It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Third Party: The Progressive Libertarians ~Gerald Celente

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I was watching the new celente video...He and his institute(?) has come to the conclusion that we are in the early stages of a revolution and a possible third party ready to emerge..

Personally Im on the fence with Celente simply because I can not follow competely all the technical financial mumbo jumbo him and the other talking heads throw at us...

He called the new party Progressive Libertarians...I thought it sounded interesting and summed up my ideological mindest of how politics should be...

so I say:

liberal on social issues

conservative monetary policies

conservative foreign policies

small...make that tiny federal government

no more wars

no more easy handouts

screw the war on drugs

screw the war on terrorism -or at least there needs to be a serious change in execution...no more blood for oil/ capitalism/ or globalization

no more mercenary contracts

localize the economies...secure our childrens future and help spur entrepeneurism ...once again...

which in turn will spur creativity...new ideas...new ways...and create growth

create an environment for prosperity...sound money...militarily isolationsism...No more Americans being used to further some globalization agendas...

dont give a crap about israel...

dont give a crap about bushs saudi arabia

and dont give a crap about china or russia

seperate the government and the media

no more fascism...no more lobbyists...

the only way to do it is through the guidance of our constitution and an amendment banning lobyists

Let freedom ring...liberty...free will...the pursuit of happiness...our foundation that allows brotherhood for all persons...

Not these pathetic partisan agendas that can be skewed by the corrupt leadership that happens to be in power...

No more yanking the American people around. No more lies, and keep the government, in every way possible, out of our lives...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'm a member of the Libertarian Party, here is a little info:

By several measures, the Libertarian Party is considered the largest third party in the United States—a nation which is overwhelmingly dominated by two major parties that typically capture more than 95% of the vote in partisan elections.

Our basic views:

The Libertarian views are a hybrid of right wing economic policies and left wing social policies. Libertarians state that their platform follows from the consistent application of their guiding principle: "mutual respect for rights." They are therefore deeply supportive of the concept of individual liberty as a precondition for moral and stable societies. In their "Statement of Principles," they declare: "We hold that all individuals have the right to exercise sole dominion over their own lives, and have the right to live in whatever manner they choose, so long as they do not forcibly interfere with the equal right of others to live in whatever manner they choose."[cite this quote] To this end, Libertarians want to reduce the size of government (eliminating many of its current functions entirely).

Libertarian Party Wiki

Official Libertarian Party Site

Libertarian Party Views and Positions

[edit on 16-9-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'm waaaay more behind these ideals than the current two parties. My only concern is they would weaken our military. I'm all for pulling back out of policing the world, but hope we will still keep a strong military and intelligence gathering. Other than that, they got my vote!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I am not eager to join a party and wouldn't even if another one or ten emerged. But I think it would be a wonderful sign.
I'd love to do away with political parties altogether and vote for policies instead of loyalties.

Having said that, this party sound pretty good to me.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

cool..thanks for the link!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

absolutely...i signed as libertarian this last election...

though I never thought of it as a "progressive" libertarian...

but seeing the two words together kind of solidified what had been brewing around in the old nogan for quite a while now...

i think we owe quite a bit to dr. paul for that...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DiabolusFireDragon

But it may be worth considering what it would do to spur incentive to join the military..especially in recruiting the best and brightest..

how many more would be willing to join if they knew hey were not going to be used as pawns in some political chess game?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
I was watching the new celente video...He and his institute(?) has come to the conclusion that we are in the early stages of a revolution and a possible third party ready to emerge..

Personally Im on the fence with Celente simply because I can not follow competely all the technical financial mumbo jumbo him and the other talking heads throw at us...

He called the new party Progressive Libertarians...I thought it sounded interesting and summed up my ideological mindest of how politics should be...

so I say:

liberal on social issues

no more wars

no more easy handouts

screw the war on drugs

screw the war on terrorism -or at least there needs to be a serious change in execution...no more blood for oil/ capitalism/ or globalization

no more mercenary contracts

localize the economies...secure our childrens future and help spur entrepeneurism ...once again...

which in turn will spur creativity...new ideas...new ways...and create growth

create an environment for prosperity...sound money...militarily isolationsism...No more Americans being used to further some globalization agendas...

dont give a crap about israel...

dont give a crap about bushs saudi arabia

and dont give a crap about china or russia

seperate the government and the media

no more fascism...no more lobbyists...

the only way to do it is through the guidance of our constitution and an amendment banning lobyists

Let freedom ring...liberty...free will...the pursuit of happiness...our foundation that allows brotherhood for all persons...

Not these pathetic partisan agendas that can be skewed by the corrupt leadership that happens to be in power...

No more yanking the American people around. No more lies, and keep the government, in every way possible, out of our lives...

some of these are mutally exclusive

"liberal on social issues

no more easy handouts"

A country typically can't be "liberal on social issues" and have a tiny government which does not offer easy handouts! I think he means allow whomever to be/do whatever

I am for most of what he envisions, just not sure how realistic some of it is. Its not a large world anymore, it would be hard and maybe even detrimental to "not give a crap about" china, russia, etc.

No more wars EVER is naive.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by I_am_Spartacus]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I am not eager to join a party and wouldn't even if another one or ten emerged.

cant say i blame you there...with the current order of things its hard to imagine anyone would be onboard with these boneheads that are currently in power...both sides of th isle have been so corrupt, i cant ever see a reconciliation with the people they are supposed to be representing...

its at a loss at this point...and somewhere along the lines you have to cut your losses

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I've been calling myself a Whig since 2004. I think that the modern Whig movement is a progressive libertarian movement much like Celente was stating. Check out their website here: www.modernwhig.org...

top topics

join