It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foe lists: Are You Next?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I have been foed by a couple of people I never came across in any thread I participated, Taymour(banned) and Nventual. To me they are just trolling! I remember Questioningall(super respectful and devoted poster) having the same problem...no big deal!

If you don't mind I will add you as a friend, leveling the playing field

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

Thanks! Something a friend might do for another, I appreciate that! I would star you if I could!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Actually, it is for your efforts I am friending you, good soul

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
Who wouldn't want a foe.. think of it, what would peter griffin be without the chicken... or superman without lex luthor... or god be without the devil.... hulk hogan without andre the giant.... ernie without bert

Foes are good, creates a desire to better them with your superior ability to write creative yet compelling arguments!

Cheers to the Foe!

Peter Griffin would be nothing without his arch-nemesis the Chicken!

Don't sweat it my space cadet friend! Let them feel warm and fuzzy behind their 'foe button' and just keep posting all your awesome research for the rest of us!

-Sliadon

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I got a lot of foe messages as well when I was new here and posted enough to upset some folks. Didnt mean anything to me.

I have yet to add someone as a foe myself. Dont see the point. I wont agree/disagree with 100% of what anyone says. Also, why is someone who disagrees with me a foe? Are the threads battles to win? Someone should have told me so I could argue my points forever and ever...

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I think it might be better to just have someone u2u you and let you know you are now their foe - as opposed to being informed via automated message that you are now on an enemies list.

Or perhaps this is to help the slower people remember who their foes are. My goodness, if you cannot remember who your foes are without a list.....

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I took a look to see who foe'd you. If you are a 9/11 truther then some couple of them are self evident. I'm not a truther...yet, but I have a theory about at least one of those people being a dis-info agent.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I use an iPhone to access ATS and I'm adding foes all the time when scrolling through threads. I have to constantly check to see if I've added any more and then send U2U's to apologise!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

here... you are now my friend, not my foe

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
I think it might be better to just have someone u2u you and let you know you are now their foe - as opposed to being informed via automated message that you are now on an enemies list.

Or perhaps this is to help the slower people remember who their foes are. My goodness, if you cannot remember who your foes are without a list.....

What's a foe? Where am I? What is this I am doing? I should probably make up names for these things eh....lets see we can call this typing! Yes, that sounds good! Now lets see. Whats that coming up toward me very fast? It looks like it should have a round sort of name! Yes, Round, Tround - no, Drowned - no - wait! I have it! GROUND!! Yes that's it! Hello ground!!!

Splat.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I am not a truther, I disagree with much of the 911 theories and have one of my own, but I try not to discuss those or go onto any 911 threads, because truthers believe what they believe and if you propose anything other than that, they go off on you. I learned that way early on ATS. I had however made a statement on a thread that was asking us why do people ridicule 911 truthers and still come to ATS. I don't come here for the 911 conspiracies, and a lot of others repsonded as well, I wonder now if they are getting 'foed' all the sudden too?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I guess that 'foe' on ATS means anyone you might disagree with or do not wish to debate with.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Foes are just your opponents in the never ending job of learning. If you only looked at your friends positions you would never learn those opposing views. I have chosen two people as foes because I like to ask them to see my posts and give me their opposing views. Being nice all the time is just not me.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Man, your on my friend list and I don't respect you

j/k

People foe me all the time, they don't like the way that I think. Thank god, life would be too boring if everyone thought the same way I do.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
The thing I don't get is, why do we get a U2U telling us that someone's put you on a list because they don't like you. That's also rather childish. (IMO) I've never really got the whole friend foe thing, you knows who you likes, and who you dislikes. I just ignore people with the power of will alone, if they set me off, I don't need to put them on a little list to remind me.
It IS well childish, and to those of you who have a big long foe list. Grow up!

(I bet a get a couple of foes from that
quick, quick, put me on your list
)

edit- is there an option in the profile to stop getting the foe/friend U2U?

[edit on 20/9/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
So some guys clicked on some virtual button. And you got virtual message (or five). And? It makes you worse person then you are now? No. It is not your problem, nor it is a problem with you. This is a forum with a lot of heat generated in discussions. There are a lot of trolls and other fairy tale "monsters". So conflicts are unavoidable. It is nothing to worry about.
There are important things in life, and there are blinking u2u's saying someone you do not even now, and thus should not care about, added you to some list. And this is very,very far from important things in life.
You have much more friends on this forum, anyway.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I thought you got quite a few of your foes during the great drug debate along with a number of people....as for me, most people just think that I am like the village idiot or something and usually let me pass.

Not to say that people have not foe'd me in the past. Usually after U2U or two, they realize that it was accidental, pity sets in (see above village idiot) or they end up friending me.

It is an odd feature, some people would foe those that had lots of ATS points. As for me, I have foe'd no one. I have hit ignore on no one either. I think everyone has something to say or conversation to add. I have friended exactly two people. SO for making a concession against his better judgement (showed growth as a person and was thus 'awarded' the position of being the first person that I friended) and AshleyD for some long and private discussions via U2U over a few months (genuine friendship/growth of a person, although not sure who expanded themselves more--which I guess is what a genuine friendship is all about. The mutual growth/benefit of two people that is never a tit for tat expression).

Note to endisneigh-- Still working on that reply, just that my notes are on my work computer. Really thought I had would have more time on Friday than I did. So that reply is still coming.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
There is one member who is a bit trigger happy with the FOE button. Check out his/her profile, look at all those foes haha. He/she added me as a foe a couple of months ago saying something about racism when I asked him/her why, but I never even posted anything racist, and he/she couldn't tell me exactly what I did to offend them.

Must be an odd-ball

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I can care less if someone "foes" me.

However, like you stated, when someone does it, who I have never spoken to, it is weird.

I had someone do that, and I U2U'ed them asking why, and their reply was they thought I only hated "blah blah blah", which was their top interest.

They assumed rather easily, that I was not intelligent, that my basis for my belief was limited, but after reading more of what I posted, they apologized and "friended" me.

As I stated, I can care less if someone "foes" me, what bothers me is that it says they are my "Respected Foe" on my profile, and I want the "respected" part removed.

If someone is my foe, they are not respected, it means they are ignorant in my eyes.

A "respected foe" means to me, someone I would be friends with, if it were not for differing opinions.

I think you should be able to pick if someone is a "respected" or "hated" foe.

If I'm not pissing someone off, I am not doing something right, or so the saying goes.

As well, when people "Friend" me, without having talked to me, I find that odd.

I try to U2U someone and tell them I have "friended" them.

It should tell you when someone "friends" you, just like the "foed" option.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I think I only got one or two off the drug debate. Most of the time my foes are coming from birther threads.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join