It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It was Uncle Sam who first gave Iran nuclear equipment

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Correction to my post earlier, it was the USS Stark (FFG 31), that Iraq attacked and killed 37 sailors.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by bsbray11

India, Pakistan, Iran and Israel.
Hell the whole planet for that matter.
There is no honor in atomizing somebody.

India, Pakistan, and Israel, I believe already have the weapons, are continuing to manufacture them, etc. Iran, haven't seen so much. But I agree with your sentiments that we should get rid of all of them. I just don't see it happening, I just see hypocritical demonizing of Iran instead. The last thing I want here is for Israel or the US to "pre-emptively" invade Iran.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
The last thing I want here is for Israel or the US to "pre-emptively" invade Iran.

Well that will never happen....

Preemptive Strike however is a very real possibility. Even Obama isn't that dense for the go ahead with an invasion.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well damn, and why didn't we pre-emptively strike India, Pakistan, or god-forbid, Israel?

I hope you're right, but you can't blame me for having no faith in our military leaders, or especially Israel's.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

S&F

Yes this is fact, and Im surprised folks ignore this fact, especially the goodol' republicans in congress calling for the administration to "do something" as they did with Iraq.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Preemptive Strike however is a very real possibility. Even Obama isn't that dense for the go ahead with an invasion.

Are you sure about that?

"... Those are the world’s worst tyrants. And then he says he wants to unilaterally go in and potentially bomb a nation which is our friend. We’re trying to strengthen Musharraf, we’re trying to strengthen the foundations of democracy and freedom in that country so they will be able to reject the extremists. … It is wrong for a person running for the president of the United States to get on TV and say we’re going to go into your country unilaterally."

George Stephanopoulos

Link

[edit on 4-10-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

That's blatantly false. The US never supported Arabs in the fight against the Soviets. UBL at the time was a bit player, and didn't come into the picture until after we left.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

No, it's not blatantly false. At best it's debatable. At worst, yes, we trained and funded al Qaeda.

Operation Cyclone

There's a good place to start.

Operation Cyclone was the code name for the United States Central Intelligence Agency program to arm the Afghan mujahideen during the Soviet war in Afghanistan, 1979 to 1989.[1] Operation Cyclone is one of the longest and most expensive covert CIA operations ever undertaken;[2] funding began with $20-30 million per year in 1980 and rose to $630 million per year in 1987.[3]

In the late 1980s, Pakistani prime minister Benazir Bhutto, concerned about the growing strength of the Islamist movement, told President George H. W. Bush, "You are creating a Frankenstein."[22]

The U.S. says that all of its funds went to native Afghan rebels and denies that any of its funds were used to supply Osama bin Laden or foreign Arab mujahideen. It is estimated that 35,000 foreign Muslims from 43 Islamic countries participated in the war.[23][24][25][26]

Doesn't sound too "native" by the numbers, does it?

Notice how you are reading about a COVERT operation. Just for the record, you know what "covert" means, right? And the how's and why's it means what it does? The parts you are reading about are now in public domain, obviously. But there are testimonies from US and British officials that shed more light on what exactly we are doing, that I could post.

And are you aware that we also trained and funded contras in South America for essentially the exact same thing?? Except not against the Soviets that time.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Short answer:

NO.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Those were not Arab Mujahadeen. They were local mullas. We never funded or supplied the Arabs. You may want to stop relying on Wikipedia, and read real sources. I suggest, Taliban ... or Jihad...by A. Rashid. Also Holy War Inc. by P. Bergen

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
the tehran reactor:

first heres something the USA do not want you to know:

cns.miis.edu...

