It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you consider an Iraqi man who threw a shoe at U.S. President George W. Bush a hero or a villain?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

Neither, he missed

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I feel that this man is neither a villain nor hero. Rather unlucky actually......that he missed hitting his intended target and still had to do time for it......

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Anyone who tries to seize, capture or throw stuff at war criminals is a hero. I don't understand how he ended up in jail for doing good, unless we live in hell.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

I'm leaning toward Hero.

The definition of Hero is someone who risks their own safety for the sake of others knowing that they are taking such risks.
So, by definition, he is already a hero.

I wouldn't have done it, however much I wanted to. But I do admire his bravery.

It was a very bold move to make, and it was an important one. It gave strength to millions of people around the world who despised Bush and spent so much energy and time fighting his dictatorship.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
He missed so he is an idiot who is a bad shot.
KMG

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Shoe thrower is a victory for Islam. Goes to show that even an old man with a shoe will fight for Islam and stand by the principles of fard ayn. These are moderate muslims, these are the nice peaceful farmers that will, given the opportunity, attack.
When we are at war because of Islamic goal for world domination you should know the customs of Islam and their meaning. Shoe throwing, beheading, stoning, burkas, terrorism, violence, Christians and Jews being pigs and apes, disregard for women, FGM, honor killing, Sharia Law are all equal and will all be used against us and all come from one Islamic theology.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join