It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unlawful assembly

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
So if the purpose of not getting permits and just causing havoc is to bring attention to your cause then what is the cause?

I havn't watched many of the videos, but I've seen almost no signs. One guy just yelled through a microphone about how he didn't have free speach... And he didn't see the irony in the fact that he was yelling that through a megaphone while the cops just stood there and watched.

So what is the message? They don't like the leaders of nations getting together and trying to come up with solutions to problems? Would the protestors prefer that the heads of state didn't try and work together? Would they be happier if the countries included in the G20 just lobbed bombs at each other instead?

Seriously what are these people protesting anyway?

It looks to me like most are just there to antagonise and provoke the police so that they can get thrown to the ground and then put the video on youtube. I don't see any message other than the police are bad and then they try and prove the cops are evil by breaking the law and not leaving when they are told to leave.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The key clue in the amendments here is

Congress shall make no law respecting /shall not be infringed

So if you want a Tank, yes, they cannot make a law against you having a Tank, that was the whole point in the amendments so that the People held the power, This the Bench Kings have nullified with unlawful rulings.

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Are these people treasonous...some yes, usually the leaders but not always and as a general rule, no. They are mostly just protesters, people in the cross fire and or useful idiots.

The Chief of Police has the duty to uphold the law. So...if a protest of an event turns violent consistently and regularly, the proper preemptive action would be to stop them before they got that far. How do you know? Key indicators like leaders of trouble making groups showing up. Fires, broken windows, rocks being thrown and dumpsters being driven into police lines. People wearing headbands and shirts and other symbols that identify them and unify them as such in a group known and seen making trouble. Like the Anarchists.

You have the right of protest, but you do not have the right to infringe others rights in so doing to their life, liberty and property or the use of it.

Its really hard for a BBS and Youtube Warrior to know when that line has been crossed by looking through our Goggles. When Protest turns to Treason. When Police upholding the Law, turns to Police Brutality. Both sides are equal in their flaws. You use the power you wield in your hands liberally and as a group, if you do not have a conscientious leader, the group will turn into a MOB. Mob of protesters, Mob of Police and LEO's. They both suffer from Human Weaknesses.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by photobug

if everyone else gets to abuse authority, why not the chief of police? just saying. i agree with u though.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

He is human and during times of great stress, human can sometimes fail their own convictions. So yeah, I suppose this could happen and more then likely does happen.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Unlawful assembly is absolutely correct. what Washington doesn't understand is these people are not coming to each of these events
-- they are local people for the most part. so assuming this "assumption"
We The People are Unanimous -- and Washington DC just doesnt know how to control the situation of it being fired by the people it serves and the only support mechanisms are the ones that have been lying to the people. giving them false memories and the like... E Plurabus Unium is correct. now what are we going to do with this 325 million pissed off FreeMen.
the path of least resistance is to deny authority and challenge at every venue. and with every esculation of weapons - they lose a organization.
they lied to us the people and it cost them ACORN.
they used sound weapons on the people. I wonder what its gonna cost them this time....? any idea's...?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 0neKnows

YOu have the right to take a different street. The protesters were there first.

If you see someone occupying a parkbench, are you going to call the cops to kick his ass off of it, because you have a right to sit there?

Nevermind . . . you guys probably would.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tranewreck17
I think you guys are missing something very important about the idea of protesting. The whole point is to disrupt the normal way of life. Buying an ad on tv does nothing but waste time between whatever show people are watching. Protesting is about getting in the middle of the road and disrupting everyones day to day life in order to force action.

And I would very strongly disagree with that. That may be the 'idea', but it doesn't mean you have a legal right to do it. Your first amendment rights extend only to the point where someone else's rights begin. You have no legal right under the first amendment to disrupt anyone's life or damage their property under any circumstances.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I see lots of crying of the denial of 1st amendment right to peacefully assemble, to freely speak you opinion especially when the message is to state a specific grievance against actions of the government.

The police chief, via tape recorded loudspeaker, has determined it is an illegal demonstration. I suppose that means no permit, no permission constitutional or not.