•During 1967-79, the United States supplied Iran's 5MWt research reactor at TNRC with highly enriched uranium fuel

•In 1987, Argentina's INVAP concluded an agreement to convert Iran's 5MWt research reactor from using 93% enriched uranium fuel to using 20% enriched uranium fuel

why do they need to make any - when the USA allready supplied them with 93% enriched uranium

but argentina actually downgraded the reactor so its not running on weapons grade USA made uranium anymore

one thing you must understand about the Tehran Nuclear Research Center is this:

whilst annually it produces 600grams of plutonium (in spent fuel form) - ALL of the waste is monitored by the IAEA - and has been since the the reactor started in 1967, and in all that time (42 years) they haven`t tried to reprocess any of it - they would technically have enough for 3 weapons.

but they haven`t touched it.

The Tehran Nuclear Research Center is actually at the forfront of plasma research - they have a Tokamak fusion reactor designated Iran Tokamak 1 (IR-T1).

oxfordresearchgroup.org.uk...

Theres 21 of these around the world for research and each is incredibly valuable for next generation of power research.

so much so , that when COMPASS was decommisioned in the UK , the entire thing was bought by the czech republic.

www.ipp.cas.cz...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Stupid decision by the democrat President of the time, but then Foreign POlicy rarely sees 40 years into the future

[edit on 5-10-2009 by blueorder]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Just like Saddam's "WMD" we sold them the technology and now they're the bad guy..Does anyone think that maybe it's time to start reevaluating our foreign policy? The Bush administration recently sold the Saudi's components of nuclear technology, are we to invade the Saudi's in 15 to 30 years over their nuclear programs? It's time to start looking at the facts and stop listening to the war propaganda-Propaganda that is selling us the Iranians as evil seekers of WMD. THIS CRAP HAS GOT TO STOP.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Just like Saddam's "WMD" we sold them the technology and now they're the bad guy..Does anyone think that maybe it's time to start reevaluating our foreign policy? The Bush administration recently sold the Saudi's components of nuclear technology, are we to invade the Saudi's in 15 to 30 years over their nuclear programs? It's time to start looking at the facts and stop listening to the war propaganda-Propaganda that is selling us the Iranians as evil seekers of WMD. THIS CRAP HAS GOT TO STOP.

two issues there- I agree much of the US foreign policy is rather short term in outlook, but think we should be vary wary of a nuclear armed Iran (regardless of how they first got the knowledge) when ruled by a man who threatens to wipe Israel off the map and pretends there are no homosexuals in Iran

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

It isn't our job to police the world. Iran has no history of attacking it's neighbours. As a matter of fact Iran has been the constant victim of aggression by proxy. The Shah anyone? We caused the problems we're seeing in Iran, and while I am against the proliferation of nuclear weapons, it does not surprise me that they would want to seek a weapon in a world where war seems to be the only way our government deals with countries that don't do what our government wants them to do. Such actions are not just internationally illegal, they are unconstitutional. We are the victim of our own policies and it is high time we start to realize it and deal with it.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Ok,

That is why I keep coming back to ATS everyday.

I never knew the USA had given Iran the nuclear stepping stone in 1967.

Great info. Thanks

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
What else is new? The issues that we have with the Middle East today are ones we helped to create.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by The-Hammer
reply to post by RoofMonkey

Exactly...

When was that again....?

Ummm. it's on the tip of my tongue.

Wait it's coming...

Oh in the middle of the cold war about a million years ago which has nothing really to do with the present situation other than to take jabs at the US

nope, this only show how
"clever" are people who
are leaders of the US
and how they don't learn
on their mistakes

and also since you vote for them
it shows how much intelligence
you have too

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
thank you so very kindly for taking the time to look this up as yesterday there where alot of atsers scratching there heads in what america should do. MY ANSWER STAY THE HECK ON OUT OF THIS AS WE CAUSED THE MESS TO BEGIN WITH

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It was also Uncle Sam who told Sadaam Hussien it was OK to invade Kwuait (we USA would not intravien) (source alludes me - call me on it and I will find it again for you guys) [Lindsey Williams was on the same show so I can find it again].

and then we went to kwuait and said for 6 billion we will get your country back for you Emire... OK.... double dealing will get you shot in the old west.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join