It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is a JOKE!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
www.thecompletepatient.com...

What a joke! Freedom? What freedom?

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
Do not simply post a link to a story and add a 1-liner. Please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire article, AND your opinion, twist or take on the item.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Gemwolf]

See opinion and more substantial post below!

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Imo I think your thread would be better served with the title Ventura County Sheriff sucks but that is just me.

First point I would like to make is this article if you can call it that seams to be a bit one sided. Thoe I am sure that it is accurate it seams to try to paint the Ventura County Sheriff dept in the worst light possible.
This leads me to believe that they actually had a reason to go in to the farm if she is producing cheese outside of the law...Bootlegging cheese if you will. She should incur a fine at the most. To go so far as to say America is a Joke, is a step to far friend. You can not generalize all of America as a "Joke" just because you don't like what the Ventura County Sheriff dept did.

Now in my opinion and like I said this is just me here. If there was a reason for America being a joke these would be it
Boston Launches Flu Shot Tracking! *Tracking Bracelet*
Barack Obama surrenders to Russia on Missile Defence
The Desperation and Dangers of the Far-Right Extreme Evangelical Sub-Culture
Zombies - Fact or Fiction
You should know I included the Zombie link just because I like zombies it has nothing to do with America. OR DOES IT?!?!?...No, no it does not.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by ashnomadonte]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Yeah you're probably right. But as far as health freedom and consumer choice when it comes to what we put in our bodies America is a joke. Bootlegging cheese? LOL. That sounds funny and you're right. America has become a nanny state awash in paternalism and unfortunately the governemnt has hijacked every aspect of our food supply. Pretty soon vitamins will be illegal. So yes "joke" is a very applicable term in my opinion. At least Europe has the balls to take on GMO and Monsanto. Can't say we as Americans pay much attention to it nor do we respect farmers and small scale farmers as much as other countries anymore.

You think it's ok to arrest a mother of three with guns blazing in front of her kids for producing something as stupid as goat cheese and goat's milk? Yeah ok!

Or how about a Swat Team busting through a man's home putting a gun to his head in front of his wife and kids because he ordered some testosterone and growth hormone through the internet? Or how about a Canadian farmer beign raided by SWAT team for producing very much in demand raw milk.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

It just said they had guns, well of course they would they are serif deputies.

And I agree with you about America’s food policy however, I would have used a different source. The one you used is way one sided and you can tell.

Yesterday, big tough guy Dominguez followed up on his mission to make America safe from the Sharon Palmers of the world by showing up at Sharon’s farm, with four of his buddies, armed not only with guns, but with a 14-page search warrant

[edit on 18-9-2009 by ashnomadonte]

top topics

join