It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov't Disinfo Agents on ats

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
are we for real?

I am, and have been extremely skeptical of the so-called gov't agents that post here. it leads to namecalling and alienation of people who might honestly want to believe in and defend their gov't.

I don't need to cite specific examples or name names of people who accuse because we have all seen it.

so accusers, I'm asking you to step up and prove it. I understand the difficulties of being exactly sure someone is who they say they are, but I'm sure there is a way you can make your case. the accused may also defend themselves.

in my opinion, I think some people are so caught up in their own beliefs that they can't believe anyone would think or feel differently.

oh, and I'm waiting to be called a disinformation agent by challenging that belief.

you guys, I want to believe but c'mon.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
No need for accusations.

I'll come out and admit it. My job description requires me to come to this website, gauge members feelings on particular subjects and shift their beliefs, discredit valid facts, and distort facts that do not favor my stated agenda.

My paychecks say "Department of Homeland Security".

Continue posting as usual, terrorists.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Careful observation shows that the gov't disinfo agents are the highly 'religious' on ATS. I once learned about some of their tactics. America is mostly religious so they pose as religious to increase their odds. You can almost pic out every single disinfo agent here by simply noticing a crucifix in their avatar image.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
No need for accusations.

I'll come out and admit it. My job description requires me to come to this website, gauge members feelings on particular subjects and shift their beliefs, discredit valid facts, and distort facts that do not favor my stated agenda.

My paychecks say "Department of Homeland Security".

Continue posting as usual, terrorists.

I completely believe you without any research of my own!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Hi. Karl Rove here.

I'll fess up.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Divisiveness, rancor, installing fear, obfuscate, deny, lie, attack etc etc.

Kind of like this thread.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Yeah apparently I am becuase I dont believe in certain conspiracies(yet I believ in other conspiracuies). Most members just start the accusations when they are struggling to prove their point or you make a valid point which they can not debunk. They never can prove it, the disinfo accusations are merely based on this fact: "this person disagress, therefore they must be being paid by the government to mislead people". Its quite immature, I know...but dont let it get to you

If the government really thought this web site was a threat, then it wouldnt be up and running, and members would mysteriously start dissapearing.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Eh, I'll admit I posted a thread about this earlierr in the DisInfo forum. I didn't call anyone out by name, I never will either. I may "think" that someone is a paid actor, but I won't call them on it without proof. I just felt that there seemed to be a rise in the number of people with hard and biased opinions towing the "official" line and not open for debate. *shrug*

I'll admit I could be wrong and everyone here on ATS is honest about their beliefs and intentions. I don't see that as very likely, though.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

I thought you were a dis-info agent anyway because every time I see your avatar singling me out, I imagine a gnarled finger, dripping with swine flu vaccine pointing at me and logging my IP.

Keep on dogging me and I will be forced to hide in my freezer, beware my wrath

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

LOL.. Mike, you actually strike me as very much NOT a disinfo agent. I don't always agree with your viewpoints, but you have always seem to have a rational reason for thinking the way you do.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I am a US Army Counterintelligence Agent.

Under Executive Order 12333, federal agencies are not allowed to collect information on US Citizens UNLESS there is a specific person under a specific type of investigation. I have made it well known my job description here and have also made it well known that I am here purely as a participant in discussions, not a dis-info agent.

What's funny to me is that I have to prove the fact that I'm agent to more people than those who randomly pick some joe-shmoe and point fingers at them and cry out into the darkness - "He's a FED!! OMGZERS!!!!"

lol

This site provides me with no end of amusement.

If there are other federal agents here, they are also either just participating or there is some type of investigation they are conducting on a member or members.

We don't just randomly pop in and spread lies to the populace - at least not US Army CI. I can't speak for Mr. "Dept. of Homeland Security" up there, but if I was smart, I'd make him prove to me who he was/is. If there really was a charter for that type of mission or case, regulations would suggest that he couldn't just come out and say, "I'm a disinfo agent." That would essentially be blowing his own cover.

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Well, guess I'm safe.

Anyone else notice an increase of unjustified paranoia and fear mongering from some people against others who they don't agree with?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Reply to post by reasonable

And you would be an atheist. Am I correct?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Yeah sure I'm working for the govt. as well..... I'm also from Pluto and I have 12 wives with 5 heads each, 4 arms each, and 3 legs each. Oh and they've also got 10 cats each - which have got 8 eyes and 8 legs, a kind of arachnipuss!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Thanks roger. My grand ma' once said,"If you always tell the truth, you never have to remember what you said."

I do try to live like that.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by rogerstigers

Thanks roger. My grand ma' once said,"If you always tell the truth, you never have to remember what you said."

I do try to live like that.

That's good advice. I live by the same notion. No point in lying when the truth is bizarre. Course I can be faulted for not always indicating when something is an opinion.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by piddles

Hi. Karl Rove here. I'll fess up.

I knew it. I can always spot a turd blossom.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Agent King; We are upposed-sa to be under over-ca. We annot-ca afford to ive-ga Our ecrecy-sa atus-sta up.

Agent Sancho over, and out.

Note: use the secret agent decoder ring to read my message

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I think there are disinfo types on ATS but I think they fall into 4 types.

1) Those who live in there moms basement and so believe something that they are willing to make up anything to try and make it true. These are the ones who still believe in the alien autopsy video or that a youtube video is going to be the real thing. Sometimes these ones have a religious bent to them. Usually stop posting in a thread if shown they are wrong.
Catchphrase " I have a Youtube video that proves I'm right."

2) These are the foreign paid ones. Lets face it ATS is mostly populated with individuals living in or from Britian or her former colonies (US, Canada, Australia, NZ, Ireland etc). The agents in this category come on in large groups and try and comment on specific issues involving specific foriegn nations. They usually ignore threads that do not get above a certain size (it takes time for them to show up on google) and they stick to the breaking news forum. They show up post lots of posts with BS and made up or flawed facts then disappear until the next large thread about there employer (or it's enemies). They also usually have very poor english skills, such that the grammer is very hard to read.
Catchphrase " Yuo ar wong, the incident never happened, they are the frined of the United States of America. Yu trust China."

3) The ones who give the party line. These ones may be paid but are usually not, they just go online and repeat what they hear from the email they got from there organization. Very similar to #1 above but with more of a political agenda and a very much more persistant nature. They may work for a non-profit organization and do this out of a feeling that it is the right thing to do, but usually it's not why they are paid. Some religious ones fall in here but usually this group is political. Like to use the current MSM phrase with negative conitations to refer to those who disagree with them such as "Truthers, Birthers, Teabaggers, Coolaid drinker".
Catchphrase "I can't believe so many people aren't embracing what a gift this vaccine is and how our government is trying to help us stay healthy."

4) This group is usually not obvious and are the ones who you need to worry about. They work for the alphebet soup organizations and usually appear hard core in there beliefs, but they usually are argueing the opposite of what they truly believe. They then try and get people to join them (using U2U's) so that they can report on people of like minds to there boss.
Catchphrase "Let's get our guns and rise up against the gov't, U2U me to join my group."

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
My job is considered part of the intelligence community in the navy though all i do is the weather. we sometimes do some "cant tell you... have to kill you if i did" but its not a normal thing and i dont talk about it to a degree that would get me in any trouble.

the thing to remember is that everyone who works in the community is just another person, and most likely any disinformation that is posted here is on their own accord, not sanctioned or commisioned by the fed...

with that being said, dividing the forum more than it already is is the quickest way to get rid of valuable members, and posting seemingly certainly rediculous theories only ruins the prospect of would be new valuable members.

perhaps ATS should recruit thier own intelligence members

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join