Why don't these geniuses read the next paragraph and carry? Simple really, reply via your own bullhorn that the right to peacefully assemble is constitutionally guaranteed and will be enforced by the second amendment if THEY do not disperse and move on?

Seriously, a shield wall of officers in riot gear is not going to stand off versus armed citizens that give them a countdown and begin barking orders over a bullhorn to form ranks and prepare to lay down suppression fire.

Always remember that police officers are doing a job. They are regular people with families, houses and lives outside of work. Give them the courtesy of announcing a single volley warning shot over their heads when their time is up and see if they do not start breaking ranks. Failure to take your group seriously at that point or any hostile action at any point give the order to fire at will.

Yep, heavy handed tactics and yes people will indeed die by your direct action. But if your cause is truly just and you are honestly protecting yourself from the actions of a real enemy, then you should have no problem taking it to this point, right?

Or is there something about your cause, or your message or your convictions that would make this course of action wrong? If so, then maybe you need to reevaluate your position.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

i could see this happening in the near future if they continue to steam roll the constitution, AND the dollar continues to plummet.

but, they are ready. anyone who tries to muster up a group of violent protesters will be caught talking about it on the phone through the unwarranted wiretapping laws, and then will be quietly removed from 'society' (outdoor prison, lol), and put into indoor prison.
anyone training for such action will be picked up by satellite, and will be nipped in the bud.

the ONLY way the above bloody scenario will happen is with a catalyzing event, like, for example, an executive order that democracy and the constitution have been suspended, or a de facto act indirectly saying the same.
although, with the internet, a good meme could take hold the same way "4:20" has.
revolution is not called revolution for nothing. it is a cycle. when "they" push the wheel of injustice hard enough, the worm will turn, if i can mix my metaphors.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
You can legally protest, you just can't legally damage someone's property or assault them by throwing things at them. That is the difference between a peaceful, lawful assembly and what some have chosen to do in Pittsburgh.

Well-said, Jenna.

Originally posted by MkUltraman
This is my favorite video from the Protests:

www.youtube.com...

Do you know what he did that compelled the "authorities" to arrest him?

The G-20 Joint Information Center, which can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx, issued this statement to me which explains exactly what is going on in that video:

The individuals involved in the 9/24/2009 arrest which has appeared online are law enforcement officers from a multi-agency tactical response team assigned to the security operations for the G20.

It is not unusual for tactical team members to wear camouflaged fatigues. The type of fatigues the officers wear designates their unit affiliation. Prior to the arrest, the officers observed this subject vandalizing a local business. Due to the hostile nature of the crowd, officer safety and the safety of the person under arrest, the subject was immediately removed from the area.

So, yes, the video is real. However, it wasn’t the military and the guy wasn’t being kidnapped. Instead he was being arrested for vandalism.

Edited to remove telephone number.

Source

Those who had permits had peaceful protests. Thousands of of legitimate protesters were permitted to have their say.

Like This

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

But in all the videos I have seen, the protesters were basically antagonized by the LEO's.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

You just have to follow the links posted by Benevolent Heretic, it's not that hard.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
Just get a permit.

A little trick from the entertainment industry. They usually get permits to shoot. Same idea, just get a city permit and you can do what you want.

From my experience that doesn't work....

From 1977 - 1983 I marched in SF Ca with The Viet Nams Against the War on Vets day. Each year we went to the federal building and requested a parade permit. Considering it was Veterans Day Parade and we were all Vets the permit would be granted for sure. Never was and never will. Who was in the Veterans Day Parade? NG, Reservist, ROTC High School, ROTC University and a few others who have not served! Where were the true Veterans? Marching up and down on the sidewalk with cops surrounding us. How did they know we were Vets most of couse were wearing campaign medals, purple hearts etc. When your group is against the establisment you have no right to a parade permit...

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I was talking about this same subject with a man yesterday. Basically what he told me is that the protesters were stupid and that they should have just done what the police said, because the police have that right, and if people don't obey the police they can be arrested!

All I had to say to that is WTF!

So now we're just supposed to do what we're told, obey the police? Last I heard the police force was running off all our tax dollars, as is the entire government.

