It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida cop attempts drive-by Tasering, runs over suspect

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Florida cop attempts drive-by Tasering, runs over suspect

rawstory.com

'Where you at?' officer allegedly asked as suspect lay under squad car

The police department in Pensacola, Florida, has suspended an officer who allegedly attempted to Taser a suspect from inside his squad car before running the man over, resulting in the suspect's death, news reports say.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
To Quote the the immortal Homer Simpson " doh ! " .

Ok what was this " Cop " thinking ?

If you read the the report posted on the link you will find that the event was very gruesome and truly sad .

We seem to hear far to many stories such as this one about some law enforcement officer doing something really stupid with a Taser , what gives ?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Seems like florida cops are THE worst in this country. I hear too much form to many about florida pigs..bunch of goombyas..

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
what a horrible driver.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I'm getting so used to seeing this type of behavior out of cops that there just isn't any shock value anymore. It's going to continue and get worse as long as we allow it.
S&F

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
what a stupid cop. Trying to taser someone from his car window while driving? isn't that illegal? I hope he is sent to jail, although I highly doubt he will be severely punished

However, before everyone starts stereotyping all cops saying they are evil, brutes, idiots, etc. don't forget that the majority of cops try to uphold the law. This is an example of the bad apples, who unfortunately are the only ones who seem to make the news. the good cops, which i'm sure are the majority, are ignored by the media.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
What would really of made this funny, like a turn around.

Was if he tried to taser, but forgot to roll the window down, and it bounced and tasered him!

Now that would've ended funny!

Otherwise, it's sad, stupidity at it's worst.

According to witnesses quoted by the News Journal, when the suspect got onto a bicycle and fled the construction site, Officer Ard pursued in hi

He may of been stealing from the construction site, which is bad.

But is death really, the best punishment for that?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

would be a classic.

the cop seemed to fail at trying a new way to catch people or just very lazy.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
You get a star and flag for making me crack up laughing when I saw this title.

This stupid cop must have had some baaaaaaad karma!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Its nice to know (barfs) that if a citizen did this, they would have earned the status of murderer...if the citizen is wearing a state or city approved badge* its s misdimenor

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I'll do it - I'll be the one to say it since....Here goes:

"If he didn't want to be tortured and summarily executed he shouldn't have stole an inanimate object"

You just know some cop lover will show up and try to justify this...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
He may of been stealing from the construction site, which is bad.

But is death really, the best punishment for that?

In this economy with revenues falling off, it's more expedient and cheaper than due process and incarceration. Win for the taxpayer! These kinds of fine upstanding officers should be applauded for their efficiency. /sarcasm

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
What happens if you tazer and drive right over a traffic cop ?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
What happens if you tazer and drive right over a traffic cop ?

5,000 points, slightly 1,000 more points then hitting an old lady.

and 500 more then hitting an old lady with a child.

Surprisingly I learned the point rules in church.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
SnF to OP!!! Thank you for this posting

When I was a teenager and Kent State shootings happened about a week later there was a news flash from some head LEO. "What is all this talk about us being PIGs? Next time you are in trouble call a hippy!"

Well that is some 40 years ago I call them once. I knew who robbed my house as they came back from overseas in the service with a monkey on their back. I was trying to get the cops to visit this guy. They hung about for hours finger printing what was not stolen. This left far more damage other than the broken window the thief did to get in. After when leaving the police officers said that since my so called friend has been in my house his finger prints would not be evidence and no they had no witnesses so there no reason for them to check my former friends house.

I got a few of my friends from University - yep you got it hippys and we went to my former friends house and retrieved my stuff.... My ex friend said in his defence that he thought I had insurance.....

That was 28 years ago. I would rather trust a stranger than call a LEO.

LEO's are like a box of chocolates you never know what you will get!

This story sort of proves my point to everyone who I tried to explain the above who after hearing the story call me a cop hating nut.

What did the victim in this posting do to warrant a Judge, Jury and Executioner in one LEO?

[edit on 10/4/2009 by IceHappy]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Seems like florida cops are THE worst in this country. I hear too much form to many about florida pigs..bunch of goombyas.....

Its nice to know (barfs) that if a citizen did this, they would have earned the status of murderer...if the citizen is wearing a state or city approved badge* its s misdimenor

We've had problems with our police state-wide for some time. Entire departments have been written about in the mainstream media after massive criminal behavior. I believe the militarization of the police during the drug war (and lack of supervision) are the major factors in the misbehavior of our law enforcement. As bad as drugs are, I can't comprehend why we allow these out-of-control police, prosecutors and judges to run roughshod over our Constitutional rights. I don't know how these people can think of themselves as Americans when they are the antithesis of everything our country has historically stood for.

I've watched north Florida turn from a quiet, rural farming area to an area where the main industry is prisons. When the prisons and secure facilities move in, the police and local governments are infected with a form of authoritarianism. This radical (terrorist-like) belief system brings many very unacceptable problem behaviors.

A few years ago, 8 prison guards murdered a 14-year-old boy at a sheriff's “boot camp”. The beating prior to the death was captured on video. Unfortunately, the state degraded the video before releasing it to the public. The quality was so poor that you could not tell animate from inanimate objects. As you pointed out -- You think you and I could get away with this bull#? What's bad is that this is just a continuation of the practice of beating and killing kids 30 years ago at the reform school in Marianna, Florida.

Originally posted by icehappy

LEO's are like a box of chocolates you never know what you will get!

So true.

Some people were meant to be police officers. Cool, calm, collected, professional. Unfortunately, I believe over 50% of our law enforcement are not qualified to be police officers by temperament or training. Today's radical indoctrination does not count as 'training' by any stretch of the imagination.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Let me guess. The cop got away with it.

We need to start arresting these cops people!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The guy was still underneath his car. You can still see his red shoe sticking out.”

Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Oh jeez.

This is why I hate living in Florida.

I personally think tasers have given more people license to do stupid things. This is one of them.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Nothings shocking. He'll get a slap on the wrist. Now if any of us did that...we'd be off to see Bubba.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join