It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Is Unreal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
A fascinating article regarding science. It simply illustrates that science is at the end of the day no different than having a belief system. Many beliefs are proven through assumptions, this article proves that science is simply doing the same thing.

If we are to accept our observations of falling apples as proof of the law of gravity we must first assume several things, for instance, that our eyes accurately perceive the motion of the apple, that our ruler accurately measures the distance the apple travels, and that our watch correctly records the time it takes for it to drop. If confronted with the question "does the ruler you are using shrink and grow if you look at it while moving at different speeds?", most of us would laugh and say to ourselves of course it doesn't, a fixed length is what makes a ruler a ruler. We would think the person asking the question would have us questioning whether the apple is real.

more...

Indeed I would have you question all "scientific facts", for a scientist named Einstein shook the assumptions about distance, time, and space that scientists had relied on for thousands of years. In his theory of relativity he "proved" the length measured on a "perfect" ruler and the time measured on a "perfect" clock vary according to the relative motion of one object to another.

www.lifenotes.org...

Have a good read, I'm sure anyone and everyone will at least enjoy it even if they don't accept it.

Thanks for your time

oozy

[edit on 3-10-2009 by oozyism]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Very interesting post, S&F!

Personally, if I see something with my own eyes, I believe it. Everything else, I'll remain skeptical about.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by suicide__x

Personally, if I see something with my own eyes, I believe it. Everything else, I'll remain skeptical about.

An interesting position as the article uses things you cannot see with your own eyes (quantum) or are not significant enough (relativistic effects) to be a notable factor in the daily life before your eyes.

Don't believe these words, the transistors involved and the electrons they control to bring you them are too small to see.

"Reality Is Unreal" simply means to me that it possesses natures counter to what it aparently is, not that it is "phoney".

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

People like Chris Angel and David Blaine must just totally rock your world then?

Personally I don't believe everything I see...

Is not our eyesight based on visualizing em wavelengths of a certain frequency spectrum? Is not a rock made up of a specific vibrational frequency that can be theoretically altered to morph into a completely different concept item just by changing said frequency?

I'm not sure that I believe in anything I see...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by IronDogg

Then you will love the idea that the universe is a hologram

Universe = Hologram

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by IronDogg

People like Chris Angel and David Blaine must just totally rock your world then?

Personally I don't believe everything I see...

Is not our eyesight based on visualizing em wavelengths of a certain frequency spectrum? Is not a rock made up of a specific vibrational frequency that can be theoretically altered to morph into a completely different concept item just by changing said frequency?

I'm not sure that I believe in anything I see...

Maybe I should've phrased it a little better.

I don't mean I believe everything I see. I will, obviously, decide for myself if something I see is real or not - e.g. illusions etc.

But in general, regarding an apple falling or UFO's or ghosts or whatever, I need to see something to be able to say I believe it's real or not.

Does that make any more sense, 'cause I've confused myself.

KJ

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Thats the misconception.

Effect on quantum or even tinier level DO efect daily life, since everything seeems to be interconnected

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Your thread and links remind me of a show I had seen on TV. It went over the aspect of reality becoming real when one perceives it. What 2 people see at one event can be like night and day. Does this mean their are 2 different versions of reality or ones own perception of it?

I believe their is gold at the end of rainbows. Does this mean it is real? or my perception of reality?

I could use that gold right now.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamitrios
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Thats the misconception.

Effect on quantum or even tinier level DO efect daily life, since everything seeems to be interconnected

It's no misconception to state that it isn't readily apparent with rulers, lightbulbs or the like. The "strange" behavior is normally subtle but magnified and made visible by specially designed experiments or devices.

At least two kinds of interconnection are manifest: one by apparent causality and one by apparent acausality.

top topics

join