It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survive the Worlds 10 Most Dangerous Roads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Its incredible how many people die needlessly in car accidents, but looking at these roads easily explains why they are so dangerous. If you think you have seen some bad roads to travel on in your country, check out these roads.

www.oddee.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I saw a show on this road:

The North Yungas Road, also known as The Death Road, is a 61 to 69 km road leading from La Paz to Coroico (Bolivia's capital, to the Amazon region) in the Yungas region of Bolivia. It is legendary for its extreme danger: in 1995 the Inter-American Development Bank christened it as the "world's most dangerous road. " One estimate is that 200-300 travelers were killed yearly along the road. The road includes crosses marking many of the spots where such vehicles have fallen.

The video in the link may be it, I didn't look. Anyone who drives this road is insane, plain and simple, especially with the new road bypassing it. Crazy stuff, I got serious vertigo watching some of the clips from that road.

Some real cool pics of other roads in that link. Thay all look pretty scary. Idon't think I'll be traveling any of them.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Hi The Loony,

There is a terribly dangerous road out in Colorado in the USA. I had my Jeep in 1st gear and it was climbing the road at an absolute crawl going upward. The drivers side was a sheer drop off down several hundred feet and the road was made up of large rocks from the latest avalanche going across the whole area, at both ends of the road it warns "Danger Avalanche Area". That was a very scary road, and I haven't gone back; yet. But it sure was an adrenaline rush for about an hour while traveling it.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Im not sure how accurate this list is as they only list the number of deaths in a few of the places.

top topics

join