It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Mustaine on FEMA Camps and Coffins

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
totalstarnger..i can tell you right now, it was dave mustiane WHO wrrote most of kill em all nad some of ride the lightning. DAves music handwriting is all over the songs. The call of ktulu, was written by dave mustiane, but when metallica ousted him , they learned it and used the song on ride the lightning. Dave didnt get it copyrighted* almost ALL of kill em all, was daves music. He also helped james hetlfied, with the song, leper messiah, for master of puppets.l.dave took james to court over it, a good decade ago.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
He also helped james hetlfied, with the song, leper messiah, for master of puppets.l.dave took james to court over it, a good decade ago.

That claim hasn't been proven.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
In any music that doesn't appeal to mainstream masses, it's very hard for musicians with relavent lyrics to be able to get their point across. The song "Hanger 18" some 20 years ago stemmed from the drummer's research on Roswell. "Holy Wars", "Countdown to Extension", etc., their music has always had a message behind it that wasn't the same old "let's get drunk and party" or "I hate the world and everyone in it" theme. Glad other people are seeing it.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Megadeth, smegadeth? Have you ever read Mustaines lyrics? Go check
out peace sells, who"s buying? No other metal band at that time was
doing anyting political - it was all about fantasypooh knights riding, blades swinging I am the hero crap. It was punk and hardcore bands that were filling the political void, not metal. Megadeth is still real and excellent musicians to boot even though I'll admit I never cared much for Mustaine's vocal style which reminded me too much of Iron maiden.

The world for all practical purposes politically, musically and economically died along about the time of John Bonham and Led Zeppelin. That was a band!

It's just an endless progression of regressive and reused styles and methods that lacks anything fresh or innovative or particuarly truly powerful from a political standpoint.

There was a time that a word from John Lennon or Paul McCartney could have literally sent hordes of hundreds of thousands of counter revolutionary youth on a rampage through the halls of power.

The Government truly feared artists like the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors and the Who, Crosby Stills Nash and Young and the Grateful Dead and a few others because they really did have the power to speak to and for and command a massive political movement that was really occuring at that point in time.

No artist today has that effect on the masses and there is no such sizable or mobile political movement abroad in the land today as the Hippy movement.

In the end, it's not really about what you know, it's how you use it, to what effect, when, where and how.

There was a time before the rock industry became some commercialized and mainstream the government had legitimate reason to fear it and some artists especially, and the Powers that Be had a legitimate reason to subvert and control it and long ago since have.

It's more now about frightening people into a resistence is futile concept of self defeating anger and fear and unrealistic hope than a mass collective gathering of like minded souls like occured at Woodstock and other festivals and political events in the late sixties and early seventies.

Nothing personal against megadeath but as far as your annology to Iron Maiden, I think they sang it best by singing, 'Run for the Hills, Run for your lives'!

Good chatting with you as always friend.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Very interesting lyrics in the new song "Endgame" by Megadeth. He seems to sensationalize a bit... like saying the president is the leader of the nwo. Obviously the president is just a puppet, but whatever opens people's eyes i guess.

Attention! Attention!! All citizens are ordered to report to their District detention centers! Do not return to your homes; do not contact anyone! Do not use any cellular or GPS devices! Surrender all weapons at once! Attention! This way to the camps!

I woke up in a black FEMA box
Darkness was all around me, in my coffin
My dreams are all nightmares anymore
And this is what I dream every night

The Leader of the New World Order, the President of the United States
Has declared anyone now residing inside the US of A
Without the RFID chip, you’re just an illegal alien
An enemy combatant of America, welcome to the New World Order

This is the end of the road; this is the end of the line
This is the end of your life; this is the . . .

A society in a society, inside the fence life as you know it stops
They got their rules of conduct and we got ours
Be quick or be dead, you crumble up and die, the clock is
Ticking so slowly and so much can happen in an hour

I learned my lessons the hard way, every scar I earned
I had to bleed, inside the day yard
A system of controlled movement, like a giant ant farm
Any time is long time, now you’re not in charge of your time anymore

The Ex-President signed a secret bill that can
Land a legal US Citizen in jail and the
Patriot act stripped away our constitutional rights
They say a Concentration camp just popped up, yeah, right!

Refuse the chip? Ha! Get persecute and beat by the
Tyranny of Mind control, for the mark of the beast
All rights removed, you’re punished, captured, and enslaved
Believe me when I say, “This IS the Endgame!”

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I don't normally care about a band's political views, as long as they make good music. Dave's been doing political lyrics for ages (Peace Sells, for example), but it's in later albums that he's gotten blatant about it. Rust in Peace is my favourite thrash album, and one of the best songs on it is about aliens and government cover up (Hangar 18). The new album, while not their best, is quite good, and those lyrics to Endgame are blatantly anti-NWO, which is cool.

I have my tickets for their first show in Oz with Slayer (it's a birthday present, my girlfriend is the best). Two of my favourite bands of all time on the same stage. I'm pretty sure I'm going to freak out with excitement and general metal-ness.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I think the new Megadeth is probably the best album they have done in years if not since "Rest In Peace". It's good to hear Dave finally have another guitar player in the fold that he can play off of. I always wondered what he would have sounded like if he could have recruited Kirk Hammett away from Metallica. I love the lyrics to this release in particular because the subject matter is something that I am passionate about myself. I always think that these sentiments slipping in from rock bands are a good indication that maybe the common man is getting fed up with these selected officials.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Is this really any good? I gave up on them after Countdown.

