It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental Health Meds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

thank you!

and i would definitely say that my depression just comes and goes no matter how great...or sometimes not so great...my life is going.

mostly i'm happy unless something doesn't work out how i want...and then i get mad and it ruins a few hours or a few minutes...depending on my general outlook that day. i insist that a lot of it is psychic sensitivity. i know when i go to stores i get discombobulated and really grumpy for a while afterward. that could be where a degree of social anxiety comes from.
things that really get me is when there is no coffee...or i'm bored.

but hey, like i said, since i've been doing kundalini yoga i've been like, 95% better. i suggest it.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sgrrsh26

Hello,
When given a mental health drug, ask the doctor one simple question "will it cure me"?
If the so called doctor is being honest he/she will say no, it will help with the symptoms.

Not all of them are honest! Nor are many "mental health" doctors real medical doctors. I asked one when he was giving me a choice of three mind altering drugs this very same question, if they would cure me. I then brought up his legalized drug pushing. He quickly got out of his chair and visibly upset.

The "mentally ill" are manipulated and abused in my opinion in our society. Children are put on these drugs that are not only not approved of by the federal drug and food administration for children, but in fact has been linked to children having heart attacks, been linked to suicide, and even been linked to the deadly murders in our school (school shootings). All this is documented.

Parents do not have the help they need when dealing with a child that clearly needs help. A parent is on there own. We parents are lied to, we are manipulated and some are even threatened with jail time or all there children being taken away put into the governments hand if we do not comply with the doctors wishes.

I can see why some parents just give up and do what the doctors wish. However some of us fight the doctors, the school, the authorities. Some of us win, some of us dont. One learns to pick there fights wisely.

I am very against these mental health drugs. Education is the key. Proper diagnoses, and the use of historically safe drugs. Do you no some of the drugs handed out like candy are not even thoroughly tested?? How scary!!

Mass mind control and keeping the public safe from itself is what I think is going on here. Not hard to control the masses when everyone is on drugs hu??

There is only one historically tested and safe drug out there known to help with many illnesses. What 14 or something states are legal for it's use- while the federal government still fights it tooth and nail...... ridiculous! Other then this one safe drug, there are no others that are safe in my opinion.......

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by double_frick

Would you possibly check out the forms of autism out there?
Asperger's syndrome though a very high functioning form of autism is still autism.
I am no doctor..... but since we have autism in the family and what you described sounds like one of my kids. ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety,schizophrenia (and the scale of), personality disorders (ya they have there own scale these days), and a few more make up aspergers. You might just be a aspie and not no it??
And for heavens sakes these people are not dumb by any means no matter what people may tell you lol!! Smart in somethings (way to smart) but socially a little different.
Even Bill Gates is rumored to have it....

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcgrower
reply to post by double_frick

Would you possibly check out the forms of autism out there?
Asperger's syndrome though a very high functioning form of autism is still autism.
You might just be a aspie and not no it??

whoa.
i've considered that...
its a big possibility...
what would that mean, to me? i don't know too much about it...
i guess it would just mean much more what i believe, that that is just me and as long as i try to be the best me i can be then regardless of whether people think i'm weird or whatever, i should be proud. i'm getting there.
and i think people are starting to like me a little more...because i'm happier and easier to be around.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sgrrsh26

My take? Certain people need medication.

But the medication is grossly over-prescribed.

There also needs to be alternative treatment considered for patients who are not in a severe state.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
without putting up my credentials, i would just like to throw in that a drug formerly known as Survector, chemical name amineptine, would be worth researching for depression.

amineptine is not scheduled in the US, and it was denied patent by the FDA several years ago. it is stuck in a no-man's land of psychically active chemicals. it should be a good sign to you that it has NO recorded side effects, is a reasonable cure, and yet it is being suppressed. i believe that this is because it actually makes people better which is bad for pharma's business.

wait. it DOES have a recorded side effect: it has been known to heighten sexual arousal to the extent of causing spontaneous orgasm. something to do with the dopamine receptors. errr...

...i can confirm this side effect. i found some on the underground (IT IS NOT ILLEGAL!) and took it for three months last year. three very nice, un-depressed, productive months.

but i do NOT and have NEVER trusted the pills that THEY want to give me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join