It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you consider an Iraqi man who threw a shoe at U.S. President George W. Bush a hero or a villain?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Lol, a quick poll over at CNN asking this question...
I abstained from voting until I can get my proxy up and running
j/k

CNN

Do you consider an Iraqi man who threw a shoe at U.S. President George W. Bush a hero or a villain?

Hero 55% 1084
Villain 45% 901

Total Votes: 1985

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Why doesn't CNN cover some new, news,

Trying to take the heat off their guy?

Who cares?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

To me, he is neither, but I admire his courage, and I am sure he is a hero to his own people!

There are a lot of politicians I would like to throw a shoe at!! I won't debate Bush's politics or what went right or wrong with the war, there is plenty of that debate already, but I like the OP question, and i think it is important to give the 'Shoe Guy' his proper credit for courage!

He didn't try to kill anybody, or suicide bomb us, but he made his opinion well-known around the world, with a simple act. Bravo!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
the way I see it..If our country was occupied by a foreign military, and our sons and daughter, men and wemon were being killed, raped, and tortured, I would want to throw a shoe at their "leader" too. so I guess he is a hero! to his country. and an inspiration to ours!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Gee, I don't know... A guy with anger management issues throws a shoe... Whoooopty-flippin' do...

Oh, to answer your question: Nope. Rude is what I consider him to be...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I just thought the outcome, so far, was pretty funny... If anyone was wondering if the feelings for GW have changed since he left office, this may hint at that it hasnt.

Also, the title of the thread is the poll question, it isnt me asking the question.

oh and for the record, i dont consider him a "hero" either. Seriously, that word is thrown around way to much as it is, hero, martyr.
My opinion, the guy was pretty damn stupid to have done that, he is very lucky that he didnt get shot on the spot since that couldve have just as easily been a knife, grenade or a shoe full of anthrax.. who knows

[edit on 9/15/2009 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Throwing a shoe in that part of the world is the equivalent of doing a tar and feather on the leader of the "free" world.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I'd have considered him a hero if the shoe had hit home... as is I consider him brave.. and slightly foolish.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

I know it wasn't you asking the question,

I am angry at the world today for some reason.

And I am angry that I cannot say what I really want to say,

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by brocket99
Throwing a shoe in that part of the world is the equivalent of doing a tar and feather on the leader of the "free" world.

All the better!! When will Americans muster up the cahones to bring out the tar and feathers for our own politicians!?!

I say we start at the County Commissioners and Town Councils, and we don't stop until Obama is seeking refuge in Kenya!! Then we elect some common folk to work in Washington for Free and return to their normal professions at the end of their terms!

No more "Career Politicians" just normal folk using life experience to make decisions based on what their constituents are living with every day!!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Kr0n0s

I know it wasn't you asking the question,

I am angry at the world today for some reason.

And I am angry that I cannot say what I really want to say,

Lol, yea I know how you feel, sometimes i get the same way... Lock yourself in a room with good sound insulation and just let it all out.. haha

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
He was brave, angry, and foolish.

He could have just yelled "You lie!"

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The Lockerbie bomber was also received as a hero when he arrived back in Libya.
The sole of the shoe in Islam is the most vile place. The symbolism of throwing a shoe is like a death threat.

For other muslims to allow the shoe-thrower into the presence of the US prosident shows disregard for the security of our officials. It only takes someone like that to complete an assassination or bomb a room full of people.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Is this the came CNN that is currently trying to destroy Joe Wilson for telling the current president "you lie". It just goes to show 55% of their readers are hypocrits.

-E-

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
Is this the came CNN that is currently trying to destroy Joe Wilson for telling the current president "you lie". It just goes to show 55% of their readers are hypocrits.

-E-

Ain't that the truth.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

Neither really. The guy threw a shoe. I can't take such an action seriously enough to label it heroism or villainy.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
He got his point across...

Hero/villain/Fool/Brave

Yeah all of the above.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I consider him an Iraqi man who threw a shoe at U.S. President George W. Bush. Nothing more or less.

It was good for a few laughs, he got his fifteen minutes of fame.

However, if it was an American who threw an shoe at President Obama, I'd have to call him a racist Nazi neocon, and demand his immediate summary execution for a most heinous racist hate crime.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

It was, apparently, a pretty big shoe though

How funny would it have been if it would've dotted GW's eye and he had to walk around the "world" for two weeks with a huge black eye? ahaha..ah ha, ha

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
as i understand it in arabic countrys thorowing shue at speakers is common if you dont agree with them
(like an old unwriten law)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join