Then Mustaine fell asleep on his wrist or something and it all got really stupid from there. Cryptic Writings was garbage and those singles from United Abominations and The World Needs a Hero were terrible.

Reviews are saying this is not just the best Megadeth album in a decade but the best metal album of the year. Really?

If it reminds me of the glory days of the first 5 I'll have to pick it up.

EDIT

Okay, I havent bought a CD in like 15 years so I figured it was within my budget to grab this one based on the reviews. I got through about half of it on my lunch break. It is awesome. Very reminiscent of the Megadeth of old and I'm very happy I grabbed it.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It would have been interesting indeed, to see if kirk hammett was in megadeth, i bet thierd be lots of lead wars
Unfortunatelly, dave always had a personal problem with kirk, since he rplaced him in metallica. BAck in the early90's, at one gig metallica played, dave was thier..and in a documentary, he talked about how jealous he was of just knowing kirk was in the same building, and the evil thoughts going his mind..dave will always look down on kirk. Dave sometims, used to blabber about his revnge on kirk filling his position..how he had sex with kirks g/f in hte ealy 80's after metalilcas departure.
Thier are some bands, that had political stuff, that i used to listen too alot. Carnivore is one, forget the album came out in 1987. Nuclear assault. prettu much all of thier older albums, late 80's early 90's FEAR FACTORY late 90;s that got some recognition..thier was an album Demanfacture rocked!
A sicker band, VIO_LENCE, had an album around 1990, oppressing the masses...strong poliical stuff, kinda more the truth as to how things work.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Dave Mustaine is a born again christian who has visited Calvary Chapel here in Albuquerqeu. He is well versed in End Times prophecy.

Heres a link the pastor of Cavalry Chapel Skip Heitzig's website. he began this webasite after attending the conference help by our Government to enlist the help of the churches to keep order during times of emergency or unrest.

Its not hard to make prophecy come true when its information is available to all.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Megadeath is badazz, no doubt their sound grinds its way in. Unstopable.

I still love Megadeth~ People don't give Dave Mustaine enough props
for the lyrics he was writing way back - very dark/political. i'm glad he
left Metallica who never sang a song that meant anything. Mustaine's
lyrics were anti NWO when nobody even know it existed, very prophetic as it turns out.
I saw that Megadeth was doing some dates wtih Slayer, flashback to
20 years ago when I saw them together. What amazing bands still.

The one thing I don't buy into is this prophetic wisdom thing everyone thinks these artists have going on. What I mean to say is I believe who
these people are to begin with, most likly has a lot to do with
the information they seem privy to,when" nobody
even knows it exists".
Not even to take anything away from the talent these guys have honed.
Just seems more likly, if you know what I mean. Inside infoRmation.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
I'm not into the Megadeth artwork that much it's well-done, but a bit cheesy. Pretty sure that Vic Rattlehead hasn't been used because of a dispute with the artist Ed Repka.

Whatever the Mustaine issues, I think they really lost the plot AFTER R.I.P. (which was a total benchmark), but lyrically they're very interesting still.

I think Metallica are getting knocked because they seem unable to produce good work anymore...

Master Of Puppets, I actually think was more relevant to Hetfield's addiction problems, especially the line "Chop your breakfast on a mirror" - lyrically "...and Justice for all" is a decent ATS themed album.

No. Vic Rattlehead was re-made for United Abominations through a DeviantART contest, but I've never heard of any dispute.

Also, if such a dispute occured, then why was Vic Rattlehead on the covers for the first 4 albums, but not on Countdown to Extinction, Youthanasia, Risk, Cryptic Writings, or the Greatest Hits CD. Because he was on The System Has Failed and United Abominations. The people on the cover of Endgame are not versions of Rattlehead as they don't have anything covering the ears, as Rattlehead is supposed to be the epitome of the saying, "Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil".

Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

I never knew the story about Dave sleeping with Kirk's girlfriend. That is actually pretty funny.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
David Scott Mustaine, Hey he has his own Wikipedia page.

en.wikipedia.org...

They were a great band back in the day. I have not listened to anything new so I will listen to some of those songs on the new album.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
oh and I'll bet bet Endgame>>Death Magnetic

No Bookie would take that bet. Endgame freaking destroys Death Magnetic!

Political crap aside...
As a longtime Megadeth fan, Endgame is the 1st album since Countdown to Extinction that I actually loved right out of the box.

Good stuff.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Sorry to bump an old thread but it is better than starting a new one I believe. Just got the album and man I couldn't believe the anti-nwo sentiment in it. I swear I thought I was listening to the ATS anthem. I knew that they were into politics and agendas but my God, I couldn't see this coming. What is really bothering me is the lack of airtime that they get. This is the best Megadeth has done in quite a long time. They get no airtime. I remember the local rock station (clear channel of course) when Guns and Roses released Chinese Democracy. That song was horrible and it was getting non stop play. I also recall Metallica over the past several years having sub par singles for their talent but getting constant play. Megadeth comes out, completely smears the NWO agenda in a great fashion, and surprise, no radio station (in my area anyways), touches it. Again sorry about bumping this thread but I can't help but go all tin foil hat sometimes. This is one of those times. I just can't understand how a band that is this good, (better than most crap on the radio) get no airtime and there not be some strings being pulled to keep them down.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join