It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the U.S. Preparing to Bomb Iran?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The question about preparation is really quite silly, because whether the bombing campaign happens or not, the US must be prepared for such eventuality. You can't get things ready on a month notice. So you bet they are hard at work preparing, while trying to avert it all the same.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The U.S. nor the Israel armed forces will attack Iran, it will be an internal conflict if and when the situation arises. Iran falls under the jurisdiction of the Russian government. Its a signed and done deal between the super powers. I suggest you move on and not worry about Iran or listen to any other media orientated psychologically purposely planted wording or publications.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
I suggest you move on and not worry about Iran or listen to any other media orientated psychologically purposely planted wording or publications.

On a different board, somebody repeatedly told me to not worry about a terrorist attack on the US, which was a media fabrication. This exchange happened about 3 days before 9/11.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by tristar
I suggest you move on and not worry about Iran or listen to any other media orientated psychologically purposely planted wording or publications.

On a different board, somebody repeatedly told me to not worry about a terrorist attack on the US, which was a media fabrication. This exchange happened about 3 days before 9/11.

The fundamental difference is that the attack on 9/11 in comparison to an armed assault on Iran is equal to day and night. Perhaps you should read my post and understand that Iran is under the jurisdiction of Russia and the U.S. have come to a formal agreement, hence the equation of no missile installation across Poland and Czechoslovakia. (wink)

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
we dont have to worry about taking out the iranian nuc facility. President Obama will let Israel do our job. shame on us.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phedreus
we dont have to worry about taking out the iranian nuc facility. President Obama will let Israel do our job. shame on us.

Times have changed, We have evolved, were not living in the 80's , why and how do you think a check mate has been placed. What was, is history, what will, you will be taught.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

Originally posted by December_Rain
There are already several other thread discussing this issue.

Too true mate, and I mentioned as much.

But this:

The request was quietly approved. On Friday, McDonnell Douglas was awarded a $51.9 million contract to provide "Massive Penetrator Ordnance Integration" on B-2 aircraft.

Is a new development, and needs to be brought to everyone's attention!

No it's not new. As posted before the weapon is ready and so is the delivery system B-2. Somebody posted a link on the first page.

I call saber rattling.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Is it just me or does anyone ascribe Particular weight to the this phrase:

...accelerate the integration of the bomb onto B-2 stealth bombers.

B-2 Stealth bombers!

Now didn't the original specification call the the new bomb to be carried by B-2's And the old, definately un-stealthy, B-52's, Both?

Does this, rather subtle, re-focus of tasking to Only the B-2's signal anything? To anyone else?

If I am not mistaken, a B-52 can carry more heavy ordinance than a B-2.

And if the bombs you're packin' weigh upwards of 30,000 lbs each, wouldn't you use the planes that can carry more of them?

Unless, the target of your mission is already equipped with highly sophisticated (ie.: Russian) anti-aircraft radar.

In which case, you'd be more likely to sacrifice "throw-weight" for an aircraft with a better "penetration-capability", right?

I truly hope that this is nothing more than more "saber-rattling" in the name of diplomacy; but if so, these are some very expensive "sabers" being rattled (consider the program cost of optimizing a weapon for one plane over another).

And historically, the military doesn't like to pay for toys they don't get to use.

As to the arguement that Iran is "safe" as long as it remains "under the jurisdiction" of Russia:

Consider how easily a "Quid Pro Quo" agreement involving Iran for Georgia could be brokered.

That additional $116 Billion in supposedly "fake" bonds smuggled into Italy last August? Could that have been just the bribe somene from Moscow had been waiting for to "seal the Deal"?

We shall see.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Bhadhidar]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

www.abovetopsecret.com...

was being discussed being fit to a B2 - 3 years ago

its not `new` or breaking news in 2009

and anyway

exactly the same subject and thread from 2 weeks ago.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Yep...i posted that thread. And it was from Debka. You have to take that site with a grain of salt because sometimes they do report things well before the MSM. But even then it wasnt "new" news. I thought i had been hearing about this for a while myself.

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by kiwifoot

was being discussed being fit to a B2 - 3 years ago

its not `new` or breaking news in 2009

and anyway

exactly the same subject and thread from 2 weeks ago.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Funny thing is...............

If Iran thinks the US is preparing to bomb them-maybe-it might be the time to stop trying to start a war.

seriously......................

Like little Kimmy, he is doing everything in his power to get the US/Israel to bomb them.

He may have a death wish, but I doubt most of Iran's or N.K.'s population does.

I guess neither leader cares one bit about his people.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I usually think your replies are well thought out but...

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Like little Kimmy, he is doing everything in his power to get the US/Israel to bomb them.

This is not your finest hour.

Since when did North Korea and Israel have issues?

Must have been during the 1967 Six-Day War and nobody noticed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join