It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meaning of man's number (666)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
i may be on to something here, but i cannot give full details. what does everyone know about man's number? yes, i know, many have tried to explain it and they seemed stupid and ignorant and simply on a rant, but i have actually thought this out, and i am on to something. so pool together that knowledge that i know people on ats have, and help me out. what all do you know about man's number?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Man's number. Hmm........you placed the 666 in the post. Supposedto tell me what man's number is? As for me, man's number could be 1, for the me, me, me attitude. Or it could be the sideways 8, for infinity of man's number. Oh, wait, um..........7.9 billion. Yeah, that's the ticket! The number of humans on the earth before it gets out of balance and rolls over and we are all tossed into the ozone. Nope, it's an individual's number based on, um.......the number of people they care about? The number of descendents? No,wait. Man's number is 12. Yeah, that's it. Because it means something to me.

Come on. Be less cryptic, heh, What are you trying to say? Or are you just posting for the hell of it.

Anyway, give the damn details, for Satan's sake!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
With numerology numbers are added together, so the 6+6+6=18=9.

One of the major signifances with 9 is what we could call Endings. So it would tell us man has many endings. This could relate to reincarnation or cultural demises as we can see historically.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Tayesin]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

Maybe I'm an idiot, but 18 does not equal 9, unless you divide it by 2.
Or am I missing something?

Edit: I see what you did there. You took the one and eight, added them together to get 9. The only problem with that is it has no significant relevance or logic what so ever.

[edit on 083131p://333 by For(Home)Country]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I believe in biblical numerology that the number 6 represents falling short of perfection. At least this is what we were taught in Sunday school way back when. So six is the number of man .

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

you're on the right track according to my theory. i have a little more, dealing with the Holy Trinity, and posibly a trinity of evil, but that is a whole lot more depth than i am willing to discuss with anyone right now. but know that you are correct so far. or at least according to my theory of man's number.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

One of the major signifances with 9 is what we could call Endings. So it would tell us man has many endings. This could relate to reincarnation or cultural demises as we can see historically.

Is that the Rainman version of Numerology?

Btw, Have you ever actually listened to the words in this song?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
I believe in biblical numerology that the number 6 represents falling short of perfection. At least this is what we were taught in Sunday school way back when. So six is the number of man .

God created humans in the sixth day; therefore we're the closest thing to perfection. My religion teacher made an interesting class out of that. Basically, he said that according to Catholic dogma, the perfect number is not 7 per se, but 6+1 (6 days in which he created the world plus one day in which he rested).

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Actually, most scholars agree that the original number was 616, not 666.

The more you know...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Wow I was trying to explain this to my mom tonight! I printed out some stuff on it for her.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
prophecyarchive.com...

I cannot for the life of me find the link I got the info from but this is similar If I had searched from my PC I could have found it

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Wow. 9 is the last number in the sequence used with numerology? So it signifies an ending, as well as other things. Whereas 1 signifies a new bginning, addictions and other things.

Not saying I'm into the belief system of numerology or that I am a numerologist, just offering a basic answer to the OP. So play nice please.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
GGrrrrr, why does everyone have to be so cryptic, ... trying to pretend they have access to some " secret knowledge" .... why start a thread about your theory and leave out the bloody theory !!!

get on with it already,, ... by the way, if your reffering to the number 666 from the bible it translates to Nero, ... the Cesar that crucified thousands of christians and is responsible for imprisoning the author of Revlations before he was killed. Case Solved.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Try looking up triple nine ( 999 ) then you might just see the relevance to ( 666 )

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbyboy

I don't think mankind's number is 666 - that apparently belongs to Lucifer, the devil, the fallen angel.

Are you saying the devil is here on earth? If so, I agree - the devil rules this earth at the moment. You only have to look at the horrors happening here.

But, hopefully, this will not last.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

It's the equivalent of Jesus Christ's name (in Greek, Christos being a Greek word). So.... someone who would pretend to be Christ himself?

P.S. It's the "name of man", because Christ was "the Son of man".

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

I don't think mankind's number is 666 - that apparently belongs to Lucifer, the devil, the fallen angel.

Are you saying the devil is here on earth? If so, I agree - the devil rules this earth at the moment. You only have to look at the horrors happening here.

But, hopefully, this will not last.

Not sure about the devil himself, but the followers of his chruch are obviously in control and have been buzy bees for the past century's. As for the antichrist, well it has obviously its plan in dominating the free will of human beings. Then again, is the antichrist or the devil or how ever you choose to anounce him just another form of higher intellegient species from a distant star.

Keep in mind, when all these occurances did happen human's barely had the fundamental understanding of todays basic sciences. Think of what our species beliefs will be in 2000 years from today then you begin to see the picture.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by tristar]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Yes, I believe all churches are evil - misguided but evil. A lot of decent people who belong to churches are not evil, simply misguided.

My scenario is this - Jesus beats Satan, everyone lives happily everafter (or not) THE END.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
It's 42, obviously.

No?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
666 is A man's number.

18Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

I read that Revelations was written by John the Divine for the people during that time (Nero's) era. It was written in a cryptic manner as to not get censored by the officials as being anti-government. It's a lot like a coded rebel's manifesto at that time which turned to something prophetic on our time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join