It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all American soldiers - Learn from this man

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

"I am truly sorry for what I did in Iraq and I am sorry for the pain my actions, and the actions of my co-defendants, have caused you and your family. I imagine it is a pain that I cannot fully comprehend or appreciate. I helped to destroy a family and end the lives of four of my fellow human beings, and I wish that I could take it back, but I cannot. And, as inadequate as this apology is, it is all I can give you."

thecommonills.blogspot.com...

What a humble apology, please, I beg you, write an apology letter showing your regret. Showing that the lives lost in Iraq were unjustified for, and your decision to follow your corrupt leaders were also unjustified due to the fact that you have brains, make your own decisions.

Show here, in this thread, that you, an American soldiers, is also a human being with emotions, that you are not a robot doing the dirty work of some.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/10/2009 by Mirthful Me]

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
There is no need in soldiers apologizing for anything.

Our president is doing a fine job apologizing to the world for their actions on his own.

The day we give up on our soldiers is the day when this country is a lost cause.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Where did this apology come from?

What were the circumstances that prompted it?

It is customary to provide a source link for any excerpt you post.

Edit: I'll help you out:

Friday morning, War Criminal Steven D. Green appeared in the Paducah Division of the US District Court's Western District of Kentucky Courthouse to be sentenced for his War Crimes. March 12, 2006, he participated in the gang-rape of Abeer Qassim Hamza al-Janabi and then murdered her as he had earlier murdered both of her parents and her five-year-old sister.
Source: thirdestatesundayreview.blogspot.com...

This statement was a part of the confession of a rapist and war criminal. Now you ask for every soldier to apologize similarly? How dare you suggest that all soldiers are war criminals!

I have disagreed with many here on ATS, some civilly, some vehemently. Yet never, in the years I have frequented this forum, have I seen such unabashed ignorance and arrogance! You, sir, should be ashamed of yourself.

TheRedneck

[edit on 10/3/2009 by TheRedneck]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

and the actions of my co-defendants

So, was this statement made in a court by a soldier being tried for some crime? It sounds that way. I wouldn't try to extropolate from that situation that it should be the same for all soldiers that fought in Iraq. Yes, there are horrors that occur in war. War in itself, is a horror.

I wasn't in Iraq. I don't feel a need to apologize for the things I did. I wish they didn't have to be, but they were, and I did what I had to. I wish the world had been a different place back then, one that didn't necessitate me or anyone else going into combat. I wish the world were a different place now.

I carry my own load, that of responsibilities and intent and consequences. I will probably always do so. It is my load to carry, and nobody else's.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Thanks, Redneck for providing the link. I didn't see it before my post, but it just reinforces my stance, at least to me.

We all have to take responsibility for our actions. We have to sleep at night. Many of us are able to strike a balance which allows both to occur.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
ETA: irrelevant now, posted before the link went up* disregard*

(he and his co-defendants)

Well, sounds like he's being investigated for doing something he shouldn't ... of course, without a linked source, I'm just speculating ... was that your intention?

[edit on 3-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Yeah, I'll get right on that, Oozyism.

I don't have anything to apologize for.

Hey, how about the insurgents apologizing for bombing markets and killing civilians? You know, their primary targets.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I had a sneaking suspicion that this was more than met the eye. I just quickly googled the first sentence and there before me was an entire page devoted to criminal acts during wartime. The link I provided was just one of many.

It sounds as though you yourself are a soldier. If so, please allow me to thank you for your service and bravery.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I completely disrespect the manner in which you crafted your OP around this soldier's statement. I think you purposely ommitted the link in order to stir the soup. It's against my personal policy to mark ATS members as "respected foes"; But for the "respect" part, you would be the first.

I don't mind your apparent agenda (as demonstrated by this thread and your previous one) -- many people have agendas, whether they view them as that. I'm even glad that you are able to post ideas such as this, even though your tricks disgust me. Those are freedoms enjoyed by the many, borne on the backs of the brave.

Enjoy your treats, they were hard won.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Thank you as well, friend. Soldier no more for me, at least in body, if not in spirit, but yes, at one time. Things like this OP and the subterfuge stir things in me that feel like vengence and are admittedly misplaced in this arena.

cheers

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
As an OIF veteran you know not of what you speak. There is nothing I did in service to this country I need to apologize for. Maybe you need to reconsider your attitude towards servicemen and women.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Would almost seem justifiable (to me) to ask to have a hoax tag slapped on this.

Almost.