I wonder what would happen if everyone, or even a good portion of the people, just stopped paying their taxes.
What people need to realize also is that the police and the government are all PEOPLE. THEY ARE PEOPLE. They eat, sleep, and breathe. They are no better than anyone of us and have absolutely NO NATURAL AUTHORITY over another being. Just sayin...

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sr_robert1
What people need to realize also is that the police and the government are all PEOPLE. THEY ARE PEOPLE. They eat, sleep, and breathe. They are no better than anyone of us and have absolutely NO NATURAL AUTHORITY over another being. Just sayin...
They have no natural authority, but they have social authority, either direct or indirect.

As far as I know that's why you have elections, to elect the ones you think are the best, so they have implicit authority over other people.

That authority is passed down to other non-elected people chosen by the one that were elected.

The only way of not having any authority over you is to find a country that is running under a anarchic system, that's the only system that does not have any hierarchy.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

You just have to follow the links posted by Benevolent Heretic, it's not that hard.

I have seen all the videos, thanks.

Like I said . . . the police are antagonizing the protesters.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
But in all the videos I have seen, the protesters were basically antagonized by the LEO's.

In all the snippets of videos I've seen, there's no way we can possibly tell what happened before the incident in the video... All we see are LEOs trying to get people to move or at the point where violence is breaking out. We have no idea why or what took place to cause it.

I have to ask myself - why post a 13 second video? Why not go ahead and let us see WHY the LEOs are clearing the street or WHY they resorted to pepper spray? Let's see the minute or so before the cop knocked the kid off the bike or whatever.

People are making judgments about the police action based on incomplete information.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
My house is right in the middle of spot of the protests Thursday afternoon. It is NOT true that the demonstrators 'went nuts' and trashed the neighborhood. No one in the neighborhood was assaulted and no one's homes were burned, bashed, or broken. As a matter of fact, the police bombardment started before most even left the park that acted as a meeting place. Also, the G20 Resistance Project, the local group responsible for organizing the events of Thursday afternoon, has already stated that they STRONGLY suspect agitator infiltration.

reply to post by photobug

Generally speaking, a bunch of people standing around being peaceful aren't going to get too much flak over it from the cops. But a group of people damaging property, throwing things at the police, etc. are definitely going to catch a lot of flak. I've read several news articles about the Pittsburgh protests and there's been a lot of people using it as an excuse to go nuts and do the things listed above.

You can legally protest, you just can't legally damage someone's property or assault them by throwing things at them. That is the difference between a peaceful, lawful assembly and what some have chosen to do in Pittsburgh.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Notice what is said there, people are able to have their say as long as the authorities permit them to have their say. What if authority doesn't like what I have to say? Tear gas and sonic cannons.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Well-said, Jenna.

Originally posted by MkUltraman
This is my favorite video from the Protests:

www.youtube.com...

Do you know what he did that compelled the "authorities" to arrest him?

The G-20 Joint Information Center, which can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx, issued this statement to me which explains exactly what is going on in that video:

The individuals involved in the 9/24/2009 arrest which has appeared online are law enforcement officers from a multi-agency tactical response team assigned to the security operations for the G20.

It is not unusual for tactical team members to wear camouflaged fatigues. The type of fatigues the officers wear designates their unit affiliation. Prior to the arrest, the officers observed this subject vandalizing a local business. Due to the hostile nature of the crowd, officer safety and the safety of the person under arrest, the subject was immediately removed from the area.

So, yes, the video is real. However, it wasn’t the military and the guy wasn’t being kidnapped. Instead he was being arrested for vandalism.

Edited to remove telephone number.

Source

Those who had permits had peaceful protests. Thousands of of legitimate protesters were permitted to have their say.

Like This

[edit on 27-9-2009 by saulbeats]

[edit on 27-9-2009 by saulbeats]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by billybob

I am not advocating violence, just stating that sometimes you have to stand up for yourself when no one else will. Of course trying to organize a deliberate violent protest would get you nailed. Heck, I would nail you myself.

And if you have to rely on cell phones and facebook/my space postings to organize an event of that order, then your position should be immediately reevaluated, before it is done for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join