squat...are you just vtrying to discredit me...or do you have a problem with me being allowed to give my opinion

I think yo misinterpreted my post as a personal attack upon yourself, I don't see what in my post made you think so.

I never said you didn't know squat, so don't accuse me of having said so.

It's not about who knows more about meteorology than the other, it's about what meteorology knows about the phenomenon called 'Punch Hole Cloud'.

There is such a phenomenon, that much I grant you, but the reasons for its existence is not clear to meteorology.

Science has yet to prove the ice particle theory, it is shaky to say the least, and anyone - you included - who claims it to be fact is rushing ahead of him/herself.

So before claiming so, please realize that you put your credibility at stake.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Since I posted in the other thread I just wanted to repost my lines

Hey that looks awesome , I wish I could see it real life
As for what it is
it can be anything , from a bizarre cloud formation , to cloaked UFO , Hey its "Moscow" so you never know

On a more serious note we do have some weird weather patterns recently in Poland and its not that far from Russia so maybe some crazy weather phenomenon

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The "ice punched a hole in the cloud" theory reminds me of swamp gas and weather balloons.

I can tell you this much, I am in Moscow often and one thing you will NEVER see in the sky over Moscow is an airplane. It is absolutely 100% forbidden and until only the last few months you would never even see a helicopter. Even those only come in as far as the outer ring road. Putin himself cannot even get a chopper ride from the Kremlin to the airport.

I would hope someone would examine that video and see if it is faked.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join