It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney's studio chief Dick Cook resigns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Walt Disney Studios Chairman Dick Cook stepped down on Friday from his post to pursue "new adventures" after privately telling staff he felt he no longer fit in at the No. 1 U.S. entertainment company.

Disney's studio chief Dick Cook resigns

Not sure if there's more to it than just him "resigning" on a whim or if he really did just resign to do it. Disney's the corporate giant of multimedia. Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I know the article stated that Cook did not resign over Iger, but I have my doubts. A 38 year corporate person resigning because he no longer "fits in" at the company only tells me that the climate has changed. I have noticed recently that the squeaky clean image of Disney has been spiraling downward, Disney Channel is way more sexual than it used to be, and that is not even considering all the, um, extracurricular activities of its actors. Although there is also the possibility of a forced resignation, I know that Eisner tried to force out Roy Disney, and well, it was Eisner that found the door.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
What's going to happen with Iger is that more damned fluffy propaganda is going to be fostered on the movie goer and our children will be the victims. Disney is has gobbled up some of the best in entertainment and has managed to alienate a large number of original thinkers in those companies. The political correctness of their spiel in the dialogs of their latest movies proves they are a political tool and no longer worth my money!
Zindo

new topics

join