It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Alien Invasion Would Bring World Peace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
If flying saucers arrived on Earth tomorrow, we would all prepare to cheer, unless the occupants started killing men women and children. How would world leaders act? They would have to unite to fight a common enemy. These aliens dont care what color your skin is, they will kill you anyway.

Human style rivalry is remarkable in one major way: we help other humans in our in group who are not our kin. Evolutionarily speaking, this means that a human can gain some kind of gene survival advantage through cooperation with other humans.

Today, this manifests itself in the creation of nation states, xenophobia and even sporting culture. Humans bond with other humans who are from their hometowns, share a religion or a political leaning.

I think alien life is somewhere out there... to presume that Earth is the only planet in the vastness of the universe capable of sustaining life is a display of confounding conceit. When it is found, whether seen through a telescope we send through the galaxies or when it arrives here in flying saucers, humans will have some other intelligent species with which to contend and incentive to make Earth a peaceful place to live for us.

An alien invasion would ultimately cause the world to unite, and after defeating the other race, our little Earth would likely become a peaceful place to live.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Until a few people find pieces of technology the aliens left behind and exploit it to control the people are are blind towards it. Then the chain starts all over again. It's a paradox for me, on one hand I want to believe that through an experience like that would cause people to appreciate each other as brothers and sisters. However on the other hand, I am still young and I already know how much greed and lust for power is in the heart of man.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

Some are well ahead of you.
You're in good company

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I just hope we dont end up killing ALL of them. Maybe keep a few of them around if they dont kill us.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

Trust me I think if they could travel billions of miles to get here they wont just be coming to probe.

They'd a bit tougher to handle than just uploading a MAC computer virus

DAVE....

[edit on 12-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I've been thinking a bit about this as well.

The sad part is the conclusion I keep reaching.

I recently viewed a guide of the stars and their relative sizes, in relation to our solar system.

There are stars out there that make our sun look like a spec of dust. What if, their planetary systems are proportionally similar to ours, in relation to their star.

Their "life supporting" orbiting planets would have life on them, that could hold earth on their "clover". (Horton hears a Who)

As soon as I find that pic, I'll put it here.

media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=view&id=43845

[edit on 12-9-2009 by Demoncreeper]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
sounds like the plot of watchmen..the original plot before it was butchered by hollywood.

i doubt someone would come all that way to start a fight

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

Would the aliens give us free health care?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Some are well ahead of you.
You're in good company

Hey you beat me to it! I would have posted the same video if you hadn't aready done it!

Originally posted by Demoncreeper

As soon as I find that pic, I'll put it here.

media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=view&id=43845

I think you meant to link to this photo, but the link is broken. Maybe this link works:

But in this case, I think the video seems to do it a little more justice than the picture:

Plus the music being the theme song from "The Black Hole" is cool!

I agree an alien force would tend to unite the world as never before, just as Reagan suggested.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
sounds like the plot of watchmen..the original plot before it was butchered by hollywood.

i doubt someone would come all that way to start a fight

let's say if a race like the greys decide to interfere with human evolution, appearently there is a law not to interfere with the evolution of races on other planets, so hopefully another race comes to our aid, or we are doomed.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I agree, it wouldn't be pretty. If a mass amount of ships decide to stop by for a visit, I'm pretty sure they will mean business. Pretty sure too that there's a lot of folks around the globe that wouldn't be very nice to them, even if they did have peaceful intentions. If they wanted us gone, a global invasion seems like overkill to me. If they're smart enough to get here and want us to disappear, our demise would be stealthily cloaked imho.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

This one is better!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3286d140ef7b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
sounds like another 9/11

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Ahh, yes. Thank you. It worked in the "preview", but not on the actual thread for me. I don't know. haha. So thanks. Also, the video is very cool as well.

But yeah, I was just trying to say..."See how easily we could be the spec on Horton's clover"? haha.

Thanks again

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I am thinking of going to Jerusalem at Christmas time and staying for two weeks in the old City hostels and attempting to bring down a mothership in front of the cameras so there's no denial anymore and common sense may take hold of the nations with nukes that are so close to all out war. I think it's the only hope we have of avoiding a nuke war, a landing by a ufo over the holy sites

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I loved this post Arby! (btw, U2U
)

You don't need to watch from that far to know how small we are. When I'm flying and make a turn, I always look down, and to see everyones down there, in their cars, in the beach, in factories and buildings, you can't stop wondering "from up here, all this people look so insignificant".

I'm with the opinion that humans unite as a group when they have something in common. Being race, religion, country or simply because we are humans against some aliens.

But I also believe that aliens don't come here to steal from us, enslave us or something like that.

Using this great pictures from Arby, can someone really think that in all of those planets and solar systems, they would need to come here and fight us, or that only here there is what they need, and they have to take it by force?

I don't think so.

[edit on 12/9/09 by Tifozi]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
If flying saucers arrived on Earth tomorrow, we would all prepare to cheer, unless the occupants started killing men women and children. How would world leaders act? They would have to unite to fight a common enemy. These aliens dont care what color your skin is, they will kill you anyway.

Well, you are right about one thing. They dont care about the color of our skins. Its still a mystery that WE do however.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well, like they say in MiB I, the earth is always in some kind of alien invasion, immenent doom or universal plague.

Why it hasn't happend? Cause earth is in the ***end of nowhere ofcourse. However..being in the middle of nowhere also catches the attention of races that do not yet want to be discovered by the bulk of alien empires out there. Earth is a good startingplace for a space empire to start from. Remote, uninteresting and disregarded as a little strategic spot. Good for humanity, or that spacefleet that's hiding in that outer ring of spacerocks just past protoplanet Pluto. Don't mind them, their just waiting for us to start sending null vortexes with the LHC in the 4th dimensional wall (spacetime) of the hyperdimensional universal. the real fun starts after that. Which should be in...one year from now.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by AncientShade]

new topics

top topics

join