It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

M.S.M ridicules conspiracy theories yet again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The BBC yet again features a page that ridicules some high profile conspiracy theories/hidden truths such as 911 and JFK. The webpage heavily promotes I.M.H.O a sceptic website. Here is the link see for yourself or in the case of the BBC "don't see". news.bbc.co.uk...[/url]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Conspiracy theorists have used the internet to co-ordinate increasingly slick attacks on the accepted versions of events, but now a group of scientists and sceptics has decided it's time to organise and fight back.

Nice opening paragraph for the article. First - it establishes that as theorists - we (yes, I include myself) have 'coordinated' "attacks". Stop and think about that. Conspiracy Theorists on the ATTACK. Hmmm..., anyone seeing the meme being engendered here?

Then - of course, there is the 'object' of the attack - "... the accepted version of events...".

Well, at least they were willing to grant that what they feel is being attacked is a "version" of events that they 'accept'. Not coming straight out and saying the 'truth' was beings attacked, just their accepted version of events... the stories that THEY tell. Obviously, it follows that 'their accepted version of events is the high ground, the 'right' and 'proper' thing - so any challenge to it would logically be considered an attack - after all they ARE the authors of the 'accepted version' of events.

So now - scientists and sceptics (sic) are going to 'organize' and fight back!

Sounds like a 'war' is brewing, no? And the Conspiracy Theorists are evidently the vile villains who are opposed.... Sad Sad Sad....

They list 'five' conspiracies:

World Trade Center: Destroyed by controlled explosions or using thermate

Pentagon: Hit by missile rather than airliner

Princess Diana: Murdered rather than being killed by reckless driving on part of Henri Paul

Apollo 11: Moon landings never took place, were staged on Earth

JFK: Lee Harvey Oswald not acting alone, part of underworld or wider conspiracy

I would call these the BIG FIVE were it not for the fact that I don't see them that way. I see these particular listed conspiracy candidates as the one's the establishment has spent more resources and time on obfuscating than almost any other - except maybe the international banking cartel's global domination.

POOR SKEPTICS

"A lot of sceptics feel very isolated," says psychologist and magician Prof Richard Wiseman. "It's not a popular position to be saying 'Father Christmas does not exist' so it motivates people and acts as a springboard for people to see what we're up to."

I wonder if they feel that Conspiracy Theorists know nothing of the isolation they seem to be crying about?

They had quite a successful venture in their "...gathering of The Amazing Meeting (TAM) in London, the first of the conferences outside the US. A fundraising offshoot of the non-profit James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF), TAM London saw scientists, writers and comedians target conspiracy theories - and their close cousins pseudoscience and medical quackery - in front of an audience loosely allied by their desire for more rational, critical thinking."

Notice the names? Important to remember, because these guys are now re-marketing themselves as 'isolated' and 'misunderstood' and needing of more 'support' from "rational" thinkers.

I'll tell you what. We live in a world based on a conspiratorial paradigm - and this article is representative of that paradigm.

I would go on.... but I wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings... besides us "Conspiracy Theorists" need to meet and organize a conspiracy to create and propagate 'conspiracies.'

I'm not sure just how many people read these pieces and take them to heart - other than the beneficiaries of the notion that confronting the establishments portrayal of reality is somehow morally wrong and needs to be fought.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Nothing like setting up stupid things for people to fall into, giving it a label and then using that as an ad hominem on anyone who has concerns.

join