It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patient with no pulse!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
www.straitstimes.com...

Read this article. It shows a girl whos heart is a machine. A huge goal in science has been accomplished by this. I wonder what the future is going to be in 50 years!

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Why wait 50 years, we are quite capable of producing a continuous flow artificial heart. One that is not only very small but would last the life of the patient. However, don't be expecting to see one any time soon as there simply no money in it. Transplants are big bucks and then with the need for medications to suppress the immune systems rejection of the transplant. Big pharma is not about to let it happen let alone the AMA or FDA.

Its not about saving lives, its about making money at our expense.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Well big pharma isen't world wide (yet). So hopefully it will be available in other countries. Who says this can't be available in other countries??

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
generally speaking, our economy is based on being able to rpovide a cheaper more cost effective product.

If one or two companies can provide the product (IE, artificial heart) at a seriously reduced rate, despite it being cheaper, they'll start raking in money, of course provided the cut to the various funding organizations.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Yeah, I wonder what the price was. I don't think it showed on there. I know there are replacement hearts that are artificial, but I don't think they last for as long as 10 years. There only temporary.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Maddogkull]

new topics

top topics

join