It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 : Leaks Found in Earth's Magnetic Field

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The earth's magnetosphere has been weakenig noticeably lately. The magnetosphere ; a large electrical bubble that's created by the earth's core shields the earth from solar radiation. On the side facing the sun it is approx. 15 times the size of the earth , on the reverse side is so large that it streches almost to the moon. If it disappears all life would literally cook to death as a result of solar radiation. Sort of like a hot dog in a microwave. Recent data sent back from NASA's Themis Probes www.space.com... showed two massive holes in our magnetosphere. And according to one of these estimates one of these holes is four times the size of earth. That in mind , we are heading into the next major ' Solar Wind' due by 2012.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

Yes, we are headed for a polar reversal.
It has happened many times before.
When the magnetic poles finally reverse, we will headed
toward another polar reversal.

It's sort of like ice ages. -Every 10,000 years-
Earth has it's own clock.
You and i are just along for the ride.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Holes continually grow and shrink. Normally they are over Antarctica. Also as long as our core is liquid we will always have the field…

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
You'll notice that Kaku san says nothing about the holes. It should also be noted that the predictions for the next solar maximum have changed considerably. The peak is expected to occur in May of 2013 and sunspot activity is expected to be below average.

The holes are not really holes, they are connections between the solar wind and the magnetosphere which permit charged particles from the solar wind to build up in the magnetosphere. They are temporary events which occur on a regular basis. It is only since the THEMIS satellites were launched that we have been aware of them. The particles in the magnetosphere pose no danger but if they are present at the time of a geomagnetic storm they can intensify the effects.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hi Phage

Im wondering if you can offer anything to this theory, a friend of mine is convinced all the iron ore mining and other mining and subsequent relocation of the ore is affecting this as well. Do you think this is valid? Im not convinced due to relative size, but Im not an eggspert on this matter.

China has been stockpiling iron ore up to 120million tonnes now Chinas Iron Ore Stockpile 120million tonnes

I know relatively speaking the mines and piles of ore are small compared to earth size but would it be enough to contribute?

have the best day

themuse

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by themuse

The Earth's magnetic field is produced by the motion of liquid iron and nickel in the outer core of the planet. Iron mines are barely even scratches in the surface.
www.pbs.org...

The variations we see in the magnetic field are thought to be the result of interactions between the outer core and the mantle.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by themuse
reply to post by Phage

Hi Phage

Im wondering if you can offer anything to this theory, a friend of mine is convinced all the iron ore mining and other mining and subsequent relocation of the ore is affecting this as well. Do you think this is valid? Im not convinced due to relative size, but Im not an eggspert on this matter.

China has been stockpiling iron ore up to 120million tonnes now Chinas Iron Ore Stockpile 120million tonnes

I know relatively speaking the mines and piles of ore are small compared to earth size but would it be enough to contribute?

have the best day

themuse

lol I'm not Phage but the earth’s core is iron and liquid and that is what makes the field. The iron we mine is not liquid so it has no effect. We are like a Mosquito on an elephant trying to get a speck of blood.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Hi Xtrozero

I know youre not Phage!!, forgive me I think i replied to Phages post without realising it, blonde moment

Thanks for the reply. I figured it was insignificant, but not knowing enough about it I couldnt be sure. My friend bases his theory on the fact he works in the industry and without any factual backing however he is willing to argue with ppl over this being a major cause of possible pole shift!! (especially when hes drunk).

Cheers
themuse

[edit on 20/9/2009 by themuse]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by themuse

Hi Xtrozero

I know youre not Phage!!, forgive me I think i replied to Phages post without realising it, blonde moment

Not a blonde moment, I was suggesting that I wasn't as smart as Phage, but I would give it a shot anyways...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Nice shot!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hi Phage

Thankyou for your reply

Im going to email this thread to my little mate to help fix his, glorious Dump Truck Driver vision!

Have the best day

themuse

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I have wondered if the use and extracting crude oil under the surface might also have an effect. Makes me think of how an electrical ballast might act as a thermal absorbers, cushions etc.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
We're actually into a deep minimum. There is highly chance of no solar maximum in 2013. The sunspots are disappearing more and more every years since 2004 or so. According to spaceweather.com, we're now over 720days of solar minimum, normally solar minimum is 480ish days. Watch out.

top topics

join