It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Appears on morning TV! Filmed it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I was watching TV this morning and near then end i saw a bright thing in the sky above the man, so i rewinded the TV using sky plus and filmed it, its not a plane as it stops, but im not sure its a helcopter? It does look way too bright to be a copter.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Haydn_17]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Yes i saw that this morning and thought the same thing. not a plane.
seems very bright to be a helicopter.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
why is it ` not a plane ` ?

a conventional aircraft crossing R > L then TURNING towards the camera - would as is shown in the clip flare brighter as the nose grae lamp is now ` head on `

as the camera exposure is set to capture the presenter , the nav lights could be too faint to capture - esp as the clip is now compressed and resised for youtube

as for ` too bright to be a helicopter `

do you actually know how bright helicopter search ligts are ?????????????

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

0:17 any Plot flying that low is in for a death wish, look at the buildngs on the left.

If it was a spotlight t must have its lights on full glare at the camera the whole time.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

0:17 any Plot flying that low is in for a death wish, look at the buildngs on the left.

If it was a spotlight t must have its lights on full glare at the camera the whole time.

Yea but some people dont look at things like that. They remain ignorant like apes.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by raybies

hahahaha
2nd line

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
WTF..did you notice how it just stopped at got brighter at the end of the vid....god knows what it is...nice find

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Shocking video quality, I really don't know what you hope to achieve with this?

As ignorant ape said, we could be seeing an aircraft turning towards the camera.

As for it appearing to be close to the buildings, why could it not be closer or further to the camera than these buildings are?

I guess some don't think of things like that either huh?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

it was quiet a sharp turn for a plane dont you think

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Im sorry if my camera offended you, i will go spend �200 on a new right away. What am i meant to achieve? ATS? Alien and UFO board? Some analayis instead of snarky comments.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Im sorry if my camera offended you, i will go spend �200 on a new right away. What am i meant to achieve? ATS? Alien and UFO board? Some analayis instead of snarky comments.

I am not sure what it is but I thank you for filming it.You saw something that you could not id and went as far as filming it to post on here looking for answers.Nothing wrong in that ,this is ATS remember .I hope you find the answer. Good capture .Could well be a plane or helicopter but is strange enough to warrant some disscussion in my opinion.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

` that low ` ?????????????? please tell me how you are determining altitude ???

how low do you think pilots fly when they are turning in to final apprpoach to land ? =- its not a trick question - as a pre landing manouver is the only time most fixed wing aircraft employ their nose wheel spot light

i have no idea where the footage is shot - but in the uk ` CITY OF LONDON AIRPORT ` brings approaching plains on approaces that enagle people to look down on them from tall buildings

and the old honk kong airpost demanded a final approach turn below the level of skyscrapers

there is no such thing as ` too low ` unless you hit something - and to land you have to acheive altitude 0m - to land safley - this should be on a sutible runway

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Did you really want analysis?

From the get go in your opening post you have already decided that it's not a plane.

As for the snarky comments?

The fact is that the video quality is awful, this happens when you film a tv then get it heavily compressed by uploading it to youtube thus rendering it virtually impossible for any kind of proper analysis.

Don't take it so personally.

[edit on 15/9/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by raybies

yes i DID look at that - and addressed it in my reply

to repeat - the ASSUMED aircraft is travelling R > L and the light patern and intesity is constant - then as it slows and APPEARS to stop - the intensity flares and the pattern changes

this is all 100% consistant with the theory that its a spot liht on a conventional aircraft that has made a turn towards the camera

if you cannot manage any other answer than a thinly vieiled ad-hom - then dont bother

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
right - please dont take this post ` the wrong way ` - as its my attempt to be helpfull

ok - pre requisites for meaning full analysis

someone needs to secure a tape / disc / download of the origional clip - as broadcast - not as recorded 2nd gen off a domestic TV screen

then look at the lights on the buildings - the skyscraper far left [ tallest ] SHOULD have hazard avoidance lights on its roof - if you can get a copy of the clip good enough to show them - and resolve each lit window individually

then if it is an aircreaft / helicopter one should expect for its navigation strobes to be visible - if none can be seen at HD resolution - then skeptics are going to consider other explaination

also - location / location / location - we need to know where it is - and the bearing that the light appears at - even altutude of the studio is vital - as it will asssist in making a meaningfull analusis of range and altitude for the light

that is assuming that people want valid answers - not just leaping to unevidenced conclusions like ` it couldnmt be a plane `

thats all ---- for now

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The city, location of the studio, and location of the nearest airport would help a lot. Looked like a plane coming in on a descent to me.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I never assumed that it was flying above the buildings. It looked to me like it was behind the buildings.

I don't see ANY reason why this could not simply be a plane on approach with its landing light on. That seems like an obvious and valid explanation to me.

Originally posted by heineken

it was quiet a sharp turn for a plane dont you think

No -- not at all. There are very many airports where some of the approaches require a turn as sharp as that one.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Seemed rather mundane looking... plane or heli would be my guess. Kind of hard to be definitive with that quality of video though.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
....also - location / location / location - we need to know where it is - and the bearing that the light appears at - even altutude of the studio is vital - as it will asssist in making a meaningfull analusis of range and altitude for the light

that is assuming that people want valid answers - not just leaping to unevidenced conclusions like ` it couldnmt be a plane `

thats all ---- for now

I think it may be Los Angeles. The resolution is very bad, but the building on the right of the TV screen (the one with the top 1/3 of it all lit up) looks like the 777 Tower. The building on the left of the screen (the tallest one) looks like the U.S. Bank Center.

Here's a similar image:
www.shutterstock.com...

If I identified those buildings correctly, then this video is made to the north or northwest of the buildings, perhaps in Burbank or Hollywood. For example, the similar picture I posted was taken from near the Griffith observatory to the Northwest (near Burbank, which is the location of many TV studios).

LA's main airport (LAX) would be to the southwest of those buildings, which would be to the right of the TV screen. The runways at LAX run in an east-west direction, so a plane landing there could be making a turn in the westerly direction (to the right on the video), which is the direction object in the video turned.

Here's a quick visual map of the buildings involved, the possible camera location, and what I think could be a plane approach to LAX. My map shows a plane on approach, but I suppose it could also be a plane the just took off to the east, then made a turn to fly west over the Pacific Ocean:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/31aea594d226.jpg[/atsimg]

EDIT: Fixed link

[edit on 9/15/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Ive seen worst video quality, worst pictures being analysed on TV.
Ever see a program called "Best UFO evidence caught on tape"
It was made in the 90's sometime, they still manage to figure things out with rubbish footage.

Yeh sorry chad i snapped at you, i had a bad morning, waking up at 5am only to find out i didnt need to and walked 10 mies for nothing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join