Particularly disgusting, I'll give you that.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Come on OP, tell us how you really feel. Tell us how you badly you hate Americans.

I've seen many of your posts, and find your inability to realize that you're posting things like this, in a forum frequented by adults, both disgusting and insulting at the same time.

I strongly feel a mod should give you a warning for your feeble efforts in circumventing the rules.

Using the words of a criminal, and attempting to coerce men and women to publicly apologize, by playing on a guilt they might carry, for doing their job is, in all honesty, reprehensible.

To those men and women who did serve their country when it was asked of them, you have my support.

I hope I haven't crossed that line either, but I'm struggling to find weaker words.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I had a nice long comment all thought out and ready to go, but sometimes trash is just trash. If you get my point. Welcome to ignore.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I do apologize.

I apologize for not putting you on the ignore list the first time I read your drivel.

I apologize that my buddies died over there and you are alive holed up in your mommas basement.

If I apologize any more I will get a site ban.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Ok, Jane Fonda- unless you've been to war and have seen what really goes on, please just keep your uninformed baffoonery to yourself. If the SHTF, the military may be the one thing that keeps people like you alive.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
That is one of the most disingenuous posts I have seen in a long time, Mr OP. Prepare for the flaming for which you so rightly deserve.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
There is no need in soldiers apologizing for anything.

Our president is doing a fine job apologizing to the world for their actions on his own.

The day we give up on our soldiers is the day when this country is a lost cause.

I'm assuming you are talking about P. Obama, umm they have called it a mistake, but other than that I haven't heard any apologies.

Please if you have share it with me. I will do my research to make sure.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

This statement was a part of the confession of a rapist and war criminal. Now you ask for every soldier to apologize similarly? How dare you suggest that all soldiers are war criminals!

Read the apology again:

"I am truly sorry for what I did in Iraq and I am sorry for the pain my actions, and the actions of my co-defendants, have caused you and your family. I imagine it is a pain that I cannot fully comprehend or appreciate. I helped to destroy a family and end the lives of four of my fellow human beings, and I wish that I could take it back, but I cannot. And, as inadequate as this apology is, it is all I can give you."

Now tell me: has the actions of any soldier caused any pain to any one in Iraq?
Now tell me: has any action helped to destroy any families?
Now tell me: Was the Iraq war unjustified for?
Now tell me: Did any innocent people die in direct result of this aggressive war?
Now tell me: The soldiers that caused so much pain and misery in Iraq for implementing an unjustified war, you don't think any apology is needed.

Yes it was the government's decision, but it was the soldiers who implemented the plan. Do you think any apology, I will reiterate, any apology is needed for the Iraqi lives that you have destroyed.

For god sakes, because of your actions millions of families were displaced, do they at least deserve an apology?

Or do you propose a war is a war, humanity should forget and forgive.

I have disagreed with many here on ATS, some civilly, some vehemently. Yet never, in the years I have frequented this forum, have I seen such unabashed ignorance and arrogance! You, sir, should be ashamed of yourself.

Did I offend you, you have to tell me why you are offended. I will eagerly wait for your reply.

The apology letter is an example, the meaning of the message is the important part of this thread, not the individual who wrote it. By the way he was a war criminal & a rapist, & an American soldier. Being a rapist and a war criminal doesn't mean he wasn't an American soldier, which is something you seem to be pushing.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by oozyism]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by oozyism

I completely disrespect the manner in which you crafted your OP around this soldier's statement. I think you purposely ommitted the link in order to stir the soup. It's against my personal policy to mark ATS members as "respected foes"; But for the "respect" part, you would be the first.

So you don't believe the apology letter is important?

Do you believe any American soldier has done any thing wrong at all? This is weird, do you guys really believe you are saints when you have bombed the hell out of two nations without any justifiable cause. Come on man, let's give this discussion a real try, emotions won't help.

I don't mind your apparent agenda (as demonstrated by this thread and your previous one) -- many people have agendas, whether they view them as that. I'm even glad that you are able to post ideas such as this, even though your tricks disgust me. Those are freedoms enjoyed by the many, borne on the backs of the brave.

Enjoy your treats, they were hard won.

What agenda? The only agenda in my mind is to start productive discussions, you don't believe a soldier should apologize for implementing an unjustified war?

How many people have died because of the unjustified war in Iraq? More than a million, do the soldiers believe they played any part in those deaths? OMG you guys have been brainwashed if you are made to believe that, it just goes to show.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join