It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time's up. The countdown has begun...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Not the end of the world (as we know it) yet, but dire times are in store. Your question?...Why do "they" think this will happen??? OK. There is no changing the past. Right?.We agree...So, if the the future could be altered, then the past must be also. (think about it). Since there has been no paradox, it CANNOT happen. My point?...The future cannot be changed. If you had a glimpse, even close to what may happen, would you take heed? I have been following webbot project, Terrence McKenna's timewave zero/one, MIT's GCP, Mayan calendar, etc., for over one year now. As I have stated in my previous posts, Please prepare your family. I have been instructed to give you this advice.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cellardoor1976
Not the end of the world (as we know it) yet, but dire times are in store. Your question?...Why do "they" think this will happen???

I have been following webbot project, Terrence McKenna's timewave zero/one, MIT's GCP, Mayan calendar, etc., for over one year now. As I have stated in my previous posts, Please prepare your family. I have been instructed to give you this advice.

Ill bite, who instructed you?

[edit on 2-10-2009 by liveandletlive]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
My heart. Why does it always have to be a conspiracy? Ha wait...Where am I at???

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Again, this is only based on perception of the unknown. If you do not know what is going to happen in the future exactly, you are left to fear-mongering. Why worry?

Dire times are always in existence - it just swings from one spot to another. Could you accurately define what "dire times" are in store for homeless people or people starving daily, terminally ill persons? My point is live in the now and not what is going to happen, because you have no idea what is to happen and are left with fear or optimism, both of which are not founded on anything but a perception of the unknown.
Really.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

My heart. Why does it always have to be a conspiracy? Ha wait...Where am I at???

It is conspiracy because there is a lack of facts. If not conspiracy, then certainly exaggeration.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Then this message is not meant for you.

Its never meant for people who like to ask qustions! Maybe you should ask you heart what the winning numbers are for the lottery. At least that way you can aford to prepare or help someone else.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I predict that the dollar is going to crash and burn on October 5, 2009. It would be interesting if it did huh.
I wonder if I should get all my money out of the C.U. well I guess money wouldn't be worth anything anyway right.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the advice I will pay attention.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
To the OP

Cellardoor1976, I think you mean well when you try to warn people at large. However, your warning needs to be credible for people to believe in them.

Credibility comes from two forms - the bearer of the news and or the source of the news added to the content.

People dont intend to disrespect you when they ask for proof. If you stop reacting emotionally to people who dont seem to believe what you are saying and think about the credibility part, you will realise that as credibility goes, you havent scored too many brownie points.

So the questions are as follows:

Nature, content and timeline of the warning

Source

As of now, you have plucked a statement out of air(no credibility), posted it in cyberspace and expect ATSers to follow and obey?

Somehow, dont ask me why, cant see that happening.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
There so no time as we perceive it ... just cycles. So NO you can not change past nor can you change future ... you live in current moment ... decesions that you make now will affect decisions you make tomorow ... as simple as that.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

The truth finally comes out. "If you don't agree with me, then f"k y'all." It is more sad than funny that you are that small-minded.
All we are asking for is some damn sources or even logic.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Here's a dire prediction for you;

Currently; 6.78 Billion humans on the planet.

By 2040; 9 billion plus.
The Earth is at maximum sustainability, nearing overload, and then will shutdown as eco-systems die.

Right now, the oceans cannot sustain viable fishing. Every major species of fish, that is commercially netted for food, has fallen below the recovery point. Ocean Salmon in particular, have been deemed to be past the point of no return. Others are soon to follow suit.

In the most important areas of the earth where farming is crucial, the fertile top soils are less than 1/4 of an inch deep. Most of those have been ruined because of over chemical fertilization. The rest is being lost to erosion.

The world is running out fresh water. Desalinated sea water, has proven to be less than ideal for irrigation. By 2040, and 9 billion people, there will not be enough water to support them.

As the oceans become more acidic, and warmer, sea life will die. It already is.

If the earths average mean temperature rises by more than 1 degree Celsius, from where it is now, it will reach the tipping point.

Now mix in man's insanity, and propensity to wage war over resources ,not excluding the proliferation of nuclear weapons...and there you have it! End Game!

I doubt very much that three quarters of those who are members here, will be alive in 20+ years. I won't be. I'd be over eighty. Something will get me between now and then. Probably a bullet!

We are all in trouble. The countdown started a long time ago. The last few minutes remain. TICK! TICK! TICK! TICK! TICK!.......

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well, it's important to realize that everything we do, no matter how minor is leading up to what is to come. Unless we alter our actions, THINK, there is no changing the future.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Although unlikely, you can't rule out Ragnarok.

It could happen.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Top 10 Reasons For The End Of The World As We Know It

All items listed below are in progress and can not be disproved.

1. New one world government and/or one forced religion.

2. War created in the middle east spreading to major regions.

3. Major weather and climate changes through out the planet.

4. Plague and/or Starvation due to drought and water shortage.

5. Large solar storms and/or collisions with earth.

6. Population control implemented by governments through out.

7. Economy and/or commercial collapse of major regions.

8. Hadron Collider project taking place in Europe.

9. Revolts and/or unrest due to any of the predicted events.

10. Rapture and/or the return of Jesus Christ to earth